CHAPTER 35: Seatbelt...is a must.

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 35: Seatbelt...is a must.

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

It’s been 2 days and my contract with Jiyong is about to end. And to tell you, I have successfully, perfectly didn’t say a single bad word to anyone or anybody I mingle with. Well, I had some difficulties before but I was determined not to be spitted by any random people. That’ll make me furious more, I tell you. By the looks of it, I think controlling my temper is a really good idea. I mean, I was feeling so…light and carefree…maybe this isn’t a bad idea after all.

 

Well, the only thing that I control my anger with is now…is the fact that Jiyong has been catching all the attention of schoolgirls in our campus. They have been squeaking and greeting him whenever he goes down to their corridors and it really pisses me off. Flirty girls were ALWAYS OUT OF MY LEAGUE. Despite that, I always remind myself not to even bother them and focus on my goal.

 

I was on the locker area when Jiyong came to me.

 

Jiyong: Ya!

 

Dang, he puts up his smile again. Ugh.

 

CL: Hi.

Jiyong: Congrats, CL. Your day is almost up and not even one report from anybody!

CL: ‘course. I’m the b-e-s-t. *puts a smug on my face*

Jiyong: *laughs* Yeah right. So, are you up for a treat??

CL: Ya, I don’t have…

Jiyong: Aniyo, I’ll treat you.

 

He grabbed me by the wrist and we headed out to their car. Breathing hard, he opened the front seat and gestured me to go right in.

 

CL: I don’t sit in front.

Jiyong: Ya, I’ll drive. Psy hyung left me the keys.

CL: Do you even know how to drive???

Jiyong: *grins* I do now.

 

Melted by his smile, I had no choice but to follow him. I took a sit in front and he then took the driver’s seat. He turned up the engine and he held on to the steering wheel. When he was about take-off, he halted and looked at me.

 

CL: Wae?

 

He stared at me without answering. Scrunching my brows, he leans closer to me slowly which basically made me blush like crazy.

 

CL: YA. What are you…

 

He continued leaning closer.

 

CL: YA!

 

When he was about to get really close to me, I closed my eyes desperately. Dang! He’s really something. Aish!

 

Just then I heard something moved from my seat.  When I opened my eyes, his arms were spread across my seat reaching for my seatbelt and he locked it to the other side.

 

Jiyong: Seatbelt…is a must. *smiles wickedly*

CL: Uhm…yeah. Sure.

 

He went back to his seat and he went off. When we were on the way, he opened the radio and a song from the Girls Generation is playing. Unconsciously, I just turned it off.

 

Jiyong: Wae???

CL: Nothing. Those girls remind me of Yoona and her group. Jeez.

 

Then I heard his hearty laugh.

 

Jiyong: Why do you even hate them that much???

CL: Aside from being so flirty when you’re around, others are too many to mention.

 

Oops.

 

Jiyong: Flirty…? When I’m around?  *he looked at me suspiciously*

CL: Uhm…yeah. Haven’t you noticed? *I answered, stammering*

Jiyong: Yaaaa, I didn’t know you were paying that much attention to me. *with a teasing tone*

 

I threw the pillow on my side to his face.

 

Jiyong: YA!

CL: You’re so dreamy. Cut it out!

Jiyong: *laughs* I was just kidding.

 

With his last laugh, I can’t help but to laugh too. Jeez, thinking that I like this guy…I AM SO CRAZY, to even converse with him without being slipped. Sigh.

 

When we got to this restaurant, he immediately ran to my side and opened my door.

 

CL: Ya, I can open it with my hands you know.

Jiyong: It’s my job to keep things my way. *smiles*

 

Trying hard to ignore his melting smile, I looked at the restaurant and I knew that I was dead. Then I gulped, too loud that Jiyong looked at me.

 

Jiyong: Ya, it’s okay. Kaja?

 

As we entered, I can see a lot of elegant people with their formal attires on. Everyone seems so quiet and well-mannered when it comes to dining in. The waiters and waitresses are much formal than me which I find really disturbing, since I’m a customer here now. The place looks like it’s going to explode gems because they all so shine brightly enough for anyone like me to be blinded. 

 

The problem is? I’m not used to this kind of place. It always reminds me of my status in life…that this will always be out of my league. And now…reminds me with the fact that I’m way too different with Jiyong. Jeez.

