CHAPTER 34: TRY TO SPIT ON ME

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 34: TRY TO SPIT ON ME

 

CL: Fine. How will you do that then?

Jiyong: Simple, we’ll start with your cursing.

CL: What the f

Jiyong: Stop right there missy! Your cursing is way too much for anyone to handle. You’ll probably scare away prom-goers.

CL: They know me already. That’s how I roll.

Jiyong: And you think you’ll impress them with your bad, dirty words?

CL: I’m not pleasing everybody…

Jiyong: WELL, YOU ARE NOW.

 

I put power on my words and I can tell I shocked her. Woah, to tell you honestly I didn’t even mean that. It just came out naturally. Maybe I’m really determined to actually change her ways.

 

Then our orders came. CL drank her latte immediately and wiped with her wrist.

 

Jiyong: So, we’ll start today okay?

CL: Whatever.

Jiyong: CL, please. This is for your grade in Professor Sean’s class. Please…

 

Gritting her teeth and pulling down her bangs, she answered

 

CL: Fine. I will. Like you will even hear me curse all the time.

Jiyong: Don’t worry, I’ve got the whole school covered.

CL: WHAT?!

Jiyong: Uhuh, I pretty much announced to whomever got you cursing, would….

CL: What?

Jiyong: SPIT. ON. YOU.

 

She widened her eyes as I said those words, teasingly. Then she laughed.

 

CL: ARE YOU CRAZY?!

Jiyong: Nope. Old times, remember? *I smirked*

CL: You are one big fat…*laughs, then stops* Well, it’s not like they would have the guts to do that.

Jiyong: Got that fixed up too. I told them I’d give a prize for those who can actually spit on you.

CL: WHAT??? Jeez, you’re the worst!

Jiyong: That wouldn’t occur once you cooperate with me. No cursing for like 2 days with RIGHT MANNERS and conduct. Then you’ll be free from my conditions.

CL: 2 days??? But that’s too…

Jiyong: Once you got caught, a day would add up to your days of no cursing. Well?

CL: What if I overcome those 2 days??? Huh??

Jiyong: Then…you will have a prize.

CL: I will????

Jiyong: Yep. But that would be possible after you completed my 5 steps.

 

She looked at me with her dead cold stare. I could see she’s thinking about it very seriously.

 

CL: Fine. I accept your challenge. When do I start???

Jiyong: Now. *smirks*

 

-------------

 

(TOP P.O.V)

 

I’ve been searching for CL since forever. I looked for her in their classroom but she’s not there. It looks like their teacher is absent too; maybe she decided to go out for a walk. Well, I’ve really not seen her for like…how many days now. I’ve been missing her, to tell you honestly. Since she decided that we go on a hiatus, this would happen…I’ve got lesser reasons to actually see her in every day of my life. Sigh.

 

Giving up, I just went to the canteen and ordered ramen. I settled myself on the corner table and ate my food. After a while, a girl was in front of my face and I looked up to her.

 

Bom: Hi.

 

I stared at her like she’s mistaken me for somebody else.

 

Bom: Uhm…remember me?

 

I moved my head with a “no”.

 

Bom: Oh…well, I’m Jiyong’s friend remember?

 

Oh. Now I remember. The one he agreed to go to the prom with. It’s…her.

 

Bom: Can I sit down?

 

I nodded with a “yes.”

 

With her staring at me, I can’t actually touch my food so I franked her with why is she here with me.

 

Bom: Well…Have you seen CL?

TOP: No.

Bom: Jiyong?

TOP: No.

Bom: Did you see them together?

TOP: No.

Bom: Do you have anything to answer except for NO?

TOP: No.

 

She sighed and she stood up from her seat.

 

Bom: Well, nice chatting with you. Thanks. *tries to smile*

 

She left me with my ramen colder now and I continued back to the digging of my food. Seriously, why did she have to interfere my eating??? Like I care about where Jiyong is right now??? I care about CL, yes. But what’s with her asking him to me? Am I a lost and found area??? Jeez.

 

Just then I saw a girl near the canteen’s cashier, familiar to me…with full bangs, a little body and a very timid face.

 

It’s…Minji. Gong, Minji…

 

I stood up from my seat immediately and walked towards her. When I got to her, I grabbed her lightly by her arm and she looked at me, surprised.

 

Minji: eo…you again?

TOP: Let’s talk.

Minji: Let me go. Please.

TOP: I just need a second with you.

Minji: This is way too much for a second. Let me go.

TOP: But I…

Minji: I’ll shout if you won’t go away. Now, please.

