CHAPTER 36: Talk About Pissed Saturday Mornings

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 36: Talk About Pissed Saturday Mornings

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

After our meals were all laid on our table, my tutorial with CL started. Well, I’m not really that an expert when it comes to fine dining but my parents used to take me to different formal restaurants like this. By then, I learned how to actually dine with full manners and I think I could help CL in improving hers.

 

CL: You’ve got to be kidding me.

 

I looked at her and I think she’s referring to those utensils laid on the table.

 

CL: Uhm, I’m Korean. Chopsticks are enough for me, really.

 

I giggled at her. She’s really cute when she’s acting dumb. But don’t tell her….she might punch me straight to my jaw. Jeez.

 

Jiyong: Well, we use these for fine…

CL: I know. I know. But seriously? Using these numerous spoons and forks at the same time would give anyone a heart attack.

Jiyong: Chill, CL. I got you.

 

I need to sound supportive here. Well, this is my plan remember? And I knew she can pretty much pull this off. She’s smart and gets things easily. Simple table manners will be like a gum for her to chew and spit out.

 

I tried explaining things to her as simple as I can. So there was like 3 forks, 3 spoons and one knife. I’ve told her that each utensil has its own use. Even though I can see her yawning once in a while, I tried getting her attention by snapping at her. She would nod when I emphasize things and I think that encouraged me to go further. When I finished, she just stared at me…with a half-open mouth.

 

Jiyong: So?

CL: One question.

Jiyong: Yeah?

 

She scratched the back of her neck and looked at me, with a very tired face.

 

CL: Can we eat now?

 

I gave her a smile and I nodded. Jeez, she can pretty make me happy with the little things she do. More or less, effortless as always.

 

I told her to eat with the right utensils and she did. She practically followed everything I told her to. She put the table napkin on her lap first and started on the soup, with of course the right utensils. What did I tell you? It’s as easy as a chewing gum for her. Feeling glad that she actually listened to me, I smiled all the way until we finished eating. I can say I’m pretty much satisfied with her today.

 

--------------

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

Eating in a fine dining style is such a headache. To tell you, I was trying my very best to actually apply whatever Jiyong has blabbered earlier. The food is making me drool but my hunger wasn’t that really relieved. It’s because of these stupid utensils that always confuse me. Honestly speaking, I just followed what Jiyong was doing. When he was about to get some soup, I used the same spoon with his too. But hey, I managed pretty well all the other stuff he taught me. Well, except for those 3 forks and spoons. Dang.

 

When we were done, I suggested we go out of the restaurant. I’m not really that comfortable when it comes to formal dining and stuff, it’s too way out of my league. Not even in my dreams, I imagined that I will use those shining utensils and pretty-curved glasses.

 

Jiyong: You did a pretty good job there.

CL: What? Oh…yeah. I think so.

Jiyong: We can go to the next phase then.

CL: THERE’S A NEXT PHASE?!!

Jiyong: I told you, they’re five.

CL: Crap. So what it’s about this time?

Jiyong: Walking.

CL: Excuse me?

Jiyong: Posture. In high heels.

CL: WOAH, there! You can’t make me…!

Jiyong: It’s the weekends tomorrow. And believe me, YOU’LL BE WALKING IN HIGH HEELS.

 

---------------

 

(TOP P.O.V)

 

Later in the evening, I’ve managed to bring Minji out for dinner. Well, we’ll just go to a mart nearby actually. I’ve promised her to buy some ramen for her and she was hella happy about it. When we got our ramen, we settled on the table facing the window and grabbed our simple dinner.

 

Minji: Thanks, TOP.

TOP: Call me Seunghyun.

Minji: What?

TOP: My real name’s Seunghyun. Not TOP. *I said, as I was cooling the noodles*

Minji: Oh..okay then.

 

We went silent for a while but surprisingly, she spoke.

 

Minji: Where’s your mother?

 

I stared at her as I was taken aback by her question.

 

TOP: Uhm…She left us. I’ve told you before right?

Minji: Oh…yeah. Don’t you see her every once in a while?

TOP: As much as I wanted to, I can’t.

Minji: Why?

TOP: She basically doesn’t want to let us know of her location. But she visits sometimes…

Minji: Must be hard on you not seeing your mom…

 

I looked at her and I think she was upset by what she said.

 

TOP: Do you miss your mom?

Minji: What? Oh…uhm. I’m just worried about her. She could be pretty reckless at times…and I’m not there anymore to help her out.

TOP: And you still care for her?

Minji: She’s my mom, Seunghyun. No one can take that away from me.

TOP: But she doesn’t care for you.

 

Okay. I think I was a bit too much there. Expecting her to hit me, she just smiled as a response.

 

Minji: Love has no conditions, Seunghyun. I can love my mom as much I want to. She was the only family I have for the past 10 years.

TOP: I…I’m sorry. I didn’t mean…

Minji: Aniyo. I get that a lot. It’s okay.

 

Just then, I thought of someone.  “Love has no conditions” Right. Someone I’ve been admiring without any conditions indeed.

 

Minji: Ya, are you okay?

TOP: What? Oh. Yeah.

Minji: Don’t worry, she’ll visit you soon. *smiles*

 

Totally mistaken by what I really feel now, I just let her pat me on the shoulders. She’s too nice to even fight with.

 

TOP: So? Uhm…have you decided in finding your sister?

