CHAPTER 42: TOP's Confession

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 42: TOP's Confession

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

My plans were all doing fine not until I went back to CL and saw her talking with TOP. I wanted to approach them and see for myself what’s happening there but my instincts told me that I should hide myself in the bushes and peek in through their conversation. As I was trying so hard to hear out every little detail they are talking about, I saw TOP holding up some kind of a tiny paper. I narrowed my eyes to see what’s that and saw that it was actually more than just a paper…it was a prom ticket.

 

My heart started racing when I felt like my feels were right. He was really going to invite her, I thought. I didn’t know that he was going to prom in the first place…if I would have known; I wouldn’t bring her here totally thinking that I could confess to her about my…feelings. When I overheard those horrible words of invitation, I felt like collapsing. My hopes were completely crushed when I heard CL said “okay” without even letting herself have some time to think about it. Trying not to listen anymore, I turned my back to their view, throwing the other soda I was supposed to give her.

 

When I sensed that TOP has already left, I peeked through to check it out and my senses were right. I carefully stepped out from the bushes and pretended I just got here at the park. When CL heard my footsteps coming, she showed her impatient face and crossed her arms like what my mother does when I was young.

 

CL: YA. What took you so long?

Jiyong: Uhm…the mart was out of stock. I had to go back. *I lied*

CL: Jeez. I’ve actually waited for the drink y’know.

Jiyong: Sorry…

CL: Ya, Giant was here like seconds ago.

Jiyong: Really?

CL: And guess what???

Jiyong: What? *Believe me, I know already*

 

She showed the ticket I saw earlier that TOP was giving her. My insides hurt like someone’s pinching my heart and it wants to bleed out. Totally ignoring my feelings, I just tried hard to fake a smile and congratulate her.

 

CL: I guess you don’t have to pretend that you’re my partner anymore…*kids around*

Jiyong: Oh…well, I think so too. *tries to agree*

CL: *smiles* I think he’s not that bad after all, don’t you think so?

Jiyong: ‘Course not. *Of course he is. I wanted to be your partner.*

CL: So…what are you gonna say now?

Jiyong: What? Oh…uhm, well….

 

I recalled about my plan and I felt more saddened as ever. I was supposed to do the last phase of my challenges for her and that involved my confession. I thought that finally, I got the chance to actually tell her everything that I’ve been feeling for almost since forever for her. To tell her the truth which is, I’ve liked her as a sister, as a friend and now, more than a best friend. But everything was ruined with that one ticket I see right now. My confidence dropped low and I was really discouraged to do any move with her tonight. Sighing deeply, I just thought of an excuse to her.

 

Jiyong: I think we got tons of time the next days….

CL: But you said…

Jiyong: I’m tired CL, let’s just go back home.

 

Not meaning everything I said, I turned my back on her leading the way out of this horrible place.

 

--------------

 

Few days passed and my life was not as what I planned. Prom is just one week away and our teachers were all pressuring us with the event. Our cotillion dance practices were getting hectic than ever that we barely attend our classes. Bom, who is my partner, never fails to annoy me more with her sticking with me up to the point that I just can’t take her around me anymore. As for CL and TOP, who are partners on the other hand, seems enjoying themselves while I die here with bitterness and jealousy. Seriously, could my life worse than this?

 

It was our break time, so I decided to just sit in the corner of the room, laying my head down to relieve myself from that dancing. Ballroom dances were never my thing, but Bom insisted we do better so that we could be in the front row. Totally ignoring her suggestion, I just danced as uninterested as I can but she never learned to even feel what I feel. Sighing deep down here, I feel like collapsing. I want to see CL, but she hurriedly went to Professor Sean for her to practice her speech. She finished it yesterday without letting me see it. She said she wanted it as a surprise.

 

TOP: Ya, Jiyong.

 

I looked up and saw TOP, offering me a soda. I stared at it for like a second and finally decided to grab the drink. He stepped to my side and took his seat beside me.