 

She looked at me with fear and emotional restraints. I can say she’s totally controlling her emotions now that she’s about to cry. I did what she said and let go of her hand as I watched her walk away from me.

 

Not giving up, I grabbed her again this time out of the canteen.

 

Minji: YAAA!

 

I stopped just in front of the canteen door and didn’t even bother if we’re being watched or something.

 

TOP: Quiet!

Minji: WHAT DO YOU WANT???

TOP: I just wanted to help. That’s all.

Minji: Well, you’re not helping me!

TOP: WAE?! Will you just endure every bruise, every invalid scold???

Minji: I….

TOP: Don’t you think your mother is a bit too much?!

Minji: You don’t…!

TOP: Do you even think your sister will be happy to hear about your condition?!!

 

Then she stopped answering back, almost like I’ve revealed her most treasured secret.

 

Minji: H-h-how…did you know about my sister???

TOP: I…I just…

 

She rushed towards me and grabbed me by my collar. Since she’s a little too small, she tried hard reaching me by tip-toeing. Now that her face’s so close to mine, I can really tell she’s pissed as never before. That’s weird…I felt…something familiar…with her.

 

Minji: HOW DO YOU KNOW ABOUT MY SISTER???!!!

TOP: Woah, girl. Keep it down.

Minji: YAAA! ANSWER ME!!!

TOP: Look, I just heard something from your mother when I followed you home. Other than knowing you have a sister out there, I know nothing.

 

She looked at me, teary-eyed. I guess she was hoping that I knew something about her sister, hoping she can finally meet her long-lost sister. She unclasped my collar and I felt her weakened. She sat by the near bench and started to bow her head down. By the looks of it, I could see tears coming from her face.

 

I sat beside her and kept it quiet for a while. She was crying as silently as she can. Not bearing her crying anymore, I brought my small towel I have in my bag and offered it to her. She looked at me and I nodded. She gently took it from me and started wiping her face.

 

TOP: I…I’m sorry…

Minji: We were separated. *She said weakly*

 

I looked at her and it seems like she’s open to share about something from her past.

 

Minji: My mother didn’t like having children…especially my sister. She hated her as much as she hated her father. But my sister never hated her back rather, she understood her. Well…despite having different fathers, my sister and I…we were like best friends. She never wanted me away from her….

TOP: What happened?

Minji: One night…my mother brought us to this movie house. She said we’d have to wait for her just outside the movie house’s door and she’ll be back. My sister, who was very eager to watch the movie decided to line up to lessen waste of time. Just then…I saw my mom, about to ride a cab. I did what I wanted…I rushed to her and tried to stop her from leaving us….I tried my best to stop her.

TOP: Is that why you have that scar? *points to her big scar on her arm*

 

She nodded.

 

Minji: My mother was trying to get me off by closing the cab’s door while my arm’s in between. Just then, she saw that my sister saw what’s happening and decided to just drag me along with her, thinking that my sister would totally stop her from leaving. From then on, I never saw my sister anymore.

TOP: Haven’t you tried looking for her?

Minji: I always attempted to. But my mother warned me not to look for her or else she’ll kick me out. I had no relatives…I don’t know any family except for my mother. I had no choice.

TOP: But…your sister might have been looking for you.

Minji: She might have but I never knew. *controlling her tears*

TOP: Then what are you still doing with your mother???

Minji: I told you…I have nothing besides her.

TOP: I’m here.

 

Surprised by what I said, she looked at me confused.

 

Minji: Why do you want to help me? I’m a stranger for Pete’s sake.

TOP: To tell you the truth, I don’t know. I just had this feeling…well. Like you, my brother and I were abandoned too. I know the feeling of being hurt…by your own…mother.

Minji: I don’t think you’ve been even physically hurt.

 

By the looks of it, I think she’s pertaining to my shape. Well, I am too big to be hurt by anybody. Embarrassed, I blushed.

 

TOP: Jeez..*scratches my nape*

 

Then she smiled, but weakly.

 

TOP: Hey, I’m a friend. I’m sincere with my intentions of helping you out.

Minji: But…what about my mother? She’ll be alone by then.

TOP: Kid, I think she needs to be alone. To realize what she’s missing when you go out from her turf. I’m sure she’ll beg you to come back after some time. Well, when you’re free from her…I think you should look for your lost sister by then.

 

She went silent and I can say she’s thinking about my suggestion.

 

TOP: Uhm..if you ever change your mind, I’m just around here. Araseo?

 

I stood up and tried to walk away from that pitiful kid. Just then, she called me.

 

Minji: Ya!

 

I looked back.

 

Minji: Where will I stay then?

 

Glad with her decision, I smiled back at her.