Chapter 28: Weak.

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 28: Weak. 

 

(TOP P.O.V)

 

I went home after CL left me there, going home after Jiyong made a scene by agreeing to Bom’s invitation. Weird though, to why he has to bring that up after he caught me hugging her. Well, when I saw him looking at us back then…he was not that surprised. He was kind of…hurt? To why he’s hurt, I really don’t know. But his face shows a clear expression out of him.

 

When I got home, still thinking about what happened, I saw my brother lying down on the floor. I hurriedly tried to help him up as I saw him holding a bottle of soju in his hand.

 

TOP: Ya! Stand up! YA!

 

He was still in a deep sleep and he drooled. Yuck.

 

TOP: YAAA! Get up from there!

 

He tried opening his eyes and as he saw me, he unclasped from me and shooed me away from him. What a great gratitude.

 

Dongwook: Go….away!

TOP: Ya. That’s not your bed. Is it that hard for you to go to bed???

 

He smirked. I hate it when he does that as a response.

 

Dongwook: You’re clueless!

TOP: What?

 

Then he laughed, like those in evil-like movies. Jeez. He came towards me and pointed me with his finger. I took a step back.

 

Dongwook: YOU! You should know!

TOP: W-w-what???

Dongwook: You…have to keep HER while she’s still…there! *says tipsily*

TOP: What the are you…

Dongwook: Because if SHE leaves…YOU WON’T EVEN REALIZE THAT UNTIL SHE’S GONE!

 

Then he collapsed in front of me, dozing off again. I tried holding him and bringing him to the couch so that he could rest there. I’ve also cleaned the mess he left, all the chips and bottles of soju on the floor. When I was done, I looked at him again wondering what he meant earlier.

 

TOP: Stupid Dongwook. Blabbering things I can’t understand.

 

I sighed as I turned the lights off and locked the doors. I went up, looking forward to rest and sleep for long, dreamy hours.

 

------------------

 

When I woke up and got downstairs, I saw my brother ready to go off to his part-time job. I just ignored him and decided to not just bring up what happened to him last night.

 

Dongwook: We broke up.

 

My sleepy mind was awakened. WHAT?

 

I turned to him, waiting for him to speak further about it.

 

Dongwook: I mean…she broke up with me.

TOP: Why?

Dongwook: She’s getting married.

TOP: And you’re letting her off just like that???

Dongwook: *looked at me, dead serious* I have nothing to fight for. She gave up. It’s over.

TOP: And I thought you love her.

 

He rushed to me, holding my collar up. Obviously, that made him mad.

 

Dongwook: Are you saying I didn’t???

TOP: Well, if you do…You’ll stop her.

 

He released me and looked away.

 

Dongwook: Her dad never wanted me. I could never get her back.

TOP: *chuckles* Wow. After all those FIGHTS, COVER-UPS, and ALL THOSE TIMES you chose her than me….it’ll end up as a not-so-happy ending. I PITY YOU.

 

Bitterness invaded me and I can’t help but to blame him in the end. He didn’t answer; I guess he’s too weak to say anything so I took advantage of this.

 

TOP: If you knew all along that YOU won’t work out, WHY CONTINUE??? Now, what has she done?! She LEFT YOU IN THE END. YOU LOST, and she never did. YOU SUFFER, and she never will. SHE’S HAPPY and you’ll never be. Is this what you call, love huh? Well, I don’t think so!

 

He looked at me ready to punch my face but he didn’t. Instead, he turned back from me, walking towards the door.

 

He stopped, and he spoke….

 

Dongwook: Seunghyun, I’ll ask you something.

 

I waited.

 

Dongwook: If you knew all along that Chaerin will never see you as you do…WHY CONTINUE? You LOST in every time you see her with Jiyong, but she never did as she sees you with other girls. You SUFFER with her numbness but she never will. And she’s obviously HAPPY and you’ll never be, with you knowing she’s BETTER off without you. Now, I ask you again…Why CONTINUE?

 

. Talk about being backfired.

 

He went out, leaving me confused with the same question I fired at him earlier.

