CHAPTER 47: Where's CL?

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 47: Where's CL?

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

Psy: Master! Why are you soaking wet???

 

I went home after what I saw in the rooftop. I didn’t shed any tears; I controlled them from falling as hard as I can. I walked all the way home, thinking that my whole life crashed down on me and I don’t think I can be able to revive again. The scene was just an eye-sore that I didn’t even bother to approach them earlier. It hurts so much that my system isn’t in its proper condition right now.

 

Psy: Master!

Jiyong: I’m okay, hyung. I’ll just rest for now.

Psy: Rest??? No, master. We’ll prepare a hot bath for you!

Jiyong: I’m fine…

Psy: But master!

Jiyong: I SAID I’M FINE!

 

My voice was too loud that it startled Psy hyung and left him speechless. I got kind of guilty since he’s just concerned with me, but I don’t really think concern is what I wanted now. I wanted space…space from all the things that’s bothering me.

 

I walked with a cold aura towards my room and locked the door. My clothes were still dripping rain drops that it messed up my neat floor. I ignored them and I sat on my bed, still staring blankly. Just then my attention switched to my desk which has random picture frames on it. There I see the only decent photo I have with CL. It was when we went to an amusement park and they have this photo booth where you can take pictures. CL, of course didn’t like the idea but I insisted. I was actually grabbing her hands down for her to avoid putting it to cover her face. Then I poked her on her waist, where she has those tickles, and the camera was able to shot her beautiful smile.

 

I stared at it with a nostalgic feeling and thought of our condition before. I was so happy and contended back then. I didn’t care if she cared for me less, because I know whatever happens she’ll be always close to me and to my heart. But things are very different now. Maybe…if I just kept my feelings for her then it wouldn’t be this painful. I wouldn’t be trying so damn hard just to get her attention, I wouldn’t have to transform myself to a complete, different me and I wouldn’t be suffering this much right now. My efforts were paid back, yes. But in a negative way, and worse…it burned my heart to ashes.

 

I got up and took the photo, taking a good look at it. She was the only girl I have liked ever since I was young. The only girl who took my breath away when she smiles and the only girl who I loved despite of all the negative things people say. If I wasn’t that selfish…maybe, just maybe…it would hurt less to me if she likes another guy. But I knew where this is going…I knew I had to let her go and let her be free with the one she likes. I couldn’t bear being selfish this time around….

 

Jiyong: You’re not just for me…no matter how I try to…

 

I walked towards my bin; put our frame in it, with a tear finally running down to my cheek.

-----------------------

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

I held Minji’s hand to see if TOP’s telling the truth. I slowly tried getting to her right hand and grasped it as lightly as I can. I closed my eyes, and as I was touching her fragile hand, memories came back to me.

 

*Flashbacks*

 

I was patiently waiting for the line to advance. This will actually be the first time that I will watch a movie in a theater plus, I’m with my family, how great is that?! My mother went out for a while, I guess to buy us some food, and Minji just stayed on the corner. My mood was really up that I even hummed while on the line. I took a peek to the ticket’s price and wondered how much it would take three people to watch that movie.

 

Just then, people at the back of the line grunted and started chatting boisterously. I guess they’re all getting impatient already so I just ignored them. When I was getting nearer to the cashier, I turned back to check on my sister and found that she was not there anymore. I tried looking for her sideways but I can’t just find her still. I started panicking and got out of the line.

 

Then I heard the most alarming squeak and it was from my sister….

 

Minji: Omma!!! No! Please!!

EunJi: YA! Get away you hard-headed kid!!!

Minji: OMMA!!! Please don’t leave us!

 

I dilated my eyes and rushed towards the cab. My sister was actually trying to stop our mother from leaving. My mother on the other hand, tried to close the door on her. Just then, my mom saw me approaching and she panicked.

 

CL: OMMA!!!

 

She grabbed my sister inside the cab and she closed the door. The cab drove as fast as it can, leaving me far behind. I ran and tried to cope up with the cab but I knew I had no chances. Giving up, I breathed hard and I kneeled on the concrete. I felt the urge to cry as questions started rushing towards me.

 

Is she coming back??

 

Did I do something wrong?