 

TOP: Gwenchana?

 

I nodded.

 

TOP: I can see that girl is giving you a hard time. *points to Bom, who’s now practicing the dances with Yoona and her group*

Jiyong: *sigh* It’s worse than that.

 

TOP smirked.

 

TOP: As I can see it, she’s pretty stubborn.

Jiyong: Not as stubborn as CL. *I said, with humor intended*

TOP: But you like her still, right?

Jiyong: More than you never know.

 

I widened my eyes as I slipped with TOP’s question. I looked at him, totally scared that he just might know my big secret. But…how did he know??? Totally confused and shocked at the same time, I was left staring at him like I’ve seen a ghost.

 

Then he looked away, ignoring my surprised face.

 

TOP: Well, you think I didn’t know?

Jiyong: But…how? Since when did you know?

TOP: Just last night.

 

I looked at him now more intently, hungry for more answers.

 

TOP: I saw you last night hiding in the bushes after I left CL there. She said you were gone to buy some soda but I saw you threw the other away. Thinking that you got disappointed when you heard me invite her, that’s when I confirmed that you do like her…

Jiyong: Confirmed?? You mean…

 

TOP: Jiyong, I’m a man like you. It’s pretty obvious that you like her even before.

 

Then he started looking away, reddening like hell.

 

Jiyong: I…uhm…well……*sighs deeply* Fine. I like her.

TOP: I thought so.

Jiyong: The truth is, I don’t want you partnering her. It just hurts me seeing you two together. Nothing personal, TOP.

TOP: *smiles* I understand.

Jiyong: You do?

TOP: Well, looks like you are my rival.

Jiyong: What?

 

He stood up from his seat and faced me.

 

TOP: Just so you know, I like her too.

 

As I was shocked and left deaf to what TOP said, the school bell rang with our dance teacher shouting that our break is over.

 

------------------------

 

(TOP P.O.V)

 

I left early in our dance practice for CL can’t attend the afternoon session. She had to go to Professor Sean and practice for her speech and it seems like she’ll be hanging around there until later. On a second of thinking, I decided to just go home and sleep for my body is really aching from that dancing. You see, my body’s not meant for dancing and never will be. I can dance, but not to the point that it will be my genre. But then, I guess certain circumstances will have to yield for it. 

 

I made my way to the canteen to check out some worthy snacks, when something hit my head.

 

TOP: OW! What the…

Minji: YA!

 

I turned around just to see Minji glaring at me while crossing her arms. Confused to why she hit me, I rushed towards her which basically didn’t even creep her out.

 

TOP: Ya. Why’d you do that???

Minji: And you still have the guts to think about food?!

TOP: What??? Ohh…jeez! What does that even have to do with you???

Minji: Punk!

 

She handed me this brown paper bag and I looked at her, puzzled.

 

TOP: What’s this?

Minji: Open it.

 

I impatiently opened the paper bag and saw a plastic with something soft inside. Removing the plastic, I saw a perfectly folded tux with a black ribbon on it. As I started unfolding it, I saw this huge elegant black tux with a white polo inside. I can feel my insides sparked like I can totally imagine myself wearing this thing. But then, my thoughts switched back to reality. That’s odd. I don’t remember having a tux like this. The worse thing is…I’ve never even touched something like this until now.

 

 

TOP: But…w-w-where did you get this???

Minji: Surprised, huh?

TOP: Ya. HAVE YOU STOLEN THIS?!

Minji: MWO?! Aniyo!

TOP: Then, what???

Minji: I borrowed that from the laundry shop. Happens every time, don’t worry.

TOP: Borrowed?! Is that even possible???

Minji: Look, just say thank you. By the way, I saw your partner and she’s quite tough-looking but…still pretty.

TOP: Y-you saw her already?

 

She nodded. I gulped down and the thought that they’re real sisters still freaks me out.

 

Minji: Why?

