CHAPTER 41: I Have a Prom Partner

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 41: I Have a Prom Partner

(Jiyong P.O.V)

That was not CL’s prom dress. The pink dress I gave her? That’s only my excuse for her not to get so furious about me being late. Well, it turned out…really great on her that I too, was too taken aback by it. It suited her fine! The truth is, I was in the mall half an hour before I turned up to them. I got no trouble in commuting through the bus to the mall but I had to check out this boutique of dresses. I saw this sparkly pretty dress from the outside and I’ve never been entirely sure about anything before. I told myself, “this will suit CL very fine”, so without doubts, I purchased it and gave it to Psy hyung for him to hide in the car while CL was trying on the pink dress.

                                                                

 

Good thing CL did not protest anymore when I said that she should keep wearing the pink dress I picked for her. I don’t know but she’s pretty nice these days…maybe my anger management was really an effective plan and my punishments were good reasons for her to be motivated. After trying on dresses, we then looked for decent shoes, and by shoes I meant high heels that would suit her fine too. We did not really experience having a hard time for CL was not that picky. Whenever I suggest designs to her, she just tried to wear it and nod for approval, as long as she feels comfortable with it. I insisted in buying her two pairs of shoes, since I have my reserve dress for her and with the dress she wears now. So basically, I bought her pink pumps and a natural-beige color sparkly heels that would really fit in with the dress I picked for her.

After grabbing dinner at the mall, I told Psy hyung to go ahead with the car. He protested but I tried my best to convey to him the message that I would need a quality time with CL tonight. When he got what I meant, he hurriedly went off leaving me and CL together at the street just outside the mall.

CL: Ya. Why did you let Psy hyung off??? It’s freezing out here!

 

Ignoring her question, I just looked at her. She’s just perfect beneath a street light’s lamp. The light surely makes her face glow and of course, my heart thump like crazy.

 

CL: YA!

Jiyong: Oh…erm. Here. *gives her my jacket*

CL: Uhm…no. Keep that.

Jiyong: Aniyo, wear it!

 

I forced her in wearing my jacket not only because I know she’s freezing cold but also, I’m afraid others might keep their eyes on her, with her wearing only a cocktail dress. She had no choice but to wear it and it made her scratch the back of her neck.

 

CL: We should…uhm, take the bus now.

Jiyong: What? Oh…yeah. C’mon.

 

I agreed to her suggestion and we rode a bus. When I saw that mostly men invaded the bus, I grabbed CL’s wrist and dragged her to a seat where two people can occupy. She seemed taken aback but I just made her sit beside the window without explaining. I sat beside her and I felt she’s still looking at me, totally confused with my actions.

 

CL: Ya. What’s with the…

Jiyong: I’m not letting anyone touch you.

CL: Mwo?

 

I leaned closer to her and made sure she’s not going anywhere….

 

--------------

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

CL: YA!

 

Then, he laughed.

 

Jiyong: I was just bugging you.

CL: AISH!

 

I showed how annoyed I am to him and he just laughed as a response. Seriously, if it wasn’t for the fact that I like this guy right here…I’ll totally break his jaw now. Just then, I remembered something.

 

CL: Ya.

Jiyong: What?

CL: Aren’t you going to say sorry?

Jiyong: For what?

CL: For ditching Psy oppa and I, of course!

Jiyong: Ohh…I didn’t mean to. I swear…

CL: Uhuh, and you were with Bom. Don’t tell me you didn’t mean staying with her???

 

When he was about to argue with what I just said, he stopped himself. Then he smirked.

 

Jiyong: Yaaaa, you don’t sound jealous now…do you?

CL: WHAT?! Heck no.

Jiyong: You were jealous because I was with Bom than you…right??? *with a teasing tone*

CL: A-aniyo! YA!

 

Then I heard his laugh again. UGH. How I hate him pissing me off with his teases and everything. He just knows how to ridicule me, does he? Totally trying to keep my attention away from him, I just looked outside beyond the window and tried to distract myself. After a few minutes, the bus stopped and Jiyong grabbed me by my wrist again.

 

Jiyong: Kaja.

CL: But we’re not home yet!

Jiyong: C’mon now!

 

He dragged me out of the bus without explaining more and I just managed to follow him along. He ran away with my wrist locked in his hand until we finally reached the town’s park. That’s odd…why do I feel like I needed to do something? Well…whatever that is, I’m sure it can wait.

 

He led me to this bench and made me sit while we both breathe hard from that running. Kyaaaa, I’ve never felt anything better than running with him. I don’t care how long or how far, as long as I know I’m with him and he’s with me…I’ve always felt right. He sat beside me and I just smiled as we both looked at the big moon tonight.

