Chapter 30: Seunghyun's Blind Brother

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

 CHAPTER 30: Seunghyun's Blind Brother

 

(TOP P.O.V)

 

I was on my way home when I saw that little girl again. The same girl I bumped into days ago who wore our school uniform. That’s odd, when I first saw her from a distance I thought she was CL. But when I looked closer, it was not her. Because of my boredom, I managed to follow her until she went inside this house just three streets from ours.

 

TOP: Jeez, why am I even following her?

 

I shook my madness off and was about to go away but I was stopped on my tracks. I heard someone shouting from the house she just entered. When I looked back, I saw that she was being dragged furiously by a woman. I came closer and saw the whole scene.

 

Woman: WHY ARE YOU LATE?!

Girl: I…I had to…

Woman: EXCUSES! YOU’VE ALWAYS GIVEN ME PROBLEMS! AISH! *spanks her in her arm*

 

Then the girl started to cry. I think that’s her mother and she’s awfully drunk. She threw a bottle of alcohol at her and luckily it didn’t land to her. I wanted to go there and stop her from hurting the girl but I can’t. I was too powerless to do so. I just can’t do anything but to watch.

 

Woman: CLEAN THAT MESS UP! AISH! I SHOULD HAVE THROWN YOU AWAY WITH YOUR SISTER BEFORE! ARGHHH!!! SUCH PAIN IN THE !

 

Her mother is too much. I don’t think she’s even reasonable enough to physically and verbally hurt her. The girl can’t do anything but to cry, she tried controlling her tears but she wasn’t able to. I can see from here that she’s very hurt deep inside but like me, she can’t do anything about it. Being too much affected by what I’m seeing, I’ve decided to just go home. But one thing’s for sure…I’m going to get this girl a help she deserves.

 

There was a sign on their gate saying, “GONG”. I guess that’s their family’s surname. Thinking of a plan to save her, I called little Seunghyun up and asked for help. I’ve dictated him to search for a girl named GONG around school and report it to me immediately. Being CL’s right hand, I can make our recruits follow everything I say. So it’s all cool.

 

After a while, I’ve reached our home. Good thing brother’s not here yet because I’m not really in the mood to fight with him right now. And maybe I’m not in the right state to answer his question that he left me hanging earlier this morning. When I was about to close the door, a hand stopped me from doing so.

 

It was HanByul.

 

TOP: What are you doing here?

Hanbyul: Where’s your brother?

TOP: Not here.

Hanbyul: Then where is he???

TOP: Why even bother? You broke up with him right?

Hanbyul: Look, we need to talk.

TOP: Well. Better try next time, because he’s not here.

 

When I was about to really shut the door, my brother came.

 

Dongwook: Hanbyul???

 

She turned back. Jeez, it’s like in those movies. Yuck.

 

Hanbyul: Dongwook…

Dongwook: What are you doing here?

TOP: I asked her the same thing.

 

She ignored me and came towards my brother and held his hands.

 

Hanbyul: We need to talk. Please.

Dongwook: About what?

 

Then she hugged him. Oh, dang. Talk about corny movies, really.

 

Hanbyul: Dongwook-ah. I…I didn’t mean to hurt you. My father just forced me to break up with you…he warned me not to disobey him or else he’ll hurt you.

Dongwook: Hanbyul…

Hanbyul: Please listen to me!! I love you, I still do I swear!

 

Then my brother unclasped from her. He put his head down and said,

 

Dongwook: We’re over.

 

She got teary-eyed. Oh yeah, this is a good show.

 

Hanbyul: But…I thought you love me???

Dongwook: I can’t be with you, okay? Just go.

Hanbyul: ANIYO! I’ll stay with you! I’ve escaped from my father just to be with you! Please, Dongwook!

Dongwook: Go.

 

My brother took a step towards our house but just then, Hanbyul shouted.

 

Hanbyul: YAAAA!!!

 

My brother turned back at her.

 

Dongwook: What do you want?

Hanbyul: YOU!

 

Okay. I think my brother had it.

Dongwook: , HANBYUL! We can’t be together! Even though you stay here with me, your father will find every way to get you back every time! I can’t make you happy! I can’t give you the life you wanted! You’ll never be happy with me! Now, any more questions????

 

Tears ran down to her face. What a pity.

 

Hanbyul: So…you don’t love me anymore?

 

I can say my brother’s really about to cry now.

 

Dongwook: I love you, Hanbyul. I always have. I love you too much that I’m letting you go. Now, please don’t make this hard for me. Just….go.

 

Hanbyul wiped the tears on her face and rode on her car. She drove too fast that puddles near our house splashed. I looked on my brother and he just went inside, expressionless.

 

Dongwook: Lock the door when you go inside. I’ll be sleeping now.

TOP: Why didn’t you stop her?

Dongwook: Stop her from what?

TOP: From leaving. You could’ve fought for her.

Dongwook: I’ve told you, I can’t give her….

TOP: Now I know the answer to your question.

 

He looked back on me, confused.

 

TOP: You asked me why I still continue liking CL despite of all the unfortunate things happening to me. Right?

 

He didn’t answer. But I think he’s ready to listen.

 

TOP: Because love isn’t about giving every comfort or happiness. It’s about taking risks despite of the little percentage I have to her heart. I….I love her unconditionally. And I was wrong to fire you that question. I shouldn’t have said that.

Dongwook: It’s too late.

TOP: No. You’re wrong. You know what? You’re lucky. Because she likes you back. And here you are rejecting her because you’re worried about the future. What’s important is what’s happening now. As much as I dislike your relationship with her, I can’t take away the fact that you LOVE her. Now, if you let this opportunity pass…don’t tell me I didn’t warn you.

 

I went up to my room, hoping he wakes up from that blindness of his.

 

--------------

 

I thought of dedicating this whole chapter to Tabi! :DDD

Well, I've got to work on the other parts of the story too. 

But don't worry, more skydragon moments coming soon. ;)

 

<333