CHAPTER 37: Stupid Chaerin

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 37: Stupid Chaerin

 

(TOP P.O.V)

 

I can’t sleep after that night. Minji just told me that her long lost sister is CL. What am I gonna do now? Am I going to tell her I know her sister? That she’s basically my friend ever since I was young? Confused to my next move, I just kept quiet the next morning.

 

I can clearly see the resemblance now. She’s got CL’s eyes…to be exact. And the way she acts…kind of tough but fragile inside, like her sister. When Minji got me staring at her like crazy, she snapped me from my blank stares.

 

Minji: Ya. Are you okay? You’ve been staring for like since last night.

TOP: Oh. Uhm…I’m okay….Erm, Minji?

Minji: ne?

TOP: What would you do if you finally meet your sister?

Minji: I…I don’t know.

TOP: Will you…come with her or…with your mom?

 

She looked at me, scrunching her brows.

 

Minji: Well…I have to find out for myself…right?

 

We were interrupted by the sound of footsteps coming from upstairs. It was my brother, Dongwook, going down with his retarded face with drools still on his mouth.

 

Minji: Good morning, ahjussi! Here, I cooked you guys breakfast!

 

She did? As I was preoccupied in thinking about CL as her sister, I didn’t notice she was preparing our breakfast. Wow, that was impressive though.

 

Dongwook: What are those?

Minji: Pancakes!

 

My brother and I exchanged looks, with confusion to how she got the ingredients. We never had pancake flours since forever.

 

TOP: Uhm..Minji, where’d you get that?

Minji: Outside. *smiles*

Dongwook: What do you mean outside? Have you got money to buy those???

Minji: I got them for free.

TOP: What???

Minji: The nice ahjumma just in the corner of the street gave me these.

 

We both scrunched our eyebrows at her.

 

Minji: *giggles* You guys, I’m doing this since then. They always give me food. Now, eat up!

 

We all settled at the table and when we’re about to get our pancakes, she slapped our hands.

 

TOP & Dongwook: OW!

Minji: YA! Prayers first!

 

She put her hands together like she was ready to say a prayer and closed her eyes. Not knowing what to do, we just stared at her. As she noticed that we were not following her lead, she opened her eyes again and glared at us. Without further ado, we did the same thing and she finally said her prayer.

 

When she finished, she smiled at us and gestured at us to finally grab some food.

 

TOP: Ya, don’t steal okay?

Minji: What? I didn’t steal. They gave that to me for free.

Dongwook: Ya, she asked permission. That’s not stealing.

 

I looked at my brother who’s still into digging the pancakes. That’s odd, he never take side on anyone. Well, he never took my side. But I’m kind of relieved he’s treating Minji better than I thought of.

 

When my brother got finished eating and stood up from his seat, Minji stopped him.

 

Minji: Ya, ahjussi!

 

My brother looked back.

 

Dongwook: Kid, I told you…

Minji: You haven’t said “thank you”.

 

Dongwook widened his eyes like he couldn’t believe what he’s hearing. No one, really ever dared to tell him what to do.

 

Dongwook: M-mwo?

Minji: Ya, I’ve asked for food just for you guys to eat. A little gratitude won’t hurt. *with her cute glaring expression*

 

He stared at her for like a second then he said something I never imagined in my entire life.

 

Dongwook: Thanks.

 

------------------------

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

This is taking forever.

 

Bom and I started our tutorials on walking. She was showing me how to walk with those crossing of legs. Well, she practically owned it you know. Living as a model when she was gone, it isn’t a surprise to me anymore. Jiyong, who was just watching us, locked his eyes on Bom. Ugh, talk about really annoying people. Why use me as an excuse to see her??? Since Bom confessed to me that he liked this nerd and I think this guy right here likes her back, my confidence diffuses around them. Sigh.

 

Ya, CL. Don’t be such a pity!

 

My conscience is right. I’ve got to at least fight for what I like right? I have the alas here people. I’m the one who knows about their secrets, so I’m the one who’ll decide what to do with them. Convincing myself that I can finish this challenge of Jiyong, I sighed deeply and followed everything Bom told me to.

 

Bom: That’s it, CL!

 

I smirked.

 

Ha, I told you. I can totally nail this thing.

 

Just then, I tripped off.

 

Jiyong: CL!

CL: Owww.

 

When Jiyong was about to rescue me from this humiliation, Bom butted in.

 

Bom: Ani, Jiyong. Let her. She’s not going to learn if she’s always going to be helped.

 

I glared at Bom for like a second and I stood up, regaining my confidence.

 

CL: I’m fine. Let’s get this thing finished.

 

After an hour, I was able to walk around the house as perfectly as I can feel. They gave me this as my last assessment and they were all watching me as I walk around with heels and with all the finesse Bom taught me earlier. When I finished and stood there, they just all stared at me with their mouths half-open.

 

CL: So?

 

Psy hyung stood up and started clapping his hands happily.

 

Psy: You were great, CL-agassi!!!

 

Then everyone else followed his lead.

 

Jiyong: Okay, everyone. Let’s all take a break. *he proudly announces*

Psy: Bom-agassi, let me take you to the dining.

 

Bom followed Psy hyung’s lead and Jiyong and I were left there alone in the living room. I sat up in the couch and removed those killer heels, with me grunting.

 

CL: Jeez.

 

Just then Jiyong kneeled down in front of me and put my right foot on top of his knee.

 

CL: Ya, what are you…

Jiyong: Keep still.

 

He then started massaging my foot. Totally taken aback by what he’s doing, he left me pretty speechless. Instead, I just stared at him and his….uhm, face. Well, the thing is…the more I look at him, the more I feel that my heart’s beating double speed.

 

CL: Ya…it’s…ok-k-kay.

 

He looked at me, smiling.

 

Jiyong: You did a pretty good job there, here’s my prize for you.

CL: Mwo??? This is the prize you’re talking about???

 

He pinched my nose, real hard.

 

CL: OW!

Jiyong: *laughs* Aniyo. I told you, there are five!

 

I rubbed my nose to ease the pain…well. I felt like my nose isn’t the only one reddening, but my whole face. Jeez. He then switched to my other foot for him to massage.

 

Jiyong: Are you having a hard time?

CL: Uhm…aniyo. I can handle this.

 

I can see him smile from here.

 

Jiyong: Thank you.

CL: For what?

Jiyong: For trying.

 

I blushed. Not knowing how to respond, I just said stupid things.

 

CL: You kidding me? If it’s not for the prize, I won’t do this!

 

He looked at me, with his smile fading.

 

Jiyong: Oh…yeah. Of course. Uhm…hey, let’s grab a snack. C’mon.

CL: Erm..you go ahead.

 

When he was out of my sight, I slapped my forehead…real hard.

 

CL: Pabo! Pabo! Pabo! Aish.

 

He could’ve been hurt with what I said. Dang, why can’t I just tell him the truth? Ugh. Not wearing the heels anymore, I went to the dining barefooted.

 

-----------------