 

CL: Ya, what are we doing here?

 

He looked at me and melted me with his smile plus his ever-adorable eye smile. Sigh

 

Jiyong: I’ll…tell you something.

CL: What?

 

He seemed tense and was about to say something but he hesitated and looked away.

 

Jiyong: Maybe later.

CL: Jeez. You brought me all the way here just to…

Jiyong: YA! Will you shut up?

CL: Wha…Did you just tell me to shut up???

Jiyong: Didn’t you hear me?

CL: Aigooo! You do have the guts now, do you?

 

As usual, he laughed as his response. As I watch him have his good laugh, I just smiled knowing he still have that goofy self of him who’s the type of guy who easily cracks up in anything. Even though he now has that different hairstyle, distracting contact lens and more flawless skin… the old Jiyong I knew never changed at all and that makes me relieved. Not realizing that I’m staring at him for a time now, I shook off my thoughts of him and looked away, blushing.

 

CL: Ya. This is taking forever, what are you gonna say?

Jiyong: Well…it’s about your last phase.

CL: What? We’ll do it now?? Jeez, Jiyong I’m too…

Jiyong: Aniyo. Don’t worry…this isn’t going to take long.

CL: Fine. *I pouted* So, what’s that fifth phase?

Jiyong: I…uhm…

 

Just then Jiyong stood up in front of me and looked down on me. At a second, I really imagined that he was going to kneel down and propose to me like what I see in those cheesy movies but no. Shaking off my delusional thoughts, I looked at him more intently now with a confused mind to why he’s there.

 

I gulped down.

 

CL: W-what?

 

He leaned down to me, closer..

 

CL: Uhm…Jiyong…what are you…

 

He was about like four inches away from me and honestly, the butterflies in my stomach are growing wild now.

 

CL: Y-y-yaaa…

 

Then he stopped.

 

Jiyong: I think I’ll buy us some soda. *grins at me*

 

When he ran off, I almost wanted to throw him my heels. Seriously? Why does he have to lean close to me as always??? Is he some kind of teasing me? Rolling my eyes, I just controlled myself and sighed as I saw how the moon shines so bright at this very moment. When I looked at my watch, I saw that it was almost 10 pm. That’s weird…I really feel like I should do something right now…

 

OH CRAP.

 

I have to meet Giant right now! I started panicking to where we had to meet when I realized I was already in our meeting place. I am in the town’s park right now. Whew, that’s a reliever. I started walking around and I tried searching for him but I had no sight of a very huge guy right now. When I was about to go back to my seat, I saw him in front of me with his serious face.

 

CL: oh, !

TOP: Uhm…h-h-hi…CL…

CL: Jeez, you scared me!

TOP: Erm…you scared me too.

CL: WHAT?

TOP: No, I meant…you surprised me…*showing his very confused face*

CL: What…oh…this? *referring to my new look*

 

I went back to reality, thinking that my appearance really changed now. No wonder Giant looked like he’s seen a ghost. Well, rather than being offended, I accepted it just fine. With my heels wobbling and my knees freezing, I turned my attention to giant and saw him still bewitched by what he’s seeing.

 

------------

 

(TOP P.O.V)

 

She was the bomb! No, correct that….she’s a nuclear bomb! She has this stronger effect than the Hiroshima bombing! No joke, she’s really transformed into someone I never expected my whole entire life. She’s wearing this PINK COCKTAIL DRESS and high heels. I said that right, right? I mean, I never really imagined that she will even wear those. She also has this thick eyeliner which accentuated her eyes more and a very light make-up on her face.

 

I’ve got so many questions in my mind to why she’s transformed… but my tongue betrayed me and made me look like a total idiot in front of her. She was just too way out of my league…she’s just so…

 

…Beautiful…

 

Noticing me staring at her, she snapped her fingers and shook my frozen expression.

 

TOP: I…I’m sorry. I was rude.

CL: Aniyo…I know, it’s a bit…different.

TOP: A bit?

CL: Fine. A LOT different. *chuckles*

 

After a few days of not seeing her, I’m now full just with her laugh. Trying to gather my guts up, I focused with my only goal tonight. I sighed, ready to speak up.

 

TOP: CL…

CL: Yeah?

TOP: There’s something…

 

I tried looking for my wallet in my pockets but I panicked so much that I can’t seem to find it. Worried that I might have left it at home, I twirled around myself trying too hard to find it in my back pockets. While I curse myself, CL interrupted me.

 

CL: Erm…I think it’s in your front pocket, giant.

