Foolish Love

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

Chapter 2: Foolish Love

 

I walked down the alley seeing kids running around circles and tagging themselves. How annoying, I never even thought of doing those stupid games. It doesn’t even have a fair conclusion who won, you’ll just end the effing game getting tired and cutting the game for you can’t breathe anymore. those who invented that game. As I was getting closer to them making my bangs cover my ed-up face, I sensed the kids stopped in their tracks. Ha. The queen’s coming you fools. Run and hide…until you can’t breathe.

 

Kid: Jeez. It’s the evil girl! Look!

 

I stopped right in front of the kid who told me I was evil. I faced up, staring him with my dead cold eyes.

 

Kid: I…I’m…n-n-not scared…of-f-f y-y-you…

 

Not satisfied with his reaction, I leaned closer to his face still with my dead cold eyes. This time, more deadly. The kid didn’t respond this time but I felt he was really shaking up his small body.

 

And I just know how to get rid of this ugly face in front of me….

 

CL: Boo!

 

The kids ran away like they’ve seen a horrible ghost. The one who I leaned closer to ran faster and screamed, “SHE’S A MONSTER! AAHHH”. Effortless, I’ve scared them away from my way.

 

CL: Ha. That’s what you get when you mess with me, you bonehead.

 

Just then, I heard Jiyong called my true name, Chaerin. He really knows how to piss the out of me. But I sensed more than just him annoying me. When he wanted to talk seriously and by I mean, seriously, he’s dead ing serious I can’t stand it…he’d call my true name.

 

Without looking back at him, I answered loudly,

 

CL: What now?

Jiyong: Let’s talk.

 

See what I mean?

 

--------

 

(TOP P.O.V)

 

I banged the door of our house and went straight to the couch to rest my effing mind off. That Jiyong guy is really getting annoying these days. He acts like he’s the boss of me; maybe he can fool CL out but not me. I’m not that , you evil .

 

TOP: AIIISSHHH!!!

 

Then, my brother Dong wook checked out his head from the curtains.

 

Dong wook: Ya. I’m ing sleeping you jerk. Shut the hell up!

 

Talk about real annoying people. Aish!

 

I buried my face to our ragged pillow and shouted “ YOU JIYONG!” at the top of my lungs. I didn’t mind my saliva sticking to the pillow, I just wanted to let this out of my system. Oh, he just wait. TOP’s going to smash his nerdy ing face!

 

Just then, I was surprised when I saw my brother’s face on top of me, holding the pillow with my damn saliva there.

 

Dongwook: YA. ARE YOU NOT REALLY KEEPING YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT?!

TOP: *getting the pillow back* off, brother! I don’t need you here!

Dongwook: In case you don’t remember, this is OUR turf. Me and you, here in this trashy place.

TOP: Aiisssh. *getting up right now* Ya. In case you haven’t noticed, I’m really in a bad mood right now.

Dongwook: Aigoo. Did CL-ssi blabber to you again? *chuckles*

TOP: *getting pissed right now* YA!

Dongwook: Fine. Fine. I’ll “-off”. Just wash that pillow after you’re done. I don’t want my girlfriend sniffing that gross mouth of yours.

 

Just like that, he too, ruined my day by caring for the last person I needed to hear from him. What a bastard.

 

-----

(JIYONG P.O.V)

 

I watched as CL proudly went away, not really bothering to come back and apologize to what she’s done. I looked back at the place where I just discovered and saw gross things inside. It really stinks here, sometimes I don’t really get CL’s taste. She’s just into weird stuffs, you know. I saw a barrel of…contaminated water I guess? Since my source told me this was a mineral water factory back then but was shut down because of business matters. I can see a bunch of flies around it, and from that I started to walk away from this dirty place.

 

I searched for CL downtown and saw her leaning to a kid who’s now really sweating because of nervousness. Poor kid, being involved to CL’s bad mood. When the kids ran, I started to jog towards her and called her by her true, beautiful name. Yes, I’ve always thought CL’s true name is really, really beautiful.

