CHAPTER 45: Wait For Me

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 45: Wait For Me

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

After our dance practice, I rushed up to the rooftop. I knew CL wouldn’t be here since she’s going straight to Professor Sean for her last speech practice. I don’t care how long would I have to wait, the thing is I have to clear up things to her.

 

So she has been really into thinking that I like Bom not her. Wow, if it wasn’t that obvious I was just being nice to Bom for she was my friend for a long time now. But if it’s about having feelings to her? I don’t think that would be possible. Well, I have been hiding my feelings to her ever since so I can’t really blame her. That’s why I’m here, I need to let this out quickly or else everything would be too late. TOP might get all the credit that I’ve done while I rot with Bom forever. Jeez, just by thinking of it, I knew I was dead.

 

After an hour, CL’s still not here. I’ve walked back and forth, around the rooftop to actually distract myself so I won’t get bored. Just then, someone’s footsteps were getting louder and louder. I looked back and I disappointed myself. It was not Chaerin, it was Bom.

 

Bom: Jiyong?

Jiyong: Bom? What are you doing here?

Bom: I’ve been asking everyone if they have seen you and someone directed me here.

Jiyong: Why?

Bom: I just wanted to treat you out.

Jiyong: That’s not necessary, Bom. Thank you.

Bom: Aniyo! I insist. Please?

 

Not surprised with her persistence, I just scratched my head and gave her my forced approval.

 

Jiyong: Uhm, but wait!

 

I brought out a piece of paper and wrote a note for CL saying,

 

“Please wait for me, CL. – Jiyong”

 

I put it on the bench and walked towards Bom, ready to leave.

 

Jiyong: Kaja?

Bom: Uhm…you go ahead…I’ll just pick that flower over there, okay?

Jiyong: Okay…I’ll wait for you at the gate.

 

------------------------------------

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

My last session with Professor Sean ended at around 5:30 pm. When I remembered Jiyong’s invitation to me at the rooftop, I hesitated first. But I knew myself better. I rushed towards the rooftop and when I got there I saw no one. That’s weird. He said he’ll meet me here. I waited for him like for half an hour then the clouds darkened. A thunder made its frightening noise and I squeaked at the top of my lungs. I docked and had my ears covered. I don’t really like thunders or lightning, it really scares the creep out of me. Just then, drops of rain poured down to me. When I looked up, it started raining hard that my clothes got soaked immediately. Since this was the rooftop, there was no cover or anything…just plants, junk and a bench.

 

Wait a minute…is that a piece of paper over there? I rushed towards it expecting a note from Jiyong and I finally opened it. My excitement turned to broken pieces when I read the note….

 

“I’m with Bom. I’m sorry.”

 

Anger rushed towards my mind and I crumpled the paper. This is freaking . How dare he play with me, for the nth time?! Why is it very necessary for him to always tease me?! Is this some kind of revenge to me, for all the wicked things I’ve done to him before?! Well, all of those! Exasperated, I threw the paper off the building and I shouted at the top of my lungs.

 

CL: KWON JIYONG! YOU ! ARGHHHH!!!!! YOU PLAYER! DIE ALREADY, ARGHHHH!!!

 

I went down to my knees and I cried. The rain would very helpful now. No one can even see that I’m crying, no one will ever notice that I’m hurting. My heart is mourning right now and I wanted to tear myself into pieces. I didn’t know love was this harsh. I didn’t know it would be this hard liking over someone you completely had fallen with. And I didn’t know how much damage one can bring to you by just one note. I cried with all my might, not even thinking someone might hear me. All I’m thinking right now is to give up…I can’t do this anymore. I wasn’t this vulnerable before….but now, even a weakling can laugh his off at me. Because here I am…crying her heart out because she just got the price of having a one-sided love.

 

-------------------------

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

Jiyong: Bom-ah…I really need to go.

 

When we got to this bar, she ordered herself glasses of alcohol. I didn’t know she drinks though. I just ordered a glass of juice and that’s it. I’m not really that hungry right now.

 

Bom: ANIYO! Stay here. *she said tipsily*

Jiyong: You’re drunk.

Bom: Of course not! Stupid you. *slaps me lightly on my cheek*

Jiyong: We have to go. C’mon.

 

I tried to support her and drag her home but she stopped me and lifted her arms around me instead.