TOP: Uhm… nothing. Ya, why aren’t you going home yet? *Trying to change the topic*

Minji: I had to find you. Good thing my instincts were right and you’re here.

TOP: jeez. *blushes from embarrassment*

Minji: Oh, I almost forgot! You should not eat more or else the tux might not suit you anymore.

TOP: Are you saying that I shouldn’t eat at all???

Minji: You’re pretty smart, aren’t you? *laughs*

 

While I watch her laugh at me which didn’t even bug me at all, I saw a woman who suddenly grabbed Minji by her wrist and started dragging her towards her way. Dilating my eyes with confusion and annoyance, I stopped the woman and grabbed her by her shoulder. She looked at me and I knew that she was not just any other woman.

 

Eun ji : GET AWAY!

Minji: Mother! Let…go of me! Mother! *groans in pain*

TOP: Ma’am, please…let’s talk this out.

Eun Ji: Don’t in to other’s business, young man!

 

She continued grabbing Minji and I can’t help but to be angrier at her mom. She’s just too much. By the looks of it, I think she’s drunk again. Not being able to control my temper, I rushed towards them and tried with all my might to actually take off the grasp of Minji’s mom to her. Totally taken aback to what I did, her mother glared at me like she’s going to eat me.

 

Eun Ji: HOW DARE YOU!?

TOP: Ma’am, you’re getting way too much.

Eun Ji: And who told you, you can do such a thing to me!? And you! *points at Minji*

Minji: Omma, *starts to get teary-eyed* please. Just go home.

Eun Ji: ANIYO! YOU ARE SUCH A ! HOW CAN YOU LEAVE ME JUST TO FLIRT WITH THIS FAT BOY?! YOU REALLY HAVE GONE MAD, HAVE YOU?!

Minji: Omma, we are not together! Omma, please. Stop this already!

Eun Ji: Since when have you learned to disrespect me, huh?! You and your sister are so alike! YOU ARE BOTH PAIN IN THE !!!

 

I can see Minji starting to shed tears now. I really think that when it comes to her sister, she’s pretty weak and she can’t do about her mother’s insults to her sister. Knowing that her sister is actually CL, I can’t help but to be furious to what this woman is saying. She’s the one who’s pain in the . How could she even say that when she never knew her own daughter? If she had thrown her away like a stray dog?! Bursting my feelings, I gathered my guts to answer back to this woman.

 

TOP: I’m sorry ma’am, but I really think you are the pain in the here.

 

Minji and her mother locked their dilated eyes on me. Speechless, I took advantage of their silence.

 

TOP: How could you even bear to insult your own child each and every day? They did nothing but to actually bear your unbearable attitude, especially Minji. She never wanted to leave you but I insisted her to. I knew I had to make a move or this child right here will be forever under your cruel shadow. You were heartless, a woman who keeps blaming others for her own mistakes!

Minji: Ya, stop this! *almost whispering*

TOP: Aniyo. She has to get my point. She’s too much and I can’t bear her disgusting attitude anymore.

 

Still glaring at me, Minji’s mother walked slowly towards me and her face got nearer to just inches away from mine.

 

Eun Ji: And do you think you’re clever now, huh?

TOP: At least I have a heart unlike you.

 

She slapped me real hard and looked at me intently with her deadly eyes. Remembering about CL, she really does resemble her mother’s eyes. She could be lovely at it but can be very dangerous at the same time.

 

Minji: Mother!

Eun Ji: This guy right here won’t be able to get any approval. I hate his very presence.

Minji: Omma, I told you he’s not…!

Eun Ji: I don’t care. Go home, Minji. You’ve got lots of things to do. The house was a mess.

 

She again dragged Minji’s wrist and when they were about to leave…Just then, I thought of a brilliant idea.

 

TOP: Minji-ah!

 

Minji turned to me again, this time with very sad eyes.

 

TOP: Don’t go. I have found your sister.

 

-------------------------------