CHAPTER 38: I Can't Take Seeing Jiyong and Bom Together

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 38: I Can't Take Seeing Jiyong and Bom Together

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

After the snacks, Bom and CL went to the living room again for the second step in this day’s phase. Bom is now tutoring her basic prom dances commonly being played in the event. She wanted to make me as her demonstration partner but I declined the offer. I had to stay away from them for a while…I just don’t feel like watching anymore. I mean…after thinking about what CL said.

 

“CL: You kidding me? If it’s not for the prize, I won’t do this!”

 

I was on our terrace when Psy hyung interrupted my thoughts.

 

Psy: Master…Why are you here?

Jiyong: Oh…nothing.

Psy: CL-agassi has been doing a pretty good job.

Jiyong: Yeah…

Psy: Master…Is there something wrong?

 

I guess he knew me too much…especially when it comes to CL.

 

Jiyong: It’s…CL. Her…words were bothering me.

Psy: What exactly?

Jiyong: She said…she was only doing this for the prize I promised her.

Psy: Oh…and that hurt your ego?

Jiyong: It’s not about my ego, hyung…

Psy: Master…you’ve been working on this plan for a long time now. You can’t possibly be bothered by little things.

Jiyong: But…see this hyung. Every girl in our school has now changed their perspective of me. While her? Nothing!

Psy: *laughs* Master…you must be forgetting our goal here.

Jiyong: What do you mean?

Psy: It’s not about them. It’s about her. We all knew she’s stubborn as ever…if you really wanted to win her heart, you’ll keep your eyes on the prize…which is her.

 

I sighed, thinking Psy hyung was right. I should not really give up now. I’ve gone a long way and went different procedures just to get her attention to me. I can’t GIVE UP ON HER NOW.

 

Psy: So…what’s your prize for her anyway?

Jiyong: Well…it’s a secret. *I smiled, thinking about it*

Psy: Kyaaaa…our master’s been secretive huh? Good job, master!

 

He patted me on the shoulder and left me. Maybe I should really stop thinking about CL’s rude actions towards me. At least she’s paying attention to me now than before….

 

After a few hours and the sun is about set, they have finished their tutorials and Bom bid her goodbye. Of course, she hugged me before leaving which leaves me very awkward, especially when CL’s just around looking at us. When her car left, I saw CL going up to her room.

 

Jiyong: Ya!

 

She looked back.

 

Jiyong: We’ve got somewhere to go tomorrow.

CL: Can’t you postpone it for a while? My heels are all sore.

Jiyong: Aniyo. It can’t be. Our prom’s going to be next week already.

CL: Ugh. Fine. *tries to go back upstairs*

Jiyong: Ya! And finish your speech now. Araseo?

 

She looked at me, rolling her eyes and went off. I was left there smiling, thinking that her rudeness starts to attract me though.

 

-----------------------

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

I went inside my room and locked my door. Well, in case Jiyong tries to open up again with me murmuring about him. Jeez. I tried finding the paper with my speech on it. When I found it and start reading it, I realized…

 

CL: Jeez. I sound like a total .

 

I’m not kidding. I’ve written like a total here. I wrote nothing but insults and annoying things about this prom. If Jiyong would see this, he’d totally freak out. There’s this sentence here saying,

 

“Nice try es, but I’ll never like this prom as much as you wanted me to”

 

 Jeez. I crumpled the paper and threw it in my trash can. I stood up to get another sheet of paper and started working on my actual and sincere speech. I’ve cleared my mind as possible as I can while I think of a nice introductory…As thoughts were rushing on to me, I wrote them all down.

 

“High school prom was never in my life’s plan. I took it as a burden and a gay show one must attend for nothing but a show-off party. I’ve practically lived my life having this kind of perspective, not until when certain people made me realize what I’m missing…”

 

Just then, my phone rang.

 

CL: Hello?

TOP: Ya, CL.

CL: Omo! Giant! It’s been a long time!

TOP: I know…uhm, can you meet me tomorrow?

CL: Why?

TOP: I have to give you something.

CL: Can’t you bring that here?

TOP: Ani…I have to give this to you personally.

CL: Oh…but I have somewhere to go tomorrow.

TOP: All day?

CL: Well…I think we can meet in the evening…

TOP: Great. See you at the town’s park. 10 pm, araseo?

 

Then he hung up. That’s…odd. What’s with the sudden invitation? Totally clueless about giant’s motive, I just continued making my speech.