 

Jiyong: Chaerin.

 

To my surprise, she didn’t charge me or anything but instead answered in an annoyed tone,

 

“What now?”

 

“Let’s talk.”

 

I walked side by side with her in the sideway, going to our house. We were like 2 inches away from each other’s arms. That made me wishes that she would just soften and link to my arms. I’d like that rather than her bratty attitude. Sigh. Doing this with her for the first time, I can really feel my heart skipping a beat for every step we take forward. I don’t really care now if the people around us started chattering and making rumors that aren’t true. Just then, I almost jumped when she finally blurted out.

 

CL: Are you gonna just gonna shut the ing up there?

Jiyong: What? *going back to my senses* No…

CL: Tss. You said you wanted to talk.

Jiyong: About that…*stops then faces her* quit the initiations. I’ll let you off with your gang.

 

CL stopped too, facing me with her famous dead cold stare. My body’s not really shaking up or anything but my heart’s not doing a pretty good job. Shoot.

 

CL: What did you say?

Jiyong: I said..

CL: I knew what you said. I mean, WHAT THE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Jiyong: Chaerin…

CL: *pissed face* Jiyong! Stop calling me that! If anyone hears you, you’re dead!

Jiyong: *gathering all my strength now* You don’t need any more recruits! The more you’ll have, the dangerous it will be! CL, listen to me. I just wanted you safe. Can’t you at least do that for me???

CL: *stares at me with her what-the-hell look* You kidding me, right?

Jiyong: CL. I’m serious. Please.

 

I emphasized on the “please” one last time. Maybe she’ll have the heart to pity me and listen to me even this once. I just can’t let her off roaming around with dangerous people and with cops running for them.

 

CL: I’m going off. *walks away*

Jiyong: . CL!

 

CL waved her hand like she’s telling me it’s over or something. Out of frustration, I yelled at her saying words I’m sure she’ll be hella happy to hear.

 

Jiyong: Fine! I’ll give you your wish! Just quit that ridiculous thing, okay!

 

Then I made her stopped. She faced me back with her poker face…then she made a smug. Okay, that really made my heart ran fast as it could, it may even get out of my insides and ran away to her. As she ran all the way to me again, she halted in front of me and punched me hard on the chest.

 

CL: You CRAZY JERK! Why did it even take you for so long to say that! *chuckles crazily right now*

 

Even if my heart’s really racing now, I can’t help but to be confused for what she said. Is she kind of expecting me to say that all along?

 

Jiyong: Wait. What?

CL: *laughs* Jiyong-ah. The problem is…you’re too predictable. *smiles evilly again*

 

Crap. Has she found out that I’m head over heels over her?? Has she found out that she’s my only weakness even back before we were kids? . What am I gonna do now???

 

Jiyong: What??? *really shaking right now*

CL: Since you’re too naïve to know things…these were all planned. *really feels proud of herself*

 

Having being deaf to what she said, I was speechless to say anything at all. How could she have planned….THIS???

 

CL: *laughs* Fine. The source who told you where our hide-out is, I paid that . The one I’ve been torturing? Well…He’s real…but he’s as dumb as you. Oh! And don’t worry, TOP doesn’t know. It’s just me and that easy-to-get source. Well? Am I great or what?!

 

I admit, she’s great. And I’m as dumb as she said.

 

Jiyong: You’re leaving me pretty speechless, CL.

CL: Ha! The queen’s got some acting skills too, so I’m quite perfect. *winks at me and walks away*

 

Leaving me behind her, dumbfounded…she happily strolled towards our house like a little kid. I smiled seeing her happy again for like the “never-time”. If her happiness depended on her crazy tricks, I’d be happy to be fooled by it. Anytime, anywhere.

 

CL: Ya! Don’t forget about what you said! Araseo?!

 

Seeing her tough but jolly face this time around, I can’t believe I’m being too pathetic for the girl that has never even considered looking at me.

 

-----