Minji: Well…I wanted to find her. But…I don’t know where to begin with.

TOP: You said you were left by your mom in this town right?

Minji: Yeah.

TOP: Maybe she’s just here somewhere.

Minji: I’ve thought that a lot too. But…where could she be?

TOP: Wait…what’s the name of your sister?

 

She stopped scooping noodles and stared outside blankly. As she was trying to think, I grabbed the chance to actually finish my food without her looking or saying I’m a pig.

 

Then she spoke,

 

Minji: Chaerin…Lee Chaerin.

 

---------------

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

It was a Saturday morning and I was woken up by a loud banging on my door. Jeez. When I looked at my clock, I saw that it was just 7 in the morning. AND WE HAVE NO CLASSES. Who the hell dare to…

 

Just then someone opened my door that made me pull up my sheets towards my body.

 

CL: AHHHH!

 

It was Jiyong and he has my door’s key in his hands.

 

Jiyong: Rise and shine CL! We have things to do!

CL: HELLO?! Don’t you know the word, knock???

Jiyong: Well…don’t you know the word, WAKE UP?

CL: Can I do that after…for like 3 hours???

 

 I tried to cover up my whole body with my blanket but Jiyong impatiently uncovered me again. UGH! Talk about pissed Saturday mornings!

 

He left my room after he made me get out of bed and go shower. Seriously, if I hadn’t realized that I like him, I’ll totally punch his face right now. But since I had these feelings for him and he can melt me with his every smile…I can forgive him anytime…anywhere, which basically for me.

 

When I finished cleaning up, I looked myself in the mirror and thought that I totally look like . My hair’s all messy from that shower and I’m wearing this gangster size shirt. Seriously? What’s up with me?

 

CL: And you’re expecting he’ll like you back? *I murmured*

 

Just then, I saw Jiyong’s head on the door.

 

CL: OH CRAP!

Jiyong: What are you still doing there? C’mon!

CL: WILL YOU NOT REALLY KNOCK?!

Jiyong: Oh, sorry. *tries to close the door*

 

As I looked in the mirror one last time, I sighed thinking there’s nothing I can do with this face anymore. I went down and I saw Jiyong holding up a shoebox.

 

Jiyong: Here. Wear this. *hands me the pink pumps*

CL: Pink?

Jiyong: Why? It’s a girl’s color.

 

I hated pink, that’s for sure. I wanted to answer back but I gritted my teeth and halted myself.

 

Control yourself, CL. You like this guy, remember?

 

I tried to sit down and wear the pumps. While everyone is staring at me, I looked back at them and they all tried to look away. Rolling my eyes, I just let them go.

 

CL: What now?

Jiyong: Stand up.

 

And I did.

 

I looked at him, waiting for more commands but he stood up too and tried to go away.

 

CL: YA! Where are you going?

Jiyong: You’ll be standing up there for like…an hour. I’ll get back to you.

CL: WHAT?! YA!

 

He gestured all his maids to leave me here alone with these freaking heels. Dang, why does he have to be so cruel? HE KNEW I HATED THIS THING! And now…I can feel my knees trembling and my heels aching. Oh jeez, THIS WILL TOTALLY TAKE ME FOREVER.

 

Fine. If he wants to challenge me, then I’m not giving up. Ha, he thinks he can win over me huh? WELL, he has to think again. Because I’m not giving up on him…erm. I mean on this.

 

After several minutes had passed, I was still there standing. I swear, I wanted to sit down now and rest but my pride won’t let me to. It says I have to show him who’s boss here. I stood up straight one last time and believe me, my knees are really on its way to trembling down.

 

Sweat starts to trickle down my face, and I’m feeling dizzy already too. One more minute and I feel like I’m going to be down. I closed my eyes, and felt someone was hugging me.

 

--------------

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

Jiyong: CL!!!

 

I was watching her all along from the kitchen. When I saw that she was about to fall down, I ran quickly and managed to catch her from falling down.

 

Jiyong: Ya! Ya! *tries to wake her up*

Psy: Master…maybe she was feeling tired.

Jiyong: YA! CL!

 

Just then, she opened her eyes and looked at me weakly.

 

CL: I’m fine. You idiot.

Jiyong: Wha…Aish!

 

He gestured spanking me and I closed my one eye to that.

 

CL: YA!

 

I pulled his bangs teasingly and I laughed. Jeez, he’s cute when he’s hurt.

 

Jiyong: OW!

 

I continued laughing at him. Well, I’m not really laughing because I can see him hurt but rather this moment is too good for me that I ended up doing so.

 

Jiyong: So that makes you laugh huh?

 

I by laughing as a response. Just then, I felt Jiyong hands tickling my waist which made me crack up more.

 

CL: YA!!

Jiyong: take that you little…!

 

When we were laughing together, I just wanted the moment to be frozen. To actually stay right where we are…but then I heard Psy hyung clearing his throat.

 

Psy: Uhm…Master. The guest has arrived.

 

When I looked to who the guest was, I was more disappointed than ever. SHE basically ruined my morning.

 

Bom: Hey, guys!

Jiyong: Oh, Bom!

 

Bom greeted Jiyong with a hug. While I was feeling myself hot to what I’m seeing, Jiyong led Bom closer to me.

 

Jiyong: CL, I want you to meet your posture and dance teacher…Bom.

 

-----------------