 

He led me to a table for two and pulled the chair for me to sit in. When we were settled, he smiled at me again.

 

CL: Ya, I can’t even pee at this place! *I said, almost whispering*

Jiyong: Well, this…is part of your training.

CL: Mwo???

Jiyong: Yeah, fine dining is one of the highlights in the prom. *winks*

CL: Do you think I don’t know how to eat?!

Jiyong: *laughs* Aniyo. Eating is different from fine dining.

 

He snapped his fingers so loud that I gestured him to keep it down. Just then, a waiter came and I realized he was calling one. Oh, stupid me. He then ordered meals I didn’t even hear my entire life that I just kept myself stunned by the way he speaks with the waiter. Jeez, when did he ever learn how to speak that…formal? So bossy….but nice? I just realized I was staring at him when he was done dictating orders and gone back looking at me again.

 

Trying to focus my attention back to the topic, I just asked him a question.

 

CL: Erm…why do I need fine dining again?

 

------------------

 

(TOP P.O.V)

 

For the last 2 days, I have managed to sneak Minji out of their house without any worries. Her mother didn’t even notice us leaving with Minji’s suitcase. I guess she’s too drunk to even bother. Now, I’ve decided to let her stay in our turf which of course I know will be a big deal to my brother. Minji hesitated at first but she had no choice. Despite the fact that she’ll be living with my pig brother, she’s more worried to the fact that she’ll live with a house owned by boys. Promising her that she’ll be alright, I led her to our house which is like two streets away from theirs.

 

When we got in, my brother was there and he stared at us like he can’t seem to know what he is going to say.

 

Minji: Good…afternoon. *bows down*

 

My brother just stared at her, almost with his mouth open.

 

TOP: Erm…Minji, he’s my brother…Dongwook.

Minji: Annyeonghaseyo. *bows down again*

TOP: You can sit there for a while *points to our couch*, I’ll give you a drink.

 

She shyly sat on our couch and my brother stood up, coming towards me.

 

Dongwook: Uhm…Minji…right?

Minji: N-ne.

Dongwook: Do you mind if I’ll talk to him for a while?

Minji: I…d-don’t.

 

Dongwook then grabbed me by my sleeves and dragged me all the way to our kitchen, perfectly hiding from Minji’s sight.

 

Dongwook: What the hell are you thinking?!

TOP: I just…

Dongwook: When did you know?!

TOP: About what?

Dongwook: About her pregnancy, of course!

 

I scrunched my brows at him and then hit him on his head. Dang, WHAT IS HE EVEN THINKING?!

 

TOP: YA! She’s not pregnant and we’re not together! Jeez, brother. off!

Dongwook: What??? Then why is she here then???

TOP: She’s a freshman. I helped her escape from her abusing mom and now I offered her our house…for a…uhm, temporary stay.

Dongwook: What do you think about our house? An orphanage???

TOP: Ya. At least I have a heart!

Dongwook: Aigoo. Will that heart even give her food?! How can she manage to stay with us here?? We barely even eat! AISH!

 

When I was about to answer back, Minji stood at the door of our kitchen with an inexpressive face. Weird, I really felt she’s someone I’m familiar to.

 

Minji: Uhm…ahjussi.

Dongwook: AHJUSSI??

Minji: Don’t worry, I will find a way to my own survival here. As to your brother, please don’t nag him. He’s just trying to help.

 

Nervous that my brother would be nagging her as well, he lifted his furious face and sighed like he’s controlling his anger over Minji.

 

Dongwook: Fine. I’ll be expecting you to be independent here. And don’t…

 

Minji then bowed for like 90 degrees to my brother which surprised him as well.

 

Minji: Ne! Thank you ahjussi!

 

Speechless, my brother stammered.

 

Dongwook: Erm..and don’t call me ahjussi! Aish!

 

He scratched his nape and left the two of us in the kitchen.

 

TOP: Ya. Go unpack now, you need to rest.

Minji: Thanks, TOP. *smiles weakly*

TOP: Say, I’ll treat you later. We’ll buy ramen. Araseo?

Minji: Jinjja??? Ne!

 

She showed a smile I’ve never seen before and she walked out from me with a happy mood like she never experienced anyone treating her, her whole entire life. Dang, what a pitiful kid.