 

When will she return to fetch me in this cold, cruel place?

 

…….

 

*End of Flashbacks*

 

-----------------------------------

 

After catching up with my sister, I felt like my depression was lifted. She was still the happy kid between us and that made me relieved. Knowing that she had a hard time with our mother I can’t do anything but to feel guilty. That somehow I am the one to blame for I didn’t do my best to finding them. If I just knew Minji’s having a hard time I should’ve quitted my gang activities and just focused on looking for her. I should’ve been a better sister to her.

 

I went home, promising I would come back and visit her tomorrow. It was already late evening and everyone seems to be resting now. As I opened up the gates, I went directly inside as I have my extra keys kept in my bag. I went up the stairs and used my phone to guide my way up.

 

Jiyong: Ya.

CL: Oh !

 

I was startled as Jiyong patted me on my shoulder and spoke.

 

CL: You scared me!

Jiyong: Did you just come home?

CL: Well, yeah…

Jiyong: Where did you…oh.

CL: Oh?

Jiyong: Nothing. I’ll go ahead.

 

As he passed by me, I stopped him and said…

 

CL: Jiyong-ah! I have a very good news!

 

Without looking back, he answered…

 

Jiyong: TOP-ssi…

 

….he can listen to you tomorrow.

 

------------------------------------

 

Days passed and the day of our prom came. The administration of our school has announced that we have no classes as they will give us the whole morning to prepare and dress up for the biggest event of the year. Yoona and her group, who basically planned the whole morning in a spa, took advantage of the time given to us. While I’m staying here at home, doing nothing but slouch in our sofa.

 

Psy: CL-agassi? Aren’t you preparing yet?

CL: What’s there to prepare?

 

Psy oppa came towards me and handed me this big blue box with a ribbon on top.

 

CL: What’s this?

Psy: It’s from your prince charming. *winks*

CL: Tss…I don’t have one.

Psy: See for yourself then.

 

I opened the box and the content blinded my sight. It was too sparkly that I had to get it out and see what exactly it is.

 

It was a dress.

 

CL: A dress?

Psy: Yes, for your prom.

CL: But I already have one…the pink one, remember?

Psy: Aniyo. Your prince charming doesn’t like you to wear that. He bought that for you on this very day.

CL: Who’s that prince you say, eh?

Psy: Well…he likes to keep his identity hidden.

CL: *murmurs* But…Jiyong gave me the pink one…

Psy: What?

CL: Oh…nothing.

 

The truth is, Jiyong was back to his weird phase again. He wasn’t talking to me again and he seemed pretty tired as always. Trying to ignore his actions, I just focused on my speech and that nerve-wrecking dance. Even though I actually cried for him the other day, I felt like nothing changed. My heart was hurt but it’s mending on its own. It was still me…me who likes Kwon Jiyong. Sigh.

 

Psy oppa insisted to giving me the best preparation he could find for me to be ready for the prom. He contacted the stylist again and left me with her hands. I was some kind of relieved that they’re helping me since I don’t really know how to even fix myself decently.

 

Jiyong, who was with Bom since this morning, didn’t come home and Psy oppa told me that he’ll be directly going to the venue. As my make-up was being done, someone squeaked from behind.

 

Minji: Unni!!!

CL: EO! Minji-ah!

 

I stood up from my seat and hugged her tight.

 

CL: Why are you here?

Minji: Well…I wanted to give you this.

 

She handed me this butterfly necklace and I stood there totally bedazzled by the accessory.

 

CL: It’s beautiful!

Minji: I want you to wear that in your prom later! *she said excitedly*

 

She took it from me and circled the necklace around my neck. She faced me again, looking on how it fits me.

 

Minji: Kyaaaa, it’s a perfect fit!

CL: Really?

Minji: Ne! *smiles*

 

I hugged her again as I was overwhelmed by her smile. How I missed her so much, I just wished she came early to me so that I won’t be alone at times like…what happened in the roof top. Spoiling our moment, the stylist called me and gestured we should continue her preps for me. Looking at the clock, I knew I still have the time in my hands.

