CHAPTER 32: JIYONG'S TRANSFORMATION

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 32: JIYONG'S TRANSFORMATION

 

(TOP P.O.V)

 

TOP: So she’s just a freshman…and a transferee.

Seunghyun: Ne…plus her name’s Minji.

TOP: Minji…

Seunghyun: Waeyo? Is she our new target?

TOP: Aniyo. I…I need to find her.

 

I went away from little Seunghyun and tried to scan the place. She must be still here. I tried going to the freshmen’s rooms and find her but still, no luck. Just then a commotion just outside the girls’ wash room emerged from my sight. I immediately went over and see if she’s there…and my instincts were right.

 

I saw her sitting on the floor in the center of bully girls in her age, trashing her things down to her. She was just bowing down, not even moving or complaining from the abuse. When I got nearer, I pushed away the girls as calmly as I can and faced them.

 

TOP: YA! It’s already time for you girls to leave!

 

They just looked at me.

 

TOP: Well…I’m sure YOU GUYS KNOW CL…

 

Then they all started to nod and ran away from me.

 

TOP: HA! Serves you bullies right!

Minji: Thank you.

 

I looked back at her and helped her get up. I carried her things that were trashed on the floor and gave it back to her.

 

TOP: You shouldn’t act as their prey as always.

 

She looked at me, more intently.

 

Minji: Who are you?

TOP: I’m TOP. You don’t know me, but I know you.

Minji: How?

TOP: I followed you home.

Minji: Why?

TOP: I was curious.

Minji: To what?

TOP: It’s just that…I always see you around. And I found out you’re just near our house.

 

She looked at her watch and she widened her eyes.

 

Minji: Oh my…I’m late again! Uhm, it was nice meeting you Mr. TOP.  *bows down to me*

TOP: Wait! Are you going home to your mom again???

 

Then she looked at me like she’s seen a horrible ghost.

 

TOP: She doesn’t treat you well, right?

 

She looked away, trying to avoid my question.

 

TOP: She hurts you! And you let her…

Minji: You don’t know anything.

TOP: I may not know, but I think it’s not right.

Minji: Go away, please. *tries to turn back from me*

TOP: YA! I can help you!

 

She looked like she’s going to cry, but she held it back.

 

Minji: Thank you, but I have to go.

TOP: WAIT!

 

She ran away from me and headed towards the school’s gate. I wasn’t able to stop her as she was very determined to go back home. Why does she even want to go back there? She was being abused, without any valid reasons at all. I saw that myself, and she can’t deny it. You may think I’m weird as I really want to help her, but there’s something inside me saying I should go for it. The girl’s too young to be hidden from the beauties of the world. And I’ve got to help her realize that fact.

 

---------------

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

As Jiyong and I headed outside to go back home, I saw Giant talking with a girl. That’s weird; I’ve never seen him talking with any girls, especially young-looking ones. I wanted to approach him but the car’s waiting. Thinking I could ask him some other time, I rode inside the car and headed back home.

 

When we got home, I immediately went inside my room and laid my body on my bed. As my thoughts about what Bom and I had conversed with, my head aches with too much concern. Jeez, why do I have to be affected anyways? UGH.

 

*Flashbacks*

 

During our break, I decided to get away from Jiyong for a while. I sat on the most corner of the canteen and tried to eat without anyone actually staring at me for what happened this morning. And that’s what I thought. Just then, I saw Bom coming her way towards me with her tray of food.

 

Bom: Can I sit with you?

 

I nodded, I had no choice okay. For the first few minutes, she tried to concentrate on her food and I just kept myself from noticing her. I can say that she’s really not into the mood to eat and there’s something she wants to talk about with me.

 

Bom: Uhm…CL?

 

I looked at her, waiting for her to continue.

 

Bom: What happened this morning?

CL: What do you mean?

Bom: Uhm…well. You and Jiyong were late. And…you were…*tilts her head down* holding hands…

 

I started feeling nervous.

 

CL: Uhm…it was nothing.

Bom: I…I didn’t mean to be suspicious or anything…I was just…curious.

CL: We were getting late. He had to drag me up to the room. That’s all.

Bom: Really?

CL: Yeah.

 

Then she smiled.

 

Bom: I’m being silly. I’m sorry. *smiles again*

CL: ….what’s the matter?

Bom: Well…nothing much really. I…I thought…something was up.

CL: Like…what?

Bom: Nothing…you’ll just laugh at me.

CL: Try me.

Bom: Erm…I thought you guys had…something up. If you know what I mean.

 

I do know what you mean. Dang. I just wished I didn’t ask.

 

CL: Oh…no. There’s nothing. No way.