 

--------------------

 

I went to school after I’ve fixed myself. With Dongwook’s last words to me, I can’t seem to concentrate again. I kept thinking of how he hit me with my own words and how I can see it was so true. Well, we’re brothers right? I think we’re also the same when it comes to our…love life? Jeez. When I was about to go to my class, Seunghyun, that little rascal namesake of mine came rushing towards me.

 

Seunghyun: HYUNG!!! *waves at me*

TOP: What?

Seunghyun: It’s all settled. *raises his brows up and down*

TOP: JEEZ! Stop that. Are you sure?

Seunghyun: POSITIVE!

TOP: Okay, when?

Seunghyun: Well…he said, during our prom!

TOP: Dang. Why does it have to be in the prom???

Seunghyun: I know, hyung. But he said he’ll be meeting us midnight. So I think it won’t affect us anyways. *grins* Omo…are you going to the prom too???

TOP: *blushes* That’s none of your business. Now, go!

 

He ran away as soon as I shooed him. Jeez, why does he have to in with my business as always??? Thinking about the prom, I got my wallet out and opened it. There lie the two shameful things I’ve acquired my whole entire life. Yeah, I bought prom tickets yesterday as soon as it was released. I was really planning to give it to CL yesterday but I had no guts to do so. And the timing is not really good since she’s busy thinking about Jiyong’s actions towards her.

 

That jerk, I really thought he was going to ask CL out for the prom. Because I knew he wouldn’t go with other girls, well that’s what I know before. I was really surprised when he agreed to Bom’s invitation right in front of our faces. Is he some kind of being arrogant now??? Jeez, I really wanted to smack his face that time.

 

Annoyed by my own thoughts, I went to my class thinking of how I will try again to give these damn tickets to CL.

 

------------

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

It was Jinusean’s class and I’m really bored. He kept blabbering about his lessons and I just can’t seem to make myself listen to him. It’s just that…scenes from yesterday kept flashing on my mind. T’was when Jiyong agreed to Bom’s invitation to prom. Since this morning, he didn’t even talk to me. Bom on the other hand, was so up in her mood and she obviously can’t get over with the fact that Jiyong finally took her as his date. She kept clinging unto him and Jiyong, as I can see it, doesn’t mind about that. UGH! Why does it have to bother me anyways??? It’s not like…I’m feeling….

 

………jealous, right?

 

I pushed the thought away. Just thinking about it gives me goose flesh. Dang. Trying to shake off my mind, I just laid my head down not caring to who will even bother to scold me for it. Just then someone is trying to reach to me by wiggling me gently on my arms. Expecting it was Jiyong, I looked up slowly but I was wrong. It was Bom and she’s trying to tell me to listen to Jinusean. More annoyed by her, I just went on and buried my face on my arms.

 

After a while, the wiggling kept going on. Knowing it was just Bom, I ignored it until the class finally ended. Good thing Jinusean let me off. Well, he has to. I’ve agreed to do his stinky errand for me in the prom and I still don’t want to do it if I had a choice. When I sensed that the class is finally setting off for a break, I looked up and saw a figure of someone standing in front of me. Still blurry from that keeping my eyes shut for half an hour, I tried rubbing my eyes to see clearer. Then I saw Jiyong, looking down on me.

 

Jiyong: Up.

CL: What am I? A dog?

Jiyong: You used to be.

 

Remembering about what he used to call me back then, which made me more annoyed to him, I did what he wanted. I stood up and faced him.

 

CL: What now?

Jiyong: Sleeping in class again, huh?

CL: Why bother now? The class ended already.

Jiyong: I’ve been trying to wake you up the whole time.

 

Wait. What?

 

CL: It wasn’t you, freak. It was Bom.

Jiyong: How can you tell? You didn’t even peek a bit.

CL: I looked up once and saw it was her. Now, off.

Jiyong: I told her to shake you up. But when you ignored her, I’ve tried myself.

 

So he did try to wake me up. Jeez, talk about being embarrassed.

 

Jiyong: Come. *holds me by the hand*

CL: W-what? Where???

Jiyong: You’ll see. *smiles*

 

Struck by his smile, I can’t help but to agree to come with him. Aish, when did his smile made me weak? DAMN.