Chapter 21: CL is an ICE

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 21: CL is an ICE

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

Psy: Master, Is CL Agassi getting softer???

 

I threw a pillow at him and the other maids laughed.

 

Jiyong: Are you teasing me???

Psy: Yaaaa, everyone knows you like her since then! *laughs*

Jiyong: *blushes* She’s…she just got worried. That’s all…

Psy: C’mon. She hugs no one in her life! That must be a sign!

Jiyong: Yeah, a sign that you’re insane.

 

They all laughed again as response. Thinking about Psy hyung’s conclusions, I can’t help but to ponder about CL’s actions lately. You see, I just realized SHE was the one who was with me all along. Even when I’m not fully awake yet, she was the one who keeps wiggling my arms and whispering words of encouragement to me. Again, WE ARE BEST FRIENDS. But she never acted that way to me even when I stumbled down on the street when we were kids. She always laughs at me and insults me. Well, maybe because this time’s different? I don’t know. It still feels like a dream to me. Sigh.

 

The doctor said I can leave for about 2 days, depending on my condition. So he recommended me to avoid stress and to move too much that will affect my spine. Following all their recommendations, I boringly lied on my bed the whole day, only sitting when it’s time for me to eat.

 

When everyone was taking a nap, all lying around my bed I thought again about CL’s reactions towards me. Come to think of it, that was my life-long dream…I mean, my childhood dream, to be hugged by her. To feel that she actually cares for me too…that she just don’t pay attention to me just because she wants something from me. Am I right by now? Or I’m just deceived again…as always? As I was deep in my thoughts, Psy hyung spoke from his lying position…

 

Psy: Master, can’t you sleep?

Jiyong: What? Oh…no. I can’t.

Psy: Hm…can I help you with something? *sitting straight up*

Jiyong: I’m fine…thanks.

Psy: Ya, master. I’ve been serving your family ever since you were young. I know if something’s bothering you…

Jiyong: *smiles dryly* Well…it’s just that….

Psy: Is it Chaerin Agassi?

Jiyong: I guess you know me too well then…

 

He stood up and went towards the fridge.

 

Jiyong: Jeez, hyung. Is food really necessary right now??

Psy: Ani…look at this.

 

He brought out the ice cubes from the freezer and showed it to me.

 

Jiyong: Uhm…what’s the ice for?

Psy: Master. This is Chaerin. *points to the ice cube*

Jiyong: Uhm…okay? How?

Psy: And you are the fridge. You keep ice cubes inside to keep them cool. And later, IF YOU PROLONG THEM INSIDE, it’ll eventually be cold. Then colder.

 

I didn’t respond but I looked quite confused to what he’s trying to say.

 

He went closer to me now, showing the ice cubes in front of me.

 

Psy: You keep Chaerin too close to you…that’s why she’s getting cool, in a sense that she’s TOO COOL about your so much consideration for her. That’s why she doesn’t care anymore if you CARE too much about her. Do you get me?

Jiyong: Well…what if I let her go…uhm, she’ll melt away?

Psy: *laughs* Close enough. If she melts…then there’s no option but to GO BACK TO YOU. *winks*

Jiyong: *scrunches my brows* Uhm…is this some kind of a tip??

Psy: Master, you are still innocent. But believe me, Chaerin’s the type of person who gets tired of things easily. So you should at least play hard to get, not a father-like best friend.

Jiyong: But…how will I do it? I don’t know anything about these things.

Psy: Leave that to me, shall we? Well first, you gotta stop acting like someone who nags her. But rather…act like a worthy player. *winks*

Jiyong: PLAYER???

Psy: Ya, try that just once. You’re not that ugly to be one. Cast off those glasses away!

Jiyong: Do…you think it’ll work?

Psy: Your prom’s going to be next month right?

Jiyong: Omo…yeah. Almost forgot about that.

Psy: Then you gave a month to prepare. But start now…or it’s now or never.

