Chapter 29: There, I Said It.

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 29: There, I said it. 

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

Jiyong dragged me up to the rooftop of our school. I haven’t been here for a while. I used to hide here whenever everyone else is looking for me because of all the problems I’ve caused here in this school. But ever since I’ve started up a gang, I’ve never visited this place again.

 

I looked around more and I noticed that nothing changed. It still has this mini garden the science club put up years ago. I guess the gardener still maintains it every once in a while. Boxes of junk are still here rotting themselves and a wooden bench fit for like 3 people. When I was done looking around, I saw Jiyong looking at me, smiling.

 

I felt so hot and I don’t know why, I tried to look away and pretended that it’s not even bothering me.

 

Jiyong: Missed this place?

 

I looked at him.

 

CL: Well…I guess? *smiles dryly*

 

He sat down on the bench and patted the seat beside him, telling me to sit beside him. And I did.

 

CL: Why bring me here, huh?

Jiyong: Well I thought we needed a private place.

 

There goes his smile with the biting of his lower lip. Dang, why does he have to pull it off now??? Distracted, I tried focusing on what he said.

 

CL: Private place?

Jiyong: Uhuh.

 

He brought out a paper-like thing out of his pocket and it seriously made my heart skip faster. Why do I feel like it’s a ticket that he’s bringing out??? But that would be impossible…I mean, he already agreed to Bom. He can’t possibly invite me now, right? With these thoughts playing in my mind, I just watched him to what he’s going to do next.

 

He unfolded the paper and sweat trickled off my head. When he opened it, nothing’s there. Just a blank paper indeed.

 

CL: What the…

Jiyong: Here. Start making your speech.

 

Being embarrassed inside me, I just went on.

 

CL: You brought me here just to write my speech???

Jiyong: Yaaa. You should start making now, Jinusean should be asking for your speech a week from now.

CL: You dare force me to???


He looked at me, totally serious now. What is he nowadays??? A bipolar kid??? He stood up from his seat and said,

 

Jiyong: Finish that this week. I’ve picked this place for you since this is the only quiet place I can find for you to focus. Remember, your grade in Jinusean’s class depends on how you will deliver and make your speech. So if I were you, do it now. *walks away*

CL: YA! Where are you going?

Jiyong: I need to go to Bom. She’s actually waiting for me in the canteen. *looks back at me* Write well, okay?

 

He went down without looking back again. I was left there with a blank paper and a confused mind.

 

--------------

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

I left CL alone there even though I lied that Bom’s waiting in the canteen. I had to leave her there since I can’t accompany her all day there with Psy hyung’s instructions. Before I left, I peeked through again to see what’s she doing and I saw her holding the paper and starting to write. Wow, I didn’t even think that she’ll take me seriously. I thought she’s just going to lie there and wait for our dismissal. Well I guess everything’s working just fine. Maybe CL’s changing like what hyung said. Setting my hopes aside, I went down and headed straight to the canteen.

 

Bom: Jiyong-ah!!!

Jiyong: Eo…Bom…

Bom: Here! I saved a seat for you!

Jiyong: Thanks…*sits down beside her*

Bom: Where have you been?

Jiyong: Oh…uhm, somewhere.

Bom: Aigoo…I was looking for you earlier. *pouts*

Jiyong: Since when you didn’t? *murmurs*

Bom: What?

Jiyong: Oh…nothing. Just continue munching. *with a fake smile*

 

She smiled for me as a response and I went back to thinking how CL was doing. Knowing her persistence, I could tell her mind’s working right now and maybe she’s about to be finished. Well…I hope so. I’m really looking forward to hearing her speech.

 

After few of our classes, CL didn’t attend one of them until our last class was finished. Thinking she would be still in the rooftop, I managed to get away from Bom’s sight and went towards her. When I got there, she was no longer in the bench where I left her earlier. Jeez, what are you thinking Jiyong? Of course, she wouldn’t be there anymore. She’s not like what you think. She’s stubborn as…

 

… Wait a minute. Is that….

 

…Is that possibly….

 

…CL????

 

I rushed towards the boxes of junk on the side and there I saw her lying. She was asleep as she buried the paper on her face. I found that cute though. I think she got tired of thinking what she will write. Expecting she already finished her speech, I got the paper from her gently and saw that the paper is still blank.

 

What the???

