Chapter 33: Jiyong Jiyong Jiyong

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 33: Jiyong Jiyong Jiyong

 

(CL P.O.V)

I woke up the next day with the car already gone. Dang, Jiyong didn’t even wake me up again. That sneaky little guy can be pretty much teasing, I tell you. Hurrying up, I took a shower and dressed for school and I took Jiyong’s bicycle and went off.

 

When I got into the classroom, I saw that everyone was hurdling near my seat. Jinusean, who’s our professor right now, is nowhere to be seen. I guess he’s absent. But what’s with the commotion going on? Why are they getting all hyped up over there? Did something happen? To end my curiosity, I just went towards them, trying to take a view of whom or what’s in there.

 

When I took a peek, I saw that they were like praising a…guy? Maybe he’s a transferee. I’ve never seen him around school and in this classroom. Dang, I can’t even see his face clearly; I can just see his side view from here. Judging by the way I see it, he’s…very flawless. His skin is as smooth as Yoona’s who’s pretty much applying every mask she can find to her face. His hair has a good cut too, like those I always see in television shows. He’s definitely a transferee alright.

 

Just then I felt the urge to speak and let them get away from my seat. I wanted to sit now okay, I have been real tired from that bicycling all the way here.

 

CL: Will you guys get away from my chair?

 

Then they all went silent and looked back at me. Just then, that transferee guy went out from the hurdle and faced me.

 

Wait a minute…why do I feel like he’s familiar to me? Have I seen him before?

 

Guy: Hi, CL. *smiles*

 

Omo…that smile. That voice…Could it be..?? NO WAY.

 

CL: JIYONG?!

Jiyong: Present. *smiles again*

CL: But what…what the hell happened to your face?!

Bom: He’s a lot better now, CL-ssi! Look at him! All fixed up!

 

I scrunched my brows. Why on earth would he do this???

 

Jiyong came towards me and I took a step back. Dang, I can’t get used with his kind of face right now. So…distracting.

 

Jiyong: CL… *bows down to me* Will you be my prom partner?

 

Everyone squeaked like little pigs, teasing me with those blushing faces. What the hell is Jiyong playing at?! Why invite me? Not that I didn’t like it at all, but he has a partner already, right?! Is he playing tricks on me now?! Furious by what he’s acting, I felt the urge to do something that’s really gonna hurt him.

 

I slapped him in the face. Big time.

 

Everyone went silent and was shocked by what I did. Controlling my temper, I walked out from here and went straight all the way to the hallway.

 

Jiyong: CL! WAIT!

CL: WHAT?!

Jiyong: What’s that for????

 

I slapped him again, harder this time.

 

Jiyong: OW! What the hell is your problem???

CL: YOU! YOU’RE MY PROBLEM!

Jiyong: What??? Why??

CL: Why did you invite me in front of those people?! You already agreed with Bom right?! HOW DARE YOU PLAY TRICKS ON ME???!!! So what?! You think you can do pretty much everything you want because you…look different now?! !

 

 

Then he started to smile. Okay, that was not the response I’m expecting him to show. What the???

 

CL: What’s funny?!

Jiyong: You. *trying not to laugh*

CL: Damn you, what’s funny?!

Jiyong: Look, I’m not playing tricks on you. Everyone knows about my plan, so it’s cool.

CL: What plan???

Jiyong: I wanted to be your partner until the d-day. I told you, I’ll show you what you’re missing right? And I started with this. With me, helping you out to actually get ready for the prom.

CL: That’s your plan?

Jiyong: Well…yeah.

CL: You…uhm, fixed your face for…me?

Jiyong: Well…pretty much? A girl like you should have a deserving partner. So I thought of changing a bit.

 

Okay, that made me blush. But I hid it perfectly and punched him on his shoulder.

 

CL: Jeez. Next time, inform me okay? So I won’t hit you.

 

He laughed.

 

CL: So. What’s the next step?

 

He flashed his smile, biting his lower lip.

 

Jiyong: It’s time you feel how a boy treats his partner.

 

He dragged me outside school until we reached the rows of bicycles parked neatly in front of the guard’s house.

