I Used To Be Jiyong's Dog

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 3: I Used to be Jiyong's Dog

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

“I am CL, and I’m the only baddest female alive.”

 

Cool, huh?

 

Well. I have been living with that motto ever since I was young. Everybody in town has seen me as a wrecked child, an abandoned one, the cursed one. Yeah, yeah, like I really care?

 

While I was walking so happily with a proud smug on my face, Jiyong hurried up to me and walked with me towards their house. You see, I lived with Jiyong in his damn big mansion. So you think I’m that abusive? Nuh-uh. He lets me stay for free. I’m 17 now so I’m basically living with him for like…10 years? Ha! Beat that ers! Living in a mansion, giving all your dang needs FOR FREE. Well, he does have conditions but I always get to violate them once in a while. What about his parents? They’re not here. And they don’t know about my gang so it’s cool. What I don’t like about it, is when he told me I was his DOG.

 

(Flashbacks – Chaerin at 7 yrs. old)

 

Jiyong: Chaerin chingu! you can stay at my house if you want. *smiles with his crooked teeth out*

Chaerin: Really? For free?

Jiyong: Of course! *puts his arm on my shoulder* you’re my friend now!

Chaerin: Will there be a bubble gum for me there?

Jiyong: Bubble gum? 

Chaerin: Yeah! That candy that pops!

Jiyong: My mom won’t let me eat candies. *sad face*

Chaerin: Don’t worry! Here, I’ve got a spare one! *gives him*

Jiyong: *looks at Chaerin, smiling* Thank you, Chaerin chingu!

Chaerin: Eo! But don’t swallow it, okay? It will get stuck in your insides forever! Araseo?

Jiyong: Ne!

 

When Jiyong led me to their house, I had my jaw droppes out of amazingness. I’ve never seen a house as big as this before! At first, I thought we were in the President’s office but I was shocked when he actually told me it was their house. When we went inside, the maids gathered at us and bowed politely to us like we’re a prince and a princess. Then the girl with a nice uniform moved forward and spoke,

 

Maid: Sajangnim Jiyong, is there anything you want us to do?

Jiyong: Please take care of my friend right here, and please open the guest room for her. She will be living there from now on.

 

Then they all started looking at each other, confused of what Jiyong said. Then she replied,

 

Maid: Sajangnim, has your mother known about this?

Jiyong: I will tell her soon. But for now, do as I say.

 

They bowed down and started moving quickly. The scene really made me speechless, amused to Jiyong’s authority in this house…which I kind of envied.

 

Chaerin: Jiyong-ah...Sajangnim?

Jiyong: That’s what they call me here. *smiles* My mom said that they should address me as that and do whatever I say.

Chaerin: Wow. That’s so cool. I’ve never experienced living like that before…

Jiyong: Don’t worry! I’ll take care of you now! *smiles again*

 

After showing me around their enormous house, Jiyong called up his mom who is currently working in the States.

 

Jiyong: Mom. It’s me, Jiyong.

Mom: Eo. Jiyong-ahh! Why did you call? Mommy’s so busy.

Jiyong: Mommy! I’ve got a new friend!

Mom: Jiyong. What did I tell you about making friends with strangers??

Jiyong: But mommy…

Mom: No buts! Now, just focus practicing your piano, okay?

Jiyong: Uhmm…mommy! She’s a dog!

Mom:  A dog???

Jiyong: Can I keep her?? Please??!!!

Mom: Okay. Fine, but be sure you’ll take responsibility mister.

Jiyong: I promise!

Mom: Mommy needs to hang up, now! Okay? Byeee!

 

Not knowing what was Jiyong’s talking about, I followed him again this time to their kitchen. Yum

 

(End of Flashback)

 

Oh, but don’t worry. His parents already knew about me. It was actually when they arrived in Seoul, a year after I’ve started living in their house. Jiyong was actually out, attending his piano lessons while I wait for him in the front yard near their entrance. Just then I noticed a car coming all the way with two elders who looked like they’re loan sharks with their shining outfits. Worrying with their house and all, I stood up running towards them like I’m ready to charge them anytime.

 

(Flashbacks – Chaerin at 8 yrs. Old)

 

Chaerin: Jeogiyo!

Man: Eo. Who are you?

Chaerin: That’s what I’m supposed to ask you, mister and miss! Are you loan sharks???

Miss: Loan sharks?

Chaerin: Ne! *with a smug on my face*

 

The man kneeled to me and said,

 

“We’re the owner of this house, young lady.”

 

When I wasn’t able to speak, I realized they are Jiyong’s parents. Omo, Jiyong really got his looks from his mom especially his eyes and his eye smile. Leaving myself dumfounded, Jiyong’s mom asked me,

 

“Why are you here, then?”

 

Chaerin: *gulps* I’m…uhm. I live here, remember?

 

They looked at each other, confused by what I said. Just then Jiyong’s mom blurted out two words that insulted my entire ing life.

 

“Omo! JIYONG’S DOG! Aisshhh.”

 

(End of Flashback)

 

From then on, he owed me his whole boring life for calling me once his DOG. that damn childhood memory.

------