One Down, Many To Go

The Fairytale of the Bad- Female

 

CHAPTER 4: One down, Many To Go

 

We got home, went straight to the kitchen to get some snacks. My stomach’s ing growling already, and Jiyong didn’t give me my allowance yet. Oh, this nerdy kid.

 

Jiyong: You’re too smart, CL.

CL: *smiles proudly* I know. *laughs*

Jiyong: Fine. You got me there earlier, then what?

 

I looked at him, effing confused to what he said.

 

CL: THEN WHAT?

Jiyong: Yeah. Then what?

 

I leaned closer to him, looking at his nerdy face focused this time with my dead cold stare.

 

Jiyong: That isn’t going to work.

CL: You promised. *Still with my dead cold stare*

Jiyong: CL, it’s too dangerous there. Pick anything but not that.

CL: Jiyong. Dangerous is my surname.

Jiyong: Ya. I’m serious. I can give you a condo unit or something for your gang.

CL: CONDO UNIT?! Are you kidding me??? Imagine a “dangerous” gang gathering in condo units…Does that even make sense, huh?

Jiyong: *sighed deeply* Fine. I’ll give you that old storage place for one condition.

 

I looked at him, thinking of what he is up to now.

 

CL: What?

Jiyong: Go to our prom.

 

He really lost it. He’s really, really, really nuts by now.

 

CL: *laughs* Prom??? Me??? What the are you talking about, Jiyong?

Jiyong: Yeah. It won’t hurt. Besides, it’ll be our last one already.

CL: Jiyong. Have you ever seen me in a gay cocktail with gay make-up on a gay event?! Damn! I can’t even imagine it. Jeez.

Jiyong: Fine. No place for you then.

CL: What the??? JIYONG-AH!

Jiyong: I told you, I have conditions. Now, if you can’t do it I can’t give you your wish.

 

He walked away on me, leaving me munching crackers inside the kitchen.

 

Aish. Jiyong’s doing pretty good in getting even now. Just because I outwitted him with my plan, he’s hitting on me using that gay prom! Yuck. If I can’t get that damn place in Jiyong’s way, I’ll get it my way. Yeah, CL style, es.

 

I called up Giant Seunghyun and talked to him in my room, very quietly.

 

CL: Ya. Giant!

TOP: Eo. CL??? Gwenchana???

CL: What? ‘Course I am, you ! I want you to do something for me.

TOP: What is that?

CL: Remember that place I’ve told you before? Check if you can sneak in and report to me if there are any security codes or something. Araseo?

TOP: CL…I don’t think I can do it….

CL: MWO?!

TOP: No, I mean…I’m too big…?

CL: Aish. You dim-witted useless giant! ‘Course you’ll have to find someone to do it for you! Ahhh! Jinjja!

TOP: Ah. Ne. Okay, I understand.

CL: Fine. Report immediately.

 

I hung up. Very often that brainless giant’s really getting in my nerves. He’s just too weak and vulnerable, but luckily he’s pretty gullible to follow anything I ask him to. I don’t really know, if I were him I’d go find myself another gang but I guess he’s that dumb, so it works for me.

 

I looked at my calendar and saw it’s hell day tomorrow. Ugh, how I hate schools. They just never work for me. If it wasn’t for Jiyong’s parents I would be tossing myself away from that crap. I lied down in bed, dozing off as I closed my eyes.

 

-------

 

Jiyong: CL-ssi! Ya! We’re gonna be late!

 

I opened my eyes and saw the effing sunlight shining down on me. As I woke up with Jiyong’s ing voice, I rubbed my eyes and got to the door without even peeking out.

 

Jiyong: What the? Why are you still in your PJ’s?

CL: hm?

Jiyong: Ya. Open your eyes! Ya! *slaps lightly on cheek*

CL: YAAA! *holding his wrist tightly*

Jiyong: ow! Fine. Fine. I’ll just see you in school.

CL: Whatever.

 

I was about to close the door when Jiyong inserted his hand on the doors.

 

CL: What??

Jiyong: Be sure to go to school.