 

After a few hours, I’ve almost finished it. Well…compared to the other one I made before, this sounds much better. And I’m sure Jinusean would actually agree with me. But…I can’t really think of a good ending now…hmm, maybe I can leave this for a while. I’ve done pretty well for like just hours and I deserve a break. When I looked at the clock, I saw that it was 9 in the evening already. I yawned and I decided to grab some hot chocolate before hitting the sheets.

 

I went out of my room and I saw that the whole mansion was out of lights. Maybe they all decided to sleep early. Well, I can’t blame them actually. Serving a demanding master and working at a really huge house, they should have every reason to be tired every time. Good thing I brought along my phone and I used it as my light downstairs.

 

The wind blew from the window which gave me chills. Jeez, activating my goose bumps, I just ignored it and went on to finding the switch. Now…where could that little switch could be.

 

Just then the lights opened, and it made me screamed.

 

CL: AHHH!!!

 

Because of shock and fright, I closed my eyes and covered my head with my hands as fast as I can. Dang, I really hate this kind of situations!

 

Jiyong: Ya, it’s just me!

 

I looked at Jiyong, glared and rushed towards him.

 

CL: YA! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!

Jiyong: Wae??? I opened the lights for you. Jeez.

CL: You scared me to death, you…!

 

I tried to spank him but he stopped me by holding my wrist.

 

Jiyong: Ya. Why are you still up?

 

Blushing, I immediately took away his grasp unto me and I looked away.

 

CL: Uhm…I just wanted to have some hot choco.

 

He smiled at me and dragged me to the kitchen.

 

When I was about to make my own hot choco, he insisted on making me sit down for he said he’ll do the rest. Without any choice, I just let him do his own thing while I just waited for him to finish. Well, as far as I can remember making a hot choco is just like seconds away…but really, why do I feel like he’s taking forever? Or…is it just me? I’ve been actually watching him all along and the way he moved seemed like in a slow motion to me. Shaking off this cheesy feeling, he was then finished and he gave my cup of hot choco to me.

 

As I was going to sip my share, he stopped me and told me we should drink in the terrace. Right. Following his lead, I carefully held my cup tight full of hot choco, until we finally reached their chilly terrace. Dang, sure is cold here. We placed our cups on the terrace itself and I saw Jiyong looking out in the horizon. Not wanting to disturb him, I just sipped in my hot choco which warmed my body feels.

 

Jiyong: CL.

CL: Hmm?

Jiyong: Can I ask you something?

 

I put down my cup and my heartbeat went faster. You know those sentences that give you this exciting feeling? That is one of those. Seriously.

 

CL: Shoot it.

 

Without looking at me, he spoke.

 

Jiyong: Have you ever liked someone before?

 

Widening my eyes at him, I gulped down. As much as I wanted to say that I do like him now…I just can’t confess to him right now.

 

CL: Erm…why ask?

Jiyong: Have you experienced being head over heels with someone before?

 

Believe me, that’s what exactly I feel right now to you.

 

Jiyong: Have you ever tried doing everything just to get that person’s attention?

 

Even if I’m doing the most idiotic things, I don’t mind.

 

Jiyong: Have you ever felt like giving up, but seeing that person smile can change your mind?

 

If your smile would be the only thing I get to see each day, I don’t need to ask for more.

 

Tired of answering him in the back of my mind, I tried to speak my mind up…

 

CL: Jiyong, I…

Jiyong: Because I feel the exact way.

 

Wait. WHAT?! HE DOES???

 

CL: You d-d-do?

 

He nodded.

 

CL: To…whom?

 

I didn’t mean what I asked him. I knew he would answer that it was Bom, but I was so eager to know anyway. Even though I’m feeling like I’m going to crash to pieces now, I’m still waiting for his answer. Even though I knew that this would be the end of my feelings for him…I still wanted to know.

 

Jiyong: To…well, actually…I…

 

He looked at me…and I felt the urge to shed a tear.

 

I can’t do this, I thought.

 

I looked away and I rubbed my eyes to actually pretend I’m sleepy…and to wipe my tears secretly as well.

 

CL: You know what…why don’t you share your little secret to me tomorrow okay? I’m…a bit too sleepy, Jiyong.

 

Without asking his permission, I walked away from him as possible as I can. I knew I was some kind of selfish but I can’t take seeing him happy with her. Not now. I just liked him…and I can’t lose him that fast….I went up straight to my room and went to bed, trying to shake off my tears from falling.

 

------------------------