 

Bom: Jiyong-ahhhh, don’t leave me….

Jiyong: Bom, we’re going home. Let’s go.

Bom: Aniyooo! You just wanted to meet CL-ssi right?

 

I removed her arms around me and looked at her seriously.

 

Jiyong: How did you know that??

Bom: I saw your letter on the bench and I was jealous. I changed it and wrote that you were with me.

Jiyong: WHAT!? How could you do that?!

Bom: Because I like you!!! I tried being nice and letting you go off to her but I can’t just bear it! I wanted you to like me too! Not her!!!

Jiyong: But you should not have done that! She could have interpreted it wrong!! Look, I have to go now.

Bom: Jiyong-ahhhh! Don’t leave me here!!

Jiyong: I’ll call your driver.

 

I rushed towards the door and someone grabbed me again.

 

Bom: Jiyong-ah, please! Don’t bother her anymore, I’m here can’t you see that???

Jiyong: I’m sorry Bom. But I guess you have to get yourself another partner.

 

I closed the bar’s door leaving Bom’s shocked face alone.

 

-----------------------------

 

(TOP P.O.V)

 

I’ve been looking for CL for like an hour now. Professor Sean she dismissed her early this time and he didn’t know where she went after. All he knew that she was rushing to leave. I tried looking in and out of the school but found nothing.

 

I tried calling her but she isn’t answering her phone. Then it started raining, maybe she’s home already. I went to Jiyong’s mansion and found Psy hyung wiping their car.

 

TOP: YA! HYUNG!

 

He looked back at me and approached me.

 

TOP: Is CL there already?

Psy: CL-agassi? No.

TOP: What???

Psy: Why?

TOP: I can’t seem to find her.

Psy: Maybe she’s just strolling out there. Don’t worry too much, kiddo.

 

That didn’t convince to stop finding her. I went back to our school and ran to check every floor as possible and as quickly as I can.

 

-----------------------------

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

I called Bom’s driver while I was running my life towards the school. I had to reach there before she’s gone and be hysterical again with the wrong reason. When I got to our school, it started to rain. I didn’t care if I would be hella soaked from this drops of rain, what’s important is I had to explain CL things she misunderstood as possible as I can.

 

I ran all the way to the rooftop not minding how slippery the ground was. When I was rushing to the stairs, I slipped myself and rolled all the way down again. I felt the force that bump caused to my and it hurt…badly.

 

Jiyong: Owww..

 

------------------------

 

(TOP P.O.V)

 

I’ve checked all the floors by far now and I still can’t see her. Where the hell is she? I knew she’s just here somewhere but where could she be? I tried calling her again but she still isn’t answering. The rain poured heavier and I’m sick worried now. Not giving up, I ran back and forth in case I missed out a single room.

 

Just then, I saw this janitor cleaning up the fifth floor. I rushed towards him and I almost slipped out.

 

Janitor: Woah there! Be careful!

TOP: Sorry. But have you seen a girl around here?

Janitor: No…it’s beyond your dismissal already.

TOP: Oh, okay. Thanks.

 

When I was about to go, he called me again.

 

Janitor: Oh! But wait! I heard a girl’s voice earlier coming from the rooftop. You might want to check out there.

 

Oh crap. He’s genius! Why didn’t I think of checking the rooftop? Without any doubts, I rushed towards there with a very fast pulse rate.

 

-----------------------------

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

I got up ignoring the hurt it caused to my . I felt the urge of persistence and I ran as quickly as I can up to the stairs. I climbed two to three steps to advance myself so that I could get there faster.

 

Jiyong: CL…please…don’t go yet.

 

I inhaled for a moment and exhaled before I go to the last floor. When I got to the door of the rooftop, I took a breath and opened the door with a very nervous heart.

 

As I was going to call CL’s name, I already found her.

 

I found her….with TOP hugging her.

 

TOP: Ya…gwenchana?

 

She cried for response. I have never seen her cry that much. She was so weak and frail that TOP’s arms seemed very comfortable for her to cry to. The scene just torn me into pieces. I was weakened at each second that passed, seeing them so close to each other. I can’t help but to blame myself that I should be the one hugging her right now. I should be the one hearing her difficulties…I should be the one who’s comforting her right now. But no…I was too late. I was always too late for her.

 

Blinded with what I saw, I went out from the rooftop as soon as I can.

 

---------------------------