Chapter 22: Mandatory Prom

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 22: MANDATORY PROM

 

I decided to just skip my classes this day as I was not in the mood to entertain more questions about Jiyong. I’m sure it’s not just Bom who’s curious, Yoona’s group would be concerned too, as her group is known as the “paparazzi group” with their updated town news and all. If they just knew how to respect others’ privacy then maybe I could respect her and leave her and her group alone. When I was going out through the gate, the guard halted me and grabbed me by my shirt.

 

CL: Woah. What’s up???

Guard: You can’t go out yet.

CL: What? Is there some kind of curfew here or something now???

Guard: Mr. Jinusean wanted you in his office.

CL: Why???

Guard: He didn’t tell.

 

I looked at him with my dead cold stare but he looked away like he saw nothing. I guess I can’t really go out since that Jinusean told him not to let me out unless he says so. Wow, what a robot. I went to his office and didn’t care to knock at all. I was annoyed, okay? I DIDN’T WANT TO SEE HIM and his ways are pissing me off too.

 

I saw him working on his desk and I spoke alarmingly,

 

CL: What do you want?!

 

He looked up on me and he closed his laptop then he smirked.

 

CL: Quit doing that. I’m not in the mood to your games, Jinusean.

Prof. Sean: Sit down, CL.

 

I rolled my eyes for response but I sat down nevertheless.

 

Jinusean: Do you have any idea to why are you here?

CL: I won’t go if I knew.

Jinusean: *chuckles* right. Here.

 

He handed me a piece of paper and looked at me, smiling.

CL: What’s this?

Jinusean: Read it.

CL: I’m too lazy. *hands it to him* Why don’t you read it?

 

He looked at me for like a millisecond and he accepted it back anyways. He unfolded it and read it to me loudly. As he was blabbering about something I’m not interested listening to, I just played with my hair totally ignoring his annoying voice.

 

Jinusean: Did you understand?

CL: No.

Jinusean: I want you to do the speech in the prom.

 

I stopped fibbling with my hair and stared at him like he’s gone mad.

 

CL: No way.

Jinusean: Why not?

CL: I don’t attend PROMS. Got that?

Jinusean: C’mon, it’ll be fun!

CL: Fun for losers I guess. That’s just nothing but a piece of crap with people displaying their ridiculous dresses for a horrible event!

Jinusean: I guess that’s not my problem then. But my decision is final.

CL: NO. Why not Yoona? Or Bom? They’re more suitable for the job.

Jinusean: Bom’s a transferee. And Yoona’s not exceling in my class like you do.

CL: What?

 

He went back to his table smiling and gave me a piece of paper, a test maybe.

 

CL: What’s this?

Jinusean: YOUR test paper in our last quiz.

CL: Not interested.

Jinusean: Believe me or not, I was shocked too. You aced it even if you’re not attending my class regularly.

CL: That’s because your subject is a piece of crap I NEED to put up with.

Jinusean: And your confidence inspires me.

CL: Now that’s innate.

Jinusean: So, it’s final then?

CL: Still, NO.

Jinusean: Then I have to fail you.

 

I widened my eyes as he said “FAIL”. What the heck is happening with this guy??? He can’t fail me without valid reasons!

 

CL: YA. You just said I aced your quiz, then you’ll fail me???

Jinusean: I’ll be making that speech as your final requirement for me, in return of all your absences and disrespect in my class.

CL: *feels really irritated now* Look…S-s-sir, Jinusean. But that’s not possible.

Jinusean: It is and will be.

CL: ANIYO! *standing up and stomping my feet heavily*

Jinusean: CL, I am doing you a favour here. If you can’t accept it then I have to give you failing marks in all those days you skipped. And if you still don’t want it, then it’s not my loss.

CL: Make me do anything; just don’t make me attend that crap!

Jinusean: I’m sorry, but I can’t think of anything right now and besides, the school year’s about to end and you guys are going to graduate already. Meaning, this will be your LAST and ONLY option.

 

He’s really making me mad. Why make a speech? Am I the president of this batch? NOT EVEN! Nor I was given a recognition somewhere in our subjects. WHY ME?!

 

CL: Just give me a valid reason why I have to accept your offer.

 

He smirked at me and he sat down on his chair.

 

Jinusean: Then I guess I have to see you NEXT school year.

 

Making an obvious irritated face, I walked out of his office and closed the door with a loud bang.

 

----------

 

(TOP P.O.V)

 

After Hanbyul left our house, I decided to sleep and cool my mind off. Seriously, I have many things to think of right now. Why did she have to be one of them?! UGH! Whether I like it or not, I have been thinking to what she said….that she’s planning to give up on my brother and marry another man. IS SHE INSANE?! My brother’s going for suicide for that! JEEZ.

 

Compared to my brother, I still care for his ing life. I don’t know, I kind of feel that we’re still interconnected. Maybe because we’re living with the same blood…? Whatever the reason is, it’s annoying. Imagine caring for a person who doesn’t care for you and never did his entire life? you know. But still, I live with that, almost all my life.

 

I decided to just go to school and check if CL’s already out. I wanted to see her, my mind craves. When I got there, I was lucky to see her going out…with her usual pissed face. What happened now?

 

TOP: YA! *waves*

CL: Eo, giant.

TOP: What’s up?

CL: Aish. It’s Jinusean. He’s messing with me again.

TOP: I’m listening.

 

She looked at me expressionless like she decides whether to tell me or not. Then she put her arms around my neck and pushed it down to the ground.

TOP: Ow, ow!

CL: YA. Just treat me ramen today!

TOP: Mwo??? I don’t have spare money here. Maybe Jiyong…

CL: Omo! What time is it???

TOP: It’s…quarter to six. Why??

CL: ! I gotta run!

 

Then she ran all the way to the bus stop without even thinking she’ll leave me here. Jeez. Why do I have to bring Jiyong up??? I should have just made my mouth shut and brought her home, cook some spare ramen there for her. AISH. Why do you have to be dumb at times like this, SEUNGHYUN???!!!

 

Just then someone called me from the back.

 

Seunghyun: HYUNG!

 

Talk about being unlucky.

 

I faced him, without being eager to what he’s going to say.

 

Seunghyun: Hyung! I’m just looking for you just now!

TOP: *stares at him expressionless*

Seunghyun: What were you going to say anyway???

TOP: You called me brat. Why are you asking me to what…

Seunghyun: You told us a secret plan…you know. Revenge…*winks*

 

Oh. I almost forgot, I had to do some business with that HongJun. We’re not finished yet.

 

TOP: Bring the other recruits at the hide-out tonight. AND DON’T TELL CL. Araseo?

 

------------