Chapter 18: He Can't Give Up

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 18: He Can't Give Up

 

(CL P.O.V)
 

Once they put Jiyong in his own room, he was still unconscious though, I sat on the couch beside the bed just looking at him. I can’t believe he actually survived…I mean, that gunshot was straight right to his spinal…But despite that, I was more thankful that he lived, that he didn’t leave me yet.

 

Giant came in with my clothes on his hands and he handed it to me. I accepted it and lay it on the couch, not wanting to leave Jiyong alone here yet.

 

TOP: Change now. I’ll look out for him.

 

I sighed as I get my clothes and went straight to the washroom to change my clothes full of blood. When I went out, I saw giant standing beside Jiyong, looking at him like I don’t know what he’s thinking.

 

CL: You can go now, I can manage it here.

TOP: I’m not leaving you here.

CL: Giant, I’m fine.

TOP: Ani, you’re not. And my mind’s not going to be in peace unless I know you’ll wake up tomorrow…safely.

 

I looked at him, not believing every word he said.

 

CL: You know what, you’re overreacting. Besides, Jiyong’s fine now. And we’re in a safe place…not in some mart or something.

TOP: But…

CL: And oh, I need you to tell this to Psy sunbae…I think…he needs to know about this. But tell him Jiyong’s fine now.

TOP: I don’t think…that’ll be a good idea…

CL: I know what I’m doing. Just go.

 

He sighed then went out as I commanded him so. Giant can be pretty much useful by his own gullibility. And I’m kind of thankful for him…as he still accepts me and remains loyal to me; despite of all the insults I’ve repaid him. Wow, I really sound like a total . Well, I really am.

 

I’ve lay down on the couch and managed to close my eyes. Jeez, this day was so tiring…so many things happened in just a few hours. After a while, I was fallen into a deep sleep.

 

----------

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

I feel so numb. My system’s awake but I can’t move my body. Like something’s stopping me from opening my eyes up and waking up in reality. What happened anyway??? Why am I imprisoned in my own body? Why can’t I wake up?

 

OH Right…

 

I remember vividly now…I was saving CL out of the scene in the mart when I saw that man pointing his gun towards CL. Thinking of her safety, I immediately went in his way and shielded CL’s body from the shot. Then, BOOM! Blackouts went after.

 

As I tried to open my eyes again, I felt that I just can’t. I also can’t move my body after all those flashbacks from what happened. Am I dead? Certainly not. Well…I think I’m being held or something…but I didn’t know they can force me to not actually blink or even move my body.

 

Just then, I felt something holding my hands. Wait…I think it’s a “someone”. That touch is so familiar but kind of…something new too. That made me be motivated more to actually wake up from this nothingness and see who’s holding me.

 

I tried all my might to fight this random capture of my body, but it feels like my own body’s not allowing me to. I’m feeling that touch again, but this time it’s more like patting me and wiggling my arms intensely.

 

Well, to tell you honestly I am conscious. I am really, really alive that I can feel myself breathing. But…why am I feeling that I’m not yet…alive enough. Like, I’m the verge of waking myself to reality and…

 

….giving up on my body.

 

----------

(TOP P.O.V)

 

As I left CL with Jiyong who’s still unconscious, I felt really uneasy. Like something might happen if I leave them there all alone. Well, I’ve got to trust CL and I think…when she says a thing, she means it. She may be a rebel, but on certain things she can be a girl too, a girl who can look tough on the outside but fragile inside.

 

I went straight to Jiyong’s mansion and looked for Psy hyung. I’m pretty sure they know nothing yet, knowing that they just stay in their house except if Jiyong commands them to go out or something. House rules, I guess. When I pushed their doorbell outside, it rang and I sensed someone coming from the inside. Then I saw Psy hyung coming forwards…

 

Psy: TOP! TOP! TOP! Have you seen master Jiyong??? He has left Miss Bom’s house hours ago but he’s not yet here.

TOP: Erm…he’s in the hospital…

Psy: MWOO???

TOP: Don’t worry; the bullet is out of his body.

Psy: B-b-bullet??? *faints*

 

I caught him by my arms but he was still so heavy, I can’t manage to bring him up. I called for help inside, and Jiyong’s maids went out coming for my rescue.

 

TOP: Whew! Thanks…

Maid1: What happened???

TOP: Just promise me you won’t be fainting.

 

They all looked at each other, puzzled.

 

TOP: Your master is in the hospital. He has been…uhm, shot. But he’s fine now. He has his own room and he’s now resting…I mean sleeping. Yeah.

Maid2: My goodness! What are we going to do?! Mrs. Kwon’s going to kill us!

TOP: Ani! Don’t tell her…uhm, yet. Jiyong…will tell her. Yeah, right.

Maid1: But we have to report everything happening here…

TOP: Aish, do you all want to be fired???

 

They all moved their heads, “NO”.

 

TOP: Good. Then don’t spill out anything yet. He’ll take care of it! Araseo?

Maid1: Ne…but, can we at least visit him?

TOP: That’d be great. CL’s actually there for him, so I think it’ll be better if you guys go there. Uhm…for his extra safety.

 

They all nodded and brought Psy hyung inside the house while I turned away and headed back home. But still…the fact that HongJun actually escaped, still bothers me. I think…I have to find him. Make him pay for all the dirt he stained on us. What an .

 

I called the other recruits to meet me tomorrow and plan for some retaliating. TOP style.

 

------------

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

I peeked in the clock and saw that it’s just 2 hours after I slept. When I checked on Jiyong, he was still sleeping, not moving any part of his body. I stood up from the couch and went beside him, focusing only at him for the first time after a long time I can’t remember.

 

Jiyong has always been the kind looking one. His eyes gives an aura of friendliness, that every curves it make when he smiles, he’s like an angel who’s ready to help you anytime regardless of who you are. His nose, pretty much pointed than mine serves as his some kind of asset to his face, enhancing his features even more. And his smile…the most wide but adorable smile I’ve seen for years, makes you feel like…

 

….You are loved.

 

I’ve always seen Jiyong like that…But I’ve never really paid much attention to it even before. Well, as his best friend who practically lived all my life with him, I think I know him too much that I don’t know whether he is still worth my attention. I mean, can we not make friends with other people too? As I moved on with my perspective of meeting other people, I was pushed into the dark side of life making me realize that NOTHING in this world is worth looking at. Whether they’re your true friends or not. From then on, I’ve acted bitterly to everyone, especially to him. I don’t know…but as soon as I see him before, my day turns out really unlucky. But now seeing him lying in bed because he was trying to save me…my guilt conquered me and made me wake up in reality, where JIYONG actually cared and always had for me even if I bring him trouble as always.

 

CL: Ya. Wake up. You’re sleeping too much already.

 

But he didn’t respond.

 

Just then, I saw the line in that heartbeat machine starting to draw uneven lines very weakly. I may be clueless in clinical terms but I know what that means. It means the heart rate is turning slowly, making the patient experience life and death circumstances.

 

I rang the nurse’s bell repeatedly until there was some entering the room with their machines on hand.

 

Panicking, I wiggled Jiyong’s arms saying to him that HE SHOULD STOP MAKING JOKES NOW. All the nurses pushed me back and they did what they had to do with their revival tool.

 

They’ve stick the two electric pads on to his chest and he sprung up, but still unconscious….

 

--------------