CHAPTER 39: My Face is a Painting

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 39: My Face is a Painting

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

The next day, I did the same thing to CL. I woke her up early in the morning and made her get ready for our trip. As usual, she wore that gangster size shirt and a pair of jeans with simple sneakers. Even though I see her as perfect as she is, I needed to do something with that as suggested by my stylist. That’s why our next phase would be her physical transformation.

 

When we got into the car, as driven by Psy hyung, she started bugging me with her questions.

 

CL: YA. Where are we going??

Jiyong: We’re now in the fourth phase, CL.

CL: Which means..?

Jiyong: It’s time for your transformation. *I winked at her*

 

When we got to my stylist’s salon, she immediately grabbed CL and made her face the mirror. As for me and Psy hyung, she commanded us to sit back and watch.

 

Stylist: Well…your face is surprisingly smooth my dear. You just needed..uhm, some touch-ups.

CL: What am I? Your clown?

Stylist: Very funny my dear. Hmm, let’s see…your hair is a little bit dull and dry…and oh my god!

CL: What???

Stylist: look at those nails! You totally needed manicure!

 

She clapped her hands twice and her servants all came forward. She pinpointed their own parts for CL’s transformation and they all started their work. While my stylist has been doing her thing with CL’s hair, I can see CL really annoyed by her. As much as I know CL, I’m sure she wanted to punch my stylist’s face right now. Smiling by my own thoughts, I just grabbed a magazine and made myself preoccupied with it.

 

Well…I can’t really seem to concentrate to what I’m reading. Flashbacks from last night keep coming back to me. I can’t seem to get why CL looked like…she was crying? I really didn’t know. The truth is, I was about to confess to her…but I guess it’s not really time yet. After this styling and everything…I’m planning to bring her to the last phase and my prize…my confession,

 

 

…..and my proposal.

 

----------------

 

(TOP P.O.V)

 

It was a Sunday morning and we had a great breakfast prepared by Minji again. I guess my brother liked the idea of her being her already, since he can have a decent breakfast now. While Minji was busy washing the dishes and my brother was reading today’s paper, I stood at our door…deep in my thoughts.

 

The thought of inviting CL this evening really bugs me. I mean…how can I even tell her about it without her laughing at me??? And to think of it, I don’t even have a decent tux to wear for that event. I can get a job…? Jeez, who will even a hire a giant like me??? AISH!

 

Minji: Ya.

TOP: Eo…minji-ah.

Minji: What are you thinking?

TOP: Mwo? Nothing…

Minji: Jeez…I can read people’s minds you know.

TOP: Really?

Minji: Wanna bet?

TOP: Try me.

Minji: It’s about the prom, right?

TOP: Wha..how did you know???

Minji: I told you, I can read your mind!

 

Totally confused about how she got it right, she laughed.

 

Minji: Paboya. I was just kidding.

TOP: What?

Minji: You’ve been holding those prom tickets since after breakfast.

 

Looking at the tickets at my hand, I was caught red-handed. Damn.

 

Minji: Haven’t got any partner?

 

I blushed.

 

She spanked me at my arm.

 

TOP: OW!

Minji: Ya…don’t tell me you’re too scared to ask???

 

Seriously, is she some kind of a fortune teller or something??? Jeez.

 

TOP: I…I’m not. *I lied*

Minji: Oh…that explains the two tickets you have there.

 

Dang. She’s pretty keen…and smart. Ugh.

 

TOP: Fine. You’re right. Happy??

Minji: Ani…do you want me to help you?

TOP: How is that then???

Minji: Hmm…I can help you in confessing!

 

Wait. She can’t possibly do that or else she’ll meet her sister right away. No, not now. I wanted to confess things to her in the right time.

 

TOP: Uhm…I can do that. But…

Minji: But what?

TOP: I still don’t have anything to wear for the prom.

 

She clapped her hands like she thought of a brilliant idea.

 

Minji: That’s not a problem!

TOP: Why?

Minji: Leave that to me. *winks at me*

 

She left me and ran outside. I tried stopping her but she won’t look back. Dongwook, my brother, came beside me and spoke,

 

Dongwook: Yaaaa, even a girl can solve your problems eh?

TOP: And even a girl can make you a decent breakfast, punk.

Dongwook: I admit…she’s not a bad idea.

 

He patted my shoulders and said,

 

Dongwook: You’ve done great, brother.

 

I looked at him suspiciously like he ate something odd today. Jeez, I never got compliments from him before. Maybe Minji is a great cure for my egoistic brother.

 

Dongwook: Omo! It’s Chaerin-ah!

TOP: WHERE???

 

Then he laughed.

 

Dongwook: If I were you, I’ll give up those tickets.

 

Totally annoyed by him, I threw him my slipper.

 

TOP: AISH!

 

--------------------

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

My hair lost its ity today. I swear, I couldn’t count all those treatments she put in my hair plus she’s been cutting in every way she can. After that, she made me wear a blindfold which left me clueless to what’s her plan about my pitiful hair.

 

After almost an hour, she finally removed the blindfold from me which left me with blurry views. As I rubbed my eyes…I can slowly see what my face looks like.

 

Stylist: So?

 

I…look…like…

 

CRAP.

 

CL: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!

Stylist: That’s what you call a masterpiece.

CL: WHAT AM I??? A PAINTING?!

 

Okay. So I have this dyed hair. YES. SHE DYED MY HAIR. She dyed it light brown? Well…it looks like it’s close to blonde but not really that blonde. She also straightened it and guess what? I HAVE DAMN BANGS NOW. Like, full bangs people! While I was totally freaking out, Psy oppa came into the room and he widened his eyes as soon as he saw me through the mirror.

 

Psy: CL-AGASSI!

CL: ANIYO. Don’t look at me, I’m a mess. *I covered my face with my hands*

Stylist: YA! YA! We’re not finished yet! Head back outside, please!

 

Psy hyung bowed and left the room with me being miserable over my look. This isn’t me! It’s a totally different alien from another planet! Why does she have to dye my hair anyway??!! Still not uncovering my face, the stylist forced me to face the mirror again with all her might.

 

Stylist: YAAA. You look great, dear.

CL: I don’t!

Stylist: Look carefully you stubborn girl!

 

And I did. I looked at the mirror with my brows, scrunched.

 

Stylist: Look, my staff here and I work for the betterment of our every customer. And, we have come into the conclusion that sandy brown suits your face. You don’t look dull now, see?

 

I guess?

 

She clapped her hands again and this time, her crew brought a tray of kits. Okay, what is she about to do this time???

 

Stylist: Now, time for your make-up!

 

---------------------