Chapter 13: Hiatus Mode

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 13: HIATUS MODE

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

CL is funny. SHE NEVER ACTED THAT WAY. I don’t know but I have a funny feeling that she’s been trying to get my attention all along. Playing with her, I just pretended not to bother her and went on with my reading.

 

“Be an authority, never act as anyone’s prey. In that way you could steer others to believe every word you say and every act you do.”

 

And I guess every word really does work out. I’ve got creeps when I actually get successful in doing the book’s suggestions to CL. It was like, she’s treating me differently now. And it’s only been just a day! Now this is what you call LIFE.

 

During our break time, I didn’t give her any allowance. So…I’m kind of expecting she would end up asking me. I guess?

 

I was sitting with Bom in the canteen when I saw CL coming towards us.

 

CL: YA. *asks for money with her hands*

 

I got my wallet out and gave her money.

Jiyong: Go.

CL: Mwo?!

Jiyong: You had your money. Go, eat.

 

As I saw her making pissed faces, she walked back at us and I just focused on my food instead.

 

Bom: Ya, Jiyong-ah.

Jiyong: Ne?

Bom: Aren’t you being harsh to Cl-ssi?

 

I looked at her smiling but biting my lips.

 

Jiyong: aniyo. Believe me, she does worse.

Bom: Well..knowing she has a short temper…maybe you should be…a little careful?

Jiyong: Don’t worry, Bom-ah. I know what I’m doing. *smiles* Araseo?

 

She nodded.

 

Bom: Eo…that’s him…

 

I looked to where Bom is looking and found TOP with CL near the cashier.

 

Jiyong: Who?

Bom: That man…with CL-ssi.

Jiyong: You know TOP?

Bom: Oh..so he was TOP. Hmm.. He helped me to get home. I was lost yesterday.

Jiyong: Oh…jinjja? Wait…Why were you even lost? I thought you have a driver?

Bom: Well…I had to bring my clothes to the nearest laundry shop and rent a new uniform. I don’t want dad to know what happened so I just told my driver to go ahead. Hmm, he might overreact.

Jiyong: I see…well. I’m really sorry for what happened yesterday, Bom. Just please forgive her? *holds tight her right hand*

Bom: *blushes* Aish, Jiyong. I never got angry. It was okay, I swear.

 

Smiling back at her, I continued finishing my food and kept my useful book inside my bag.

 

-----------

(TOP P.O.V)

 

CL: He .

TOP: Who?

CL: Jiyong! He’s been acting ty.

TOP: How ty?

CL: He pisses me off by pretending to ignore me. Can you believe that?

TOP: Isn’t that what you wanted? I mean…for you to be tolerated as always by him???

 

We were sitting on a bench outside the canteen while I ate my rice cake. I looked at her really confused about what she said. She was pissed because Jiyong’s ignoring her? That’s really weird, knowing that what CL wanted was freedom from him and his overprotective ways.

CL jumped furiously and accidentally threw off my food,

 

CL: Aish. He’s pissing me. That’s it.

TOP: AIGOO! THAT WAS MY ONLY FOOD!

CL: Jeez, get over it Giant.

 

She rolled her eyes, giving up on the topic.

 

CL: Anyway, gather all recruits tonight. We have a meeting.

TOP: About what? *pouts as I look at my thrown food*

CL: We’ll be setting on a hiatus.

TOP: What? Why?

CL: Jiyong’s might be doing something fishy. Maybe he knew about the fact that I ALREADY GOT the storage place that’s why he’s acting like that. We must be quiet for some time.

TOP: Well…

CL: Araseo? 9 pm sharp.

 

She stood up, leaving me alone sitting on the bench. Just then, a girl sat beside me and offered me a sandwich. I looked at her and realized she was the girl I saw yesterday. The one who was lost.

 

Bom: Annyeong! Here, take this instead. *flashes her smile*

 

I looked at the food, with my stomach growling. JEEZ.

 

Bom: *giggles* Just take it. And by the way, I’m Park Bom. I’m also a friend of CL and Jiyong.

 

That’s why she looks familiar. I took the food shyly and bowed to her.

 

Bom: Well, I’ve got to go! Thanks again! *waves her hand*

 

Looking at her as she walks away, I thought of how she became friends with CL. I wondered how she managed to even please her. Well…if she’s as bad- as her, I can imagine…but being a nice girl and all? I think not. Pushing my thoughts away, I just ate the food she gave me and went on to my next class.

 

--------------