Bom: I know…you’re just best friends right? Like very close ones?

CL: Uhuh…

Bom: *smiles* I guess it isn’t a surprise if I told you I liked him, right?

 

I looked at her, more intently now.

 

CL: Y-you do?

Bom: *nods and scratches her nape* And it would really break my heart seeing him with other….girls.

 

I looked away.

 

Bom: Oh…I didn’t mean, you. I understand your relationship, really!

 

I tried to smile and excused myself from the table. She agreed and bid me goodbye. Looking back at her again, I can’t seem to hide my feelings of being upset and disappointed at the same time. Sigh.

 

*End of flashbacks*

 

CL: Aigoo, CL. Stop being pathetic. It’s not like Jiyong is yours.

 

Trying to push my thoughts about Jiyong away, I decided to just close my eyes and fall in a deep sleep.

 

------------

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

I was sitting on the couch when Psy hyung came to me.

 

Psy: What’s bothering you, master?

Jiyong: What…oh. Nothing.

Psy: I’m sure, there’s something.

Jiyong: Well…I’m thinking of plans to how I can change CL’s perspectives about the prom. And it’s giving me a headache.

Psy: Why not start with yourself, master?

Jiyong: What? Why me?

Psy: Yaaaa, what CL needs to know is that a prom is nothing without a partner. *smiles*

Jiyong: I can’t…remember? I’m going with Bom.

Psy: I’m not saying for real, master. I think you could pretend to be her partner for a while, as you execute your plans for her to actually like the event.

Jiyong: Well…what about me then? What should I do?

Psy: Show her how a partner looks like. *winks*

 

Psy hyung dragged me along with him in the kitchen where everyone was there. He made his voice loud enough for them to hear about his plan.

 

Psy: Now, we have a project due tomorrow!

Maid1: What are you up to now???

Psy: We have to make our master here, the best looking guy in his school!

 

Then they all cheered and agreed on his plan, which leaves me basically confused to how they will even do it in one night.

 

Jiyong: Wait…but how…?

Psy: Hush, master. I have it under control. Ya! You!

Maid2: Ne?

Psy: Call Mrs. Kwon’s stylist, pronto!

Jiyong: WHAT?!

Psy: Calm down, master. It’s going to be fine.

 

Psy hyung insisted to make me look presentable before mom’s stylist. He commanded the maids to prepare a hot bath for me and I washed as thoroughly as I can. Leaving my wash room, I saw that mom’s stylist is already in my room. Psy hyung gestured her to actually start up and do her thing on me.

 

The procedures were tough on me. I’ve never visited a salon even before. I hated the smell of those kind of places, it reeks you know. With all those different chemicals lurking around the place, I can’t stand it. But now, it looks like my room turned into a home-like salon.

 

She started by making me lay down on a folding bed, and by putting various creams on my face. She then commanded my maids to work on my feet and my hands as she works with her own thing. After that scrubbing and massaging, she then put a mask on my face and let me lay there for about a while. While I was lying down, I can hear them discussing about hairstyles that will actually suit me. Dang, why can’t I even pick my own hairstyle? I just wanted a normal cut, that’s all. When they finally decided, she put away the mask on my face and put a blindfold now. She told me I can’t peek to what I will look like so I just had to agree with her.

 

After like half an hour, she told me she’s done with my haircut. She took away the blindfold from my eyes and I saw myself on the mirror.

 

…..

 

Psy: So? Do you like it Master?

 

…..

 

Jiyong: I can’t see clearly.

Psy: Oh, crap. We forgot about one thing!

Stylist: Don’t worry, I got that covered.

 

She brought out a small circular container and gave it to me.

 

Stylist: Wear it.

Jiyong: What’s this?

Stylist: Your contact lens. Get rid of those glasses. This will do fine.

 

I looked at her and she nodded. I tried putting it on me and now, I can see myself clearly.

 

…..

 

Psy: So??

 

I touched my face to actually check if it’s mine. Dang, it is. What the….

 

Jiyong: I….

Psy: Yeah?

Jiyong: I look….

Stylist: Gorgeous, dear.

 

And she’s right. Not that I’m bragging, but it’s true. She’s a genius, how can she make a face as…bright as this? I had a dull face, with a pair of eyeglasses on me. But now…it’s like those in different artists’ ads about their face. Jeez, is this for real?

 

I had a very smooth complexion now, with eye bags hiding from they actually came from and a neat set of nails on my hands and feet. I even have a hairstyle that’s famous for male icons. What do they call it? A Beiber-cut? Yeah, from that international boy...? Jeez, I don’t even know I can pull it off as he can. Dang.