Chapter 17: My Tear's Betrayal

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 17: My Tear's Betrayal

 

(CL P.O.V)

Jiyong: NO!

Looking back, that , HongJun shot his gun towards me and I just widened my sight as I was shocked by what he was doing. I didn’t manage to get out of the way, because of all the shock conquering my insides…Just then…

*BOOM*

I closed my eyes and felt everyone went quiet. I was waiting for a bullet to actually strike at me but when I opened my eyes….I saw the most horrible thing happened to my best friend.

Blood went out of Jiyong’s back as I saw him covering up for me, face to face, shielding me from that gunshot. I gasped, seeing him going down weakly, losing his consciousness slowly while I heard HongJun and his minions planning to get out of the mart as possible as they can.

I didn’t bother them anymore as tears unconsciously went down to my cheeks. I JUST SAW JIYONG BLEEDING, and it’s all because of me. I hurriedly went down to check on him, trying to wake him up and making myself believe that he can still hear me.

CL: YA! YA! JIYONG-AH!

He gave no answer, but instead more blood came out from his mouth. Horrified, I looked at my recruits who were all shocked by what happened; even Giant didn’t even manage to move a step.

CL: WELL??? WHAT ARE YOU GUYS ING LOOKING AT?! CALL AN AMBULANCE!

 

All of them went outside and made their own ways on how to get an ambulance as soon as possible. I shifted my attention to Jiyong who was now completely unreachable and my tears went down like the in the stream.

 

CL: You, PUNK. YA! WAKE UP!

 

Giant went to us. He carried Jiyong’s body so easily and he managed to bring him outside.

 

TOP: We have to get him to the nearest hospital. Ambulance can’t wait.

 

I nodded at him and followed him as he ran all the way to the hospital. The people in the streets were all looking at us but I didn’t mind them as long as I know we can save Jiyong from this mess. I can’t help thinking this is my entire fault, why did he have to take the gunshot?! That was for me! AISH! Stupid Jiyong!

 

When we got there, nurses rushed at us and attended to Jiyong immediately. They told us to wait outside the emergency room and they will call us if they already have some news. As for me, I didn’t sit on the bench nor leave in front of the room…I just stood there, patiently and nervously waiting for some good news that he would be fine.

 

TOP: Ya, you should rest first.

CL: Aniyo.

 

Giant faced me and examined my face.

 

TOP: CL, you’ve got bruises!

CL: I always have.

TOP: You should go to the clinic, have ‘em cured.

CL: I’m fine.

 

He held my arm and forced me to do what he says.

 

TOP: C’mon, let’s…

CL: *unclasping from him* I SAID I’M FINE.

TOP: YA. You’ve got swells around your eyes, fresh wounds on your cheeks and blood all over your clothes. And believe me, you don’t look fine.

 

I looked at him, full of hatred. Not directly to him actually, but to myself. I just needed someone to blame, anyone except myself. But I can’t help concluding that ALL OF THIS is entirely my fault. I was the one who lit that ’s madness and because of it, I’ve put Jiyong’s life on the line. I got into many fights, yes, but I never got anything like this as a close encounter to death…and putting someone else’s life on the line…especially if it’s someone I’ve been living with all my life. Remembering the scene where Jiyong actually saved me, I can’t help but to kneel down and burst in tears. I felt like my heart is lysing and my conscience is crushing me inside. I’ve never felt this vulnerable before, except when…my mother left me….

 

TOP: CL! *helps me to get up*

CL: Go…

TOP: I’ll get you some water. Stay here.

 

Giant left me, still on the floor crying. I buried my face on my lap and I didn’t mind if someone here actually sees me. This would be my first betrayal to myself after how many years that I promised to never cry again. Crying is a cue of weakness, and I’ve never showed one for the past few years. I guess…this would be an exception. I can’t help thinking…that I might actually lose the only true friend I have….despite of all the bad things I’ve brought to his life.

 

All of a sudden, I felt someone embracing me with big arms. , that made me cry more but I didn’t mind. I’ve told you, I’ll make this as an exception. I was scared for mother ing sake, I needed this.

 

TOP: It’s alright. Everything’s going to be fine. *pats my back*

 

I didn’t answer. I don’t actually want Giant to get me wrong…or right. I wanted to keep this inside me; I just needed to cry it all out. I don’t want creeps staying in my system for like a long time.

 

------------

(TOP P.O.V)

 

I never saw CL cry like that. She never showed weakness, to be in general. But seeing her crying like a lost child, I can’t help but to feel sorry for her, to actually sympathize with anyone in my whole life. I patted her back, and luckily she’s not minding it. If I were a magician, I’d totally stop the time and let me just embrace her for a long time, giving her all the comfort that she needs. But I don’t want her to think I’m taking advantage of her, so I decided to help her up and make her fix herself.

 

TOP: You’d have to get up.  C’mon.

 

She got up slowly but still, no blabbering about me holding her. I made her sit down for a while and she just stared blankly with red swelling eyes. Poor girl. I knelt down, facing her, and I said….

 

TOP: It’s not your fault. If that’s what you’re thinking…it isn’t.

 

She looked at me, expressionless. That’s very odd because I still find her beautiful even in her emotionless state.

 

CL: How could you say that?

 

Focusing on her question, I got back to my senses…

 

TOP: It’s all HongJun’s fault. He’s the one to blame.

CL: But I made him angry. Serves me right…but not Jiyong.

TOP: He’s going to be fine.

 

Then she looked away. I can sense she has the urge to cry again but she didn’t. I guess she restrained herself this time. But thinking on how she’s reacting to Jiyong’s tragedy, I kind of felt jealous. She cares for him…but I still don’t know if she’ll do the same to me. Well, I can’t blame her. She practically lived with him ever since she was young. But still…I never saw her reacting like this. NOT TO ANY BOYS.

 

I went away, finding the pharmacy section of the hospital. I got supplies to cure CL’s wounds and bruises and went back immediately. Luckily, she’s still there sitting down expressionless.

 

I kneeled down to her and put some alcohol on the cotton ball, applying it to her wounds on her cheeks. She didn’t complain, and she just stared blankly continuously. As I was preparing the gauze for her other wounds, a nurse came out and CL stood up immediately.

 

CL: What happened??? Is he going to be fine???

Nurse: Are you his relative?

CL: Uhm…sort of? What happened now???

Nurse: He’s going to be fine. We successfully removed the bullet from his body. He’s going to be transferred in a private room. This way, please.

 

--------