 

I looked at Psy hyung who’s actually nodding now, encouraging me to try accepting his suggestion about my attitude towards CL. Well, I’ve got to admit. He’s right, and I’m an old-fashioned friend of CL. I’ve got to at least show her my worth right? And this time, not in an innocent or naïve way but rather in a wise and playful way. I guess a month’s not too bad…Considering my situation now; I think I made a good start by saving her life. That’s pretty cool, eh?

 

I focused on him and I nodded to actually accept his challenge of making CL feel the same towards me. I’ve waited long enough and I think it’s time to step out and make a serious move.

 

Jiyong: Will you help me hyung?

Psy: Fear not, master. I’ll help you, Gangnam style! *chuckles*

 

Okay. Honestly, I’ve got some creeps towards Psy hyung’s plans… but since he’s the most experienced one here, I’ve got no choice but to agree and trust him. Well, good luck to me then?

 

-------------

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

Bom: CL-ssi!

 

I turned back and saw Bom hurrying her way towards me now. I rolled my eyes as I wait her to come to me and she said in an exhausted tone,

 

Bom: What happened to Jiyong??? Is he okay???

CL: Look, he’s fine. Nothing to worry.

Bom: But what happened???

CL: Something happened.

 

She looked at me, confused and pouting. Jeez, did I ever tell you it’s annoying? Ugh.

 

CL: Fine. He was shot.

 

She gasped, exaggeratedly.

 

Bom: MWO???!!! WAEYO???

CL: Maybe because someone shot him.

Bom: Who???

CL: Look, I’m not a police and never will be. So I think it’ll be better if we leave things the way they were.

Bom: Aren’t you going to look for that criminal???

CL: Uhm…no. No need. He said it’s fine.

Bom: I think I have to see it for myself…where’s his hospital then?

CL: Uhm…no! His doctors advised him to rest. No visitors, that’s for sure.

Bom: But…

 

Then her phone rang. She picked it up and excused herself from our conversation.

 

Bom: Hello? Hm…yeah. Oh! Okay! Thanks a lot! *hangs up*

CL: *raising my brow*

Bom: It’s okay. I know already, my driver found out! Thanks though, CL-ssi!

 

Then she happily strolled away towards her class…

 

CL: B-b-but…

 

Dang. Why does she have to visit him if he’s fine anyways??? AISH! Of all people! Why does it have to be her??? As I was stomping my feet, someone patted my shoulders.

 

Seunghyun: Sajangnim?

 

I looked back and saw little Seunghyun…

 

CL: WHAT?

Seunghyun: Oh…well. I just wanted to make sure if you’re okay…

CL: Can’t you see I’m alive and breathing???

Seunghyun: I see it, sajangnim

CL: THEN I’M FINE! AISH! *about to walk away*

 

Seunghyun: SAJANGNIM! Wait!

 

I looked back, annoyed.

 

Seunghyun: Well…we were just wondering…if you weren’t abducted by Hongjun and his minions…what are you going to say to us..?

CL: *thinks back* Oh. We’re going on a hiatus. Pass the message, freak.

Seunghyun: HIATUS??? Why?

CL: Reasons.

Seunghyun: Uhm…and oh! One more question, please?

CL: Shoot it, 5 seconds.

Seunghyun: Uhm. Can we attend the prom???

 

I scrunched my brows and thought of what this freak is trying to say.

 

CL: Why?

Seunghyun: Uhm…well. Since we’re new…we just thought if you actually don’t allow your recruits to attend the prom….

CL: I don’t give a damn about those.

Seunghyun: Sooo, we’re allowed?

CL: If you didn’t understand what I tried to say, it’s your problem.

Seunghyun: Oh…no. It’s fine. I got you. Thanks, sajangnim!!!

 

He jumped and strolled away from me going towards to his classmates. I guess he announced that I actually let them go to that crap and they made their high fives and stupid handshakes. Jeez, what a bunch of kiddos.