TOP: .

 

Sweating like crazy now, I gave her a fake smile and took my wallet out. As I opened it, I saw the two tickets to prom just waiting for them to actually come out and meet its owner. Looking at CL again, who’s pretty confused with what I’m acting, I managed to pull myself together and finally finish this thing.

 

TOP: Uhm…Chaerin-ah…

CL: Giant, please don’t call me…

TOP: Will you be my prom partner?

 

As I said those words as quickly as I can, I nervously shut my eyes down as I was worried if she’s going to spank me or kick me instead. After seconds passed by, I tried peeking on her and I can say she’s totally taken aback to what I just said.

 

CL: Wha…what did you say?

TOP: Please don’t make me say it again.

CL: Did you just…did you just invite me to prom?!

TOP: Well…took me a long time to finally say this to you…so yeah.

 

I was looking down as I was responding to her. I can’t really manage to look at her straight in her eyes with that humiliation I just brought myself into. I don’t really know if she’s going to laugh at me…well, I guess it’s better than being hit.

 

TOP: Look, it’s okay if you don’t want to…

CL: Okay.

 

I looked up to her, totally mind-blown.

 

TOP: Wha…uhm, okay? Okay as in you don’t want to or okay as in…

CL: Stupid you. Okay, as in I’ll go with you.

 

Her words processed in my mind like in the slowest speed possible. I can’t really believe what I’m hearing right now. I’m sure I heard her wrong, but no. My senses are telling me that she’s answering my prayers…my life-long dream…

 

TOP: YOU’RE COMING WITH ME?!

CL: What? You don’t want to?

TOP: Are you kidding me?! Of course I’d like to! I mean, I just didn’t expect that you would say yes…

CL: Well…you’re the only person who invited me, so I guess it won’t hurt. Besides, other than Jiyong…Uhm, I mean because he’s my best friend right? I’ll probably go with you.

 

I grinned from ear to ear. She totally agreed to go with me! With so much happiness going on inside me, I jumped as I’ve never done before and I pulled down my arm, gesturing “I DID IT!”, which made CL crack up. Well, my bellies were actually flapping right now so I can’t blame her. I just don’t care about my love handles now, what’s important is…I’m going out with LEE CHAERIN, at…the…prom!

 

CL: Giant! *laughs* Your face is plumped like a tomato right now. *laughs again*

TOP: What? *holds my face consciously*

CL: You’re reddening like crazy! *laughs*

 

I can’t seem to do anything but to smile crazily right now. Who would even believe that CL would actually say yes to someone like me??? To someone she ignored all her life??? I feel like I’m the luckiest guy right now and with that, I hugged her with all my might without even asking for her permission. I lifted her as I hug her and she seemed surprised that she wasn’t able to move. When I brought her down, she was practically catching her breath.

 

CL: Whew! What the hell was that for???

TOP: I’m just happy! *I admitted, frankly*

CL: Look, no touchies okay? Jeez, I can’t breathe up there.

TOP: You mean…you’re not gonna hit me?

CL: What? *she giggles* Oh no…you should thank Jiyong.

 

Then my happy moments all melted down as I heard her saying the name of her best friend or shall I say, my potential rival.

 

TOP: Jiyong?

CL: Well…he kind of taught me things for the past few days.

TOP: And you followed him?

CL: Erm…yeah. It feels…cool though.

TOP: Jeez…You totally changed now, CL.

 

She smiled, looking down at the ground. I wonder why she seems to be so…sad when she said it was cool. Was there something up? Is she not telling me something? Totally curious with what she’s acting these days, I gathered all my guts to ask her what’s on my mind.

 

TOP: Is something wrong?

CL: Wha…aniyo.

TOP: You don’t seem…okay.

CL: I am…it’s just that, I’m tired.

TOP: Oh…I can take you home then!

CL: Uhm…no, it’s okay. I’m waiting for Jiyong.

TOP: Jiyong again?

CL: He just brought me a drink. You should go now, it’s late.

TOP: I should be the one telling you that.

CL: Pfft, c’mon giant. It’s as if you don’t know me.

 

Giving up, I just let her shoo me away while she wait for Jiyong. It was kind of hard seeing her waiting for him when she never did that once to him. She always sees him as the less-important one, and she doesn’t seem to mind that. But now, it seems that everything has changed. Not only she brags about him now, but also she’s waiting for him in the middle of the night. Even though I half-hearted left the place, I kind of half-hoped that she would stop me from leaving. Setting my hopes aside, I tried walking away from her as soon as I can, thinking that I should at least celebrate of her approval.

 

-------------------------