Chapter 9: I Was Drunk But Not A Drunkard

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 9: I WAS DRUNK BUT NOT A DRUNKARD

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

I told Giant to meet me in our hide-out and take out some food. After Jinusean’s class, I never got the good vibes to attend my other classes so I just slept inside the janitor’s “keep-out” room. When I got out, it made my eyes sore when I saw Bom and Jiyong together and they were even hugging. What are they?? Love birds in a cage?! Yuck. Worsening my mood more, I decided to just go and spend the night in our hide-out.

 

Just in time, Giant opened the door with his hands full of food from the mart.

 

CL: What took you so long?

TOP: The mart has a long line. I had to sneak in and threaten customers. Sorry.

 

He laid the food down on the table and opened the hot ramen with its scent warming my insides.

 

TOP: Here. *offers me a soda* So…what’s up?

CL: What?

TOP: What’s with the sudden errand? Anything wrong?

CL: Nothing.

TOP: Ya, just tell me.

CL: I said, it’s nothing. *scrunching my eyebrows*

 

While scooping the ramen, Giant poked my cheeks with his chopsticks which made me surprised and annoyed at the same time.

 

CL: YA!

TOP: *smiles* you have to lessen your scrunching. It makes you look old. *chuckles*

CL: MWO?!

 

I stood up which made him stand up as well and back off from the table.

 

CL: Come here you fat-! ARGH!!!

 

I chased him around the place and he ran away from me as he can. When I saw how much he tried running that his bellies started shaking up and down, I stopped from my tracks and laughed my out.

 

TOP: Eo…why are you laughing??

CL: *laughs hysterically* You fat pig! *laughs again*

 

------

 

(TOP P.O.V)

 

I’ve never seen her laugh like this before. She was so out of her mind that she laughed and sat on the floor, still laughing like crazy. It was cute, I thought. Even though I don’t know what’s funny, her laugh was a bit contagious so I laughed too…but still confused.

 

CL: YOU . You’re making me insane. *laughs*

TOP: *fades laughing* What did I do???

CL: *tries to breathe* Y-y-your bellies! *laughs again* THEY’RE SHAKING!

TOP: *blushes* It did?! *looks at my fat stomach*

CL: You know what? If we were actually in a chase by gangs…I guess they’ll all end up laughing too.

TOP: Ya. *blushes more*

CL: *fades her laugh* Fine..fine. Just go get me my soda.

 

When I was about to go and get it, she stopped me.

 

CL: Ya. Go get me a soju instead.

TOP: What?

CL: You heard me. Buy me a soju.

TOP: Uhm…okay.

 

I went out, worrying that something really happened to her. She never drinks unless she feels annoyed or mad or…embarrassed? She always has a big ego, bigger than anyone else I’ve known. So I really try my best to just let her do things her own way so that I wouldn’t make her mad at me. It’s fine if she bullies me or humiliates me in front of our recruits…I can tolerate it. But…making her mad because of me? I couldn’t…take that. It pinches right through me.

 

As I was buying the soju, I’m still deep in my thoughts with Chaerin just on my mind. I remembered when I first saw her…she wasn’t like any girls I saw before who wore fancy clothes. She was wearing an over-sized shirt and baggy shorts with slippers, and from then on…she caught my eye. I’ve stalked her since then…That’s when I realized that she too, was abandoned. Well, I’ve still got my mom but she rarely talks to us. Despite that…I still love her so much.

 

I guess CL and mom both has a space in my heart…even though they never had one for me. I’ve always yearned for their love so I just tend to do everything so that they wouldn’t be upset to me. In that way, I know…they can be at least in good terms with me. At least…I still have them, partially.

 

I went back in our hide-out and gave the soju to CL. I’ve bought her two, which made her glad with what I’ve done. She started opening the bottle and drank it like water.

 

After a few minutes, she didn’t speak any word but I can sense she’s tipsy now. Just by with her actions and her hiccups.

 

TOP: Here. Drink this water.

CL: *drinks* Yaaaa. You know? It’s a good thing you’re around! *slaps me in the face* You’re so useful to me.

TOP: CL, you’re drunk.

CL: ANIYO! No. *smiles tipsily* Ya…Giant…

TOP: Ne?

CL: Help me tomorrow, araseo?? We’ll kick some butts!

TOP: Eh?

CL: *laughs* Those buttheads just laughed at me earlier! Can you believe that???

TOP: Why?

CL: That Jinusean embarrassed me in front of the class! How dare he…

 

Just then CL laid her head on my shoulders real hard. Surprised by what she did, I looked at her and realized she fell asleep. Jeez, TOP. Of course she fell asleep. Not as if she’ll lay her head on your shoulders on purpose. In your dreams, er. Sigh

 

TOP: Anything for you…my princess. *sighs deeply*

 

--------

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

Its 12 am already and CL’s still not here. I can’t go to bed and I’ve tried keeping my eyes shut but it’s no use. It’s like it’s been waiting for CL to show up and my eyes can finally go to sleep.

 

Psy: Master…are you not going to bed yet?

Jiyong: I’m waiting for CL.

Psy: Maybe she’s staying in somewhere else…you know her.

Jiyong: But she’ll tell me anyhow. *sighs annoyingly*

Psy: Master. It’s already late, and you have classes tomorrow.

Jiyong: I know…don’t worry about me. I’m fine.

Psy: But Master…

Jiyong: Hyung…just go.

Psy : *sighs* As you wish…

 

I’m not really hard-headed…but when it comes to CL, I tend to protect her from almost everything. It may look like I’m oversensitive, but I don’t really want people make me look like I don’t know her at all…like they know her like I do. I’ve known her since forever so I should know. And I know I can trust her…even though she’s acting different now.

 

Just then, someone knocked on the door. I got up quickly and opened our door. I saw TOP carrying CL on his back, while she was fast asleep.

TOP: She fell asleep.

Jiyong: Omo…is she okay?? What happened???

TOP: Nothing. She’s fine..but she drank. Make sure you make your maids take care of her.

Jiyong: You don’t have to say that. Give me CL.

TOP: *sighs* *gives her gently to my arms*

Jiyong: Thanks, TOP.

 

But he looked at me expressionless and went away. I closed the door and called our maid to let CL have a sponge bath. She might get hangovers tomorrow so; she gotta be getting the right treatments. When I already gave her to them and commanded them to take her gently to bed when they’re already finished, I went back to my room and slept the moment I lay down.

 

-------------