CHAPTER 49: Don't Leave Me

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 49: Don't Leave Me

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

Minion1: BOSS! THE POLICE ARE HERE!

Hongjun: WHAT?! !

 

My insides were filled with hope as I heard those two idiots panicking with my wicked plot. I continued hiding and kept my ears alert with any more improvements from the inside. Just then, the door banged close again and I knew that was my queue. I peeked first to see if the coast is really clear for me to sneak out and my hunch was right. I stood up quickly and ran as careful as I can towards the door. I tried sticking my ears to hear what’s happening but then I found this small hole that I can easily peek into.

 

As I try too hard to see through, my vision has given me this blurry image of men hurdling inside. After a while, they revealed someone sitting on a chair.

 

I gasped.


It was CL, who’s actually tied up while she’s on her prom dress. Frustrated, I started to think quickly. I’m sure this is not the only door here. Trying to remember everything about this place, I closed my eyes and forced myself to think harder.

 

Jiyong: That’s it!

 

-----------------------------

(CL P.O.V)

 

Hongjun and his minions started panicking. Flickered with hope inside me, I kind of find it funny seeing them distracted and worried. After all, they’re pure idiots. I don’t know but something tells me…those are not the police. But of course, why would I tell them?

 

Hongjun hurdled with his minions and they settled an agreement on something with those nods and dilation of eyes. They all ran towards the periphery of the room and opened all the barrels possible. As I have figured out that they would actually put this place on fire, I too started panicking inside. Cold sweat started secreting out of my system and I started untying myself without worrying that they might see me.

 

As they have opened all the barrels and spilled its contents out, Hongjun’s minions went out through the back door while Hongjun made his way towards me.

 

Hongjun: I’m sorry, missy. But your time’s up.

 

Following my mad reflexes, I kicked his crotch hard and he yelled in pain. He stumbled down to that greasy and reeking fuel as he screams.

 

Hongjun: YOU, UGHHH!

CL: Serves you right, !

Hongjun: *groans in pain* You think you’ve won now, huh?!

 

He put his hand deep down his pocket and brought out a lighter.

 

CL: Ya…

Hongjun: Well maybe this…can make you earn some respect!

 

As he was going to light up the fuel, someone screamed my name.

 

Jiyong: CL-SSI!

 

I looked back and I’ve never felt relieved in my entire life. Hongjun, who was struck by Jiyong’s presence stood there, totally shocked.

 

Hongjun: YA! WHO ARE YOU?!

 

Jiyong ran all the way to us and I thought he had gone mad. As I was going to stop him from his foolishness, he rushed over Hongjun and pinned him down to the greasy floor.

 

Hongjun: YA! ! WHAT ARE YOU…?!

 

Jiyong punched him in the face which made quite a shock to me. He never told me he knew how to put up a fight, especially in cases like this. He was always the coward one even back to when we were kids.

 

They exchanged punches and kicks which made them roll all over the greasy place. I shook myself from just watching them and thought of getting away from this chair. I tried untying the knot of the rope as fast as I can; totally ignoring the scratches and bruises it left to my hands.

 

Jiyong was now pinned down by Hongjun and he started holding down his neck. Jiyong fought back and kicked him out of him. I can see from here that Jiyong’s energy is really drained now. Panicking, I tried my best shot to untying this effing rope from me and fortunately, I was freed. I hurriedly rushed towards them and kicked Hongjun away from Jiyong. Seeing Jiyong covered with fresh cuts and blood, I helped him got up and supported him with my arms.

 

CL: Ya, Jiyong…Carry yourself up will you?!

 

He didn’t answer. He was completely out of his mind with blood trickling over his face. Worried now, I concentrated to how I will ever get him out of here with great speed. Something tells me, this ain’t over yet.

 

Hongjun: YAAA…*groans*

 

I looked back to the y Hongjun and my heartbeat went on a fast rate. Thinking that he would stand up and catch us, I walked double speed with Jiyong beside me as I was half carrying him.

 

CL: AISHHH.

 

Just then, I tripped over. And it’s not because I was careless…it’s because of that . I stumbled at the ground leaving Jiyong lying on the floor with his aching face. As the floor was too greasy, I can’t really manage to stand up easily more or less, carry Jiyong up again.

 

Hongjun: Come here, you!

 

Hongjun grabbed me by my hair and pulled it towards him. Seriously, this guy’s going to get what he deserves.

 

CL: YAAA! ARGHHH!

Hongjun: If you think you can escape, THINK AGAIN!

 

Then I heard someone rushing from our backs. Jiyong punched Hongjun away from me and he made him went down…again.

 

Jiyong: Ya…Go.

CL: What??

Jiyong: GO!

CL: I can’t just..!

Jiyong: I said go! Promise, I’ll follow!

 

Trusting Jiyong’s every word, I gathered myself together, ready to leave the place. Every step felt like I was leaving my world behind, that I shouldn’t really go and instead, I should help Jiyong and make sure he’s okay. When I managed to go out, I found little Seunghyun rushing towards me.

 

Seunghyun: Sajangnim!!!

CL: Ya. Why are you here???

Seunghyun: To save you of course!

 

I spanked him on his nape.

 

CL: You’re late, dimwit! Just go save Jiyong!

Seunghyun: Wha…you mean he’s there?!

 

Just then, an explosion came after.

 

Seunghyun and I were thrown away from the periphery of the place. We got stumbling down the road as we rolled over and got bruises from it too. Ignoring my scratches, I looked back to the storage place and see it’s now covered up with fire. Not believing what I’m seeing, I stood up with all my might and tried to run towards it.

 

Seunghyun: SAJANGNIM!

 

He stopped me in my tracks as he grabbed me by my wrist.

 

CL: Let me go! Jiyong’s there!!!

Seunghyun: Ya, Sajangnim! It’s too dangerous! We can’t risk another life!

CL: You don’t understand! I have to save him! YAAA!

 

But he didn’t let go of me. Exasperated, I started shedding tears.

 

CL: It can’t be…

Seunghyun: Sajangnim…we should go. It’s still dangerous…it might explode again.

CL: Aniyo. I’m not leaving. I have to find him!

Seunghyun: Ya, sajangnim please!

CL: AISHHH!

 

I slapped Seugnhyun in the face real hard. I was so frustrated that I just needed someone to blame to, someone I could put my anger in to. Unfortunately, he was the one available. Shocked by what I did, he released me while I went back to my plan of finding Jiyong in that exploded place.

 

I jogged towards the heated place, thinking what Jiyong said earlier.

 

“Promise, I’ll follow…”

 

CL: Ya, Jiyong. You can’t leave me now. NOT NOW.

 

As I came nearer, I felt how fiery it was just by looking at it. The fire has been eating up my face and I felt the urge of turning back. Shaking off my cowardly thoughts, I inhaled deeply and gathered my guts to surge in the place and look for Jiyong.

 

Thinking that entering in is really no joke and might even kill me instead, my heart started beating like crazy and I felt like I wanted to burst out in tears. Just then, I heard someone yell.

 

“STUPID!”

 

My ears rang as I heard that insulting word. I didn’t care whoever yelled at me because seriously, an insult wouldn’t help me right now. Ignoring it, I took a step forward towards the entrance of the place on fire.

 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?!”

 

I took a step again, this time I’m just a meter away from the main door.

 

Just then, someone just rushed into me and hugged me from the back. It was so tight I can’t breathe. When I was about to complain and slap this person away from me, my heart was relieved as I heard the most soothing voice I’ve been wanting to hear….

 

Jiyong: I’m okay, Chaerin-ah…I’m here…

 

 

 

……….Like what I’ve promised.