 

CL: Uhm…why are we…

Jiyong: A good partner has a lot of surprises.*winks at me*

 

He pulled the bicycle, the one with red streaks and a wire basket in front of the handles. When he got it out, he made its way to me and he flashed down his ever-flashy smile.

 

CL: Wow. A bicycle?? Totally surprised me. *sarcasm meant there*

Jiyong: You know, first thing you have to do is to get rid of your rudeness.

CL: Excuse me?

Jiyong: You’re pretty rude you know. And no boys would be able to stand that, well…except for me.

CL: Then they have to get used to it like you do.

Jiyong: Aigoo, that’s not possible.

CL: It is.

Jiyong: You’re pretty stubborn too.

CL: YA!

Jiyong: What? I’m telling the truth here.

CL: I won’t change for anybody.

Jiyong: Oh yeah? Well, take a good look around you then. Maybe you’ll be able to see people striving to change for the ones they care about.

 

I looked at him and caught him in his serious expression. When he actually noticed me staring at him, he looked away and switched his attention again to the bicycle.

 

Jiyong: Get on.

 

I tried to sit on the driver’s seat, but he stopped me from doing so.

 

Jiyong: Ya. You go at my back, I’ll drive.

CL: But I can….

Jiyong: You heard me, go.

 

He sat on the driver’s seat and left me with no choice. I settled on the back seat and when he attempted to start going, he halted and looked back at me.

 

Jiyong: YA.

CL: What???

Jiyong: Hold on.

CL: Mwo?

Jiyong: Hold unto me, you’ll fall off.

 

Not knowing what to do or where to hold on, I just grabbed his backpack and gestured that I’m ready to take off.

 

Jiyong: Jeez, can’t you hold tighter???

CL: *blushes* t-t-tighter?

Jiyong: Put your arms around my waist. That easy.

 

While he was waiting for me to actually do it, I took a deep breath and convinced myself that it’s just a back ride. Slowly, I put my arms around his and locked my hands with mine.

 

-----------------

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

As she put her arms around my waist, I can’t help but to smile. Well, this is a dream come true for me right? To be finally hugged by her, even though it’s not that sincere enough. As long as I can feel her arms around me, I feel perfectly fine…more than what I felt this morning when they started praising me with my new look.

 

Jiyong: Kaja?

CL: Step on it, er.

 

I smiled and I took off. Well, I am actually to bring her just in the near coffee shop and tell her more about my plan with her. Since the prom is nearly approaching, I think I should really start helping her out.

 

CL: Ya! Where are we going???

 

I didn’t answer her. I wanted to keep things in a surprise. I never felt so sure about things before. All I know is that I wanted to make her happy, to make her feel that she’s a lot special too, especially to me.

When we got there, I parked the bicycle outside and we both entered the shop.

 

CL: A coffee shop?

 

I pointed a table with two seats in it and I led her there. No one is actually here yet, maybe because it’s too early and students are actually having their classes yet. Since Professor Sean didn’t turn up today, I think this is a perfect time to actually spend time with CL. I ordered two chocolate lattes with CL’s approval. She hated coffee, but adored milk. So I think latte would do.

 

CL: So, what’s up?

 

I brought out my bag from my back and opened it. I took my small notebook and a pen and opened it, to reveal my plan to her.

 

CL: What’s…that?

Jiyong: A list.

CL: A list of what?

Jiyong: Your transformation. *smiles*

CL: So you think I’m an ugly duckling?

Jiyong: Heck no. You just need to be more…optimistic.

 

She raised her brows like she doesn’t get my point. To end her confusion, I read the first item on my list.

 

Jiyong: Step 1 – Anger Management.

CL: WHAT?!

Jiyong: See? You totally need one.

CL: Woah, er. What do you mean by…anger management?

Jiyong: I’ll simply control your anger, that’s all.

CL: Wait mister, you can’t teach me what to do.

Jiyong: I can’t really teach you. You just have to learn it.

CL: Why the heck do I even need that?! That’s way too personal.

Jiyong: A prom is an event of manners not rudeness. And you’re much filled with the latter.

 

I can tell she wanted to punch me now. But since we’re the only ones here, the crew basically have their eyes on us. So she can’t hurt me right now. Ha.