 

---------------------------

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

It was 6 in the evening and our prom event has just started. Seniors and juniors are all dressed in all those fashionable, colourful and distinct dresses. Bom, who was wearing a hot pink long gown, sat on our table seats and was still looking at the mirror. Ignoring her, I kept looking around but I can’t seem to find CL just yet. Maybe she was just hit by traffic, I thought.

 

When I spotted TOP standing like a statue near the door, I walked towards him and greeted him.

 

TOP: Ya…have you seen CL?

Jiyong: Wait…you’re not picking her up?

TOP: She said she can handle herself just fine.

Jiyong: Have you tried calling her?

TOP: Several times.

 

I looked at my watch and saw that it was almost about to execute our dance. Panicking, I dialled CL’s number expecting a ringing tone would sound but instead, a voice spoke saying she’s unreachable.

 

-----------------------------------

 

(TOP P.O.V)

 

An hour later, and our dance was finished. CL was nowhere to be found and I’m the only one who sat all along because my partner’s not here yet. I know I shouldn’t be feeling embarrassed by little things like these but I do now. It’s just that, I can’t believe CL ditched me out here. If she didn’t want me as her partner she should’ve said so, so that I won’t be waiting here for nothing.

 

As the time for dinner came, everybody lined up properly to the buffet tables. Thinking CL will really not show up now, I stood up and tried to distract myself with these delicious food lined up in front of me. As I can see happy couples chit-chatting and giggling while waiting for their turn, I can’t help but to feel jealous. I should have been happy too but the night had other plans for me. Annoyed by them, I brushed them off my way so that I could advance in the line.

 

I took every meal possible to ease my depression. I didn’t care if people would lock their stares on me and look at me like I’m a pig. I just needed this kind of treatment, that’s all. Just then drinks were served. I didn’t get the iced tea they have prepared for the students but rather I sneaked in to this table of cocktails with alcohol content only for professors. I got one glass and shoved it all down to my throat. Refreshed, I grabbed another and another until my dizziness came in and invaded my system.

 

Then the disco dance started and they all partied up in the center. As I was not really in my right self, I made my way to the crowd and joined in their random dancing. People would be irritated by my presence for I was so big, I always hit them by my elbow or even my hips. But I don’t hella care. Just then, I saw Bom dancing herself without her nerdy partner. I looked around for Jiyong and spotted him just sitting on his seat while fidgeting with his phone. What a punk.

 

I approached Bom tipsily and danced with her. Her brows scrunched as she was confused of my random actions.

 

Bom: YA!

TOP: WAE?? You don’t have a partner right?? Me too! *I announced tipsily*

Bom: He’s actually here.

TOP: BUT NOT HERE, EH?

Bom: Get out.

 

I ignored her and continued dancing. She then pushed me away with all her might and I stumbled down the dance floor. Everyone gasped and I held my head as I felt it aching.

 

Seunghyun: TOP hyung!!!

 

The rascal came to my rescue and helped me get up. He excused me away from the crowd and made me sit.

 

Seunghyun: HYUNG! Why are you still here???

TOP: off, kid!

Seunghyun: Hyung!! We have to get out!

TOP: YA! If you won’t shut your mouth I’ll shut that for you! *still, tipsy*

Seunghyun: hyung!!! Wake up!!! *shakes me off*

 

Just then the nerdy guy came.

 

Jiyong: YA. What’s wrong with him???

Seunghyun: Uhm…I think he’s drunk.

Jiyong: I’ll get him home.

Seunghyun: NO!

Jiyong: Why???

Seunghyun: Well…uhm…

 

The kid’s phone rang and he got it from his pocket immediately. His eyes widened and gave it to me, nervously. Not in my proper senses, I brushed it away and buried my head on the table ready to doze off.

 

Seunghyun: HYUNGGG!!!

Jiyong: Ya. Who’s that??

Seunghyun: N-n-nothing…

Jiyong: Let me get that.

 

Jiyong answered the phone call for me and Seunghyun was shaking with nervousness now.

 

Jiyong: Hello???

Hongjun: You .

Jiyong: Hello?!

Hongjun: YA, TOP. If you think you can outwit me, I don’t think so. IF YOU WANT THIS ING GIRL

ALIVE, COME SEE ME NOW.

 

---------------------------------