 

Jiyong: And I’ve thought she changed…jeez. Who are you kidding, Jiyong? *murmurs*

 

I folded the paper and put it in my pocket. I managed to carry CL without waking her up and I brought her all the way down to our car. Well, she’s not that heavy you know. To tell you, she’s quite lighter than I expected. Compared to all those other girls who are always conscious of their weight, she never cared about hers. She was simple as she wanted, which made me admire her more.

 

Psy hyung saw me and helped me bring her inside the car. On our way home, CL is still asleep and Psy hyung spoke,

 

Psy: Master…she might melt.

Jiyong: What???

 

Finally noticing what he means, I just smiled as a response.

 

Psy: You missed her, didn’t you?

Jiyong: *sighs deeply* Well…yeah.

Psy: Do you still want to continue?

Jiyong: Where?

Psy: In our plan…

Jiyong: Oh…why?

Psy: Well…I can see you’re having a hard time. I know you’ve been always sticking to her all your life. I don’t want seeing you…

Jiyong: I’ve never been better, hyung. *flashes out a smile*

Psy: Oh? Really??

Jiyong: CL has not paid attention to me this much over the years. She always notices me whenever she needs something from me. Other than that, I’ve received none.

Psy: Master, I believe she’s changing.

Jiyong: *sighs* I thought so too.

 

Thinking about the blank paper I gave her, I can’t help thinking she’s just the same as she was before. Neglecting my every ways towards her, I was saddened to know that still…

 

…..she doesn’t care.

 

---------------------

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

I woke up looking at my window, seeing it’s already night time. I looked at my clock and saw it was already nine in the evening. Jeez, that was a pretty hard core sleep there. I sat up from my bed and stretched and….

 

WAIT A SECOND.

 

I was in the rooftop! But how??? Who did…???

 

I stood up quickly and fixed my hair before I went out of my room. I rushed down the stairs and find somebody to question about my arrival here. SOMEONE MUST HAVE TOUCHED ME. Gosh, with me being nervous and all, I tripped down the stairs.

 

Before I was completely fallen down to the ground, someone caught me.

 

Jiyong: WOAH! Careful, CL.

 

Okay. So I was in an awkward position. My feet were tip-toeing on the very edge of the platform of the stairs, leaving me leaning my body to Jiyong’s. I was basically hugging him tight as I was very nervous of falling down.

 

Jiyong: Uhm…it’s okay now. You can let go.

 

Blushing, I unclasped myself from him and stood straight. I looked away at first then I peeked in him.

 

Jiyong: Are you okay??

CL: Erm..yeah. I’m fine.

Jiyong: Why are you rushing down? Something’s wrong?

CL: A-aniyo.

Jiyong: Okay…

 

He then walked pass me, going up to his room. But then I had the guts to ask him what happened to me this afternoon.

 

CL: WAIT!

 

He looked back.

 

CL: I…I’ve fallen asleep earlier. Who…?

Jiyong: Psy hyung.

CL: Oh…he carried me home?

Jiyong: Yeah.

CL: Is that…so. Uhm, okay.

 

I slowly went down and walked to nowhere.

 

Jiyong: Wait.

 

Now it’s my turn to look back.

 

Jiyong: You didn’t even write anything.

CL: What???

Jiyong: The paper I’ve given you…it’s all blank.

CL: You took it?!

Jiyong: Well…I saw that you didn’t write anything. So I took it.

 

I rushed up the stairs and faced him.

 

CL: Give it back to me. NOW.

 

Jiyong’s eyes widened and he said,

 

Jiyong: Woah…chill. Uhm…I’ll get it. Okay?

 

He ran towards his room and after a while, he brought me back my paper.

 

Jiyong: Here. *hands me the blank paper*

 

I snatched it away from him and went up to my room. How dare he take it when he already gave it to me earlier?! Jeez.

 

I closed the door with a loud bang and sat on my bed. I looked at the paper and sighed as a relief. Dang, I really thought I was going to be caught there. I put my hand in my pocket and felt that it’s still there. I brought it out and looked at it for a while.

 

It’s my copy of my speech. Yeah, I’ve written it on another paper I had with me. It’s still a draft though, but it’s almost done. Now, you may ask….to why I didn’t bother to write on the paper Jiyong gave me….

 

I guess the answer’s on the paper itself. I lied down on my bed again and thought of taking a shower. I’ve been into thinking a lot when Jiyong left me there alone and I thought I was too stupid these days. I got up and went straight to the showers leaving the two papers behind…one with the copy of my speech….

 

…… and one unfolded paper with a very little handwritten note of mine at the very edge of it...

 

And it said,

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

………”I can’t believe I like you”

 

 

------------------