CL: *irritated* I WILL! Now, get the out! *bangs the door loudly*

 

(JIYONG P.O.V)

 

When she banged the door closed, I sighed quietly while hurrying down the stairs. I rode on our Mercedes, and looked out on the window on the whole trip. Psy hyung, our driver, noticing my blank stares then he talked to me and said,

 

Psy: Sajangnim, are you okay?

Jiyong: *shakes up* What? Oh…yeah.

Psy: There must be something bothering you.

Jiyong: Ani…I’m fine.

Psy: Is it madam Chaerin?

Jiyong: *surprised* Hyung, don’t ever speak of that name. She might get mad.

Psy: *smiles* Araseo…you like her that much, eh?

Jiyong: *blushed* Hyung…*looking away*

Psy: I’m not that numb, sajangnim. And I’ve known you ever since you were a child, I saw you grew with her and became awkward to her at times….I’m sorry for barging in, sajangnim but I can’t help but notice it.

Jiyong: Ah…gwenchana. I guess I’m too obvious…

Psy: *chuckles* Aniyo. I’m just sensitive. If there’s anything I can do, please just tell me.

Jiyong: Thank you, hyung. I must go, I’m going to be late.

 

After bowing to him, I went out of the car and ran away thinking I would be late again in my first class.

 

(CL P.O.V)

 

I arrived in school 30 minutes after our first class. I knew our professor in the first subject would nag at me for being late again and I can’t ing take it anymore. She’s not even my mother so she should stop acting like one. As I headed inside our room with our English professor inside, I didn’t even bother greeting him. I sat in Jiyong’s side and laid down my head on the table.

 

Professor Sean: CL?

 

I ignored our professor’s annoying voice.

 

Jiyong: *whispers* CL! Professor is calling you.

 

I ignored his annoying voice too.

 

Professor Sean: Lee Chaerin?! *standing up*

 

As I heard my effing name, I lifted my head up looking at our professor with my dead cold stare.

 

Professor Sean: LEE CHAERIN.

CL: *stands up irritatingly*

Jiyong: Ya. CL! *holds her wrist*

CL: *unclasps from him and mouthed, “ OFF”*

 

Professor Sean: Chaerin.

CL: You didn’t have to blurt out my name thrice, Jinusean.

Professor Sean: You’re late again. Take your seat and it’s, PROFESSOR for you CL.

CL: *smirks* Like I care.

Professor Sean: Take your seat.

 

I took my seat, sighing irritatingly. I laid my head down again to go back to sleep so that I could not hear his annoying voice again. But Jiyong keeps on patting me repeatedly so I decided to move my seat away from his reach.

 

After a few minutes, when trying to put my lazy to sleep, I heard no voice explaining in English anymore. Maybe he excused himself or something. I don’t care. Just then, I sensed someone standing on my side and when I looked up, I was right. Jinusean’s standing in front of me.

 

Professor Sean: CL. Can’t you hear me speaking?

CL: Are you calling me deaf?

Professor Sean: Then why are you sleeping in my class?

CL: Let me see. Why do students sleep in class? Maybe because…they’re too sleepy and, you’re too boring? Am I right, Jinusean?

 

The class started snickering.

 

Professor Sean: I admire your sarcasm, Chaerin…

CL: It’s CL for you. *with my dead cold stare*

Professor Sean: *looked at me intently* Please, seat down and at least don’t bow down your head. It’s distracting me.

 

Did I ever tell you I’m allergic to the word, ‘Please’? As I looked at him expressionless, I kicked my table forwards, leaving away our classroom. This isn’t getting what I want. I want to sleep and his voice is so boring it can put me to sleep easily. That simple, he’s just too dumb to realize it.

 

I stopped in my tracks when Jinusean raised his voice on me,

 

Professor Sean: This will be the last time you’re calling me Jinusean. I’m dropping you out, Lee Chaerin.

 

As I smiled widely when I heard him, I looked back at him showing my proud smug.

 

CL: *bowed 90 degrees* MY PLEASURE. *smiles widely*

 

I walked down the hallway, whispering…

 

CL: 1 down, many more annoying elders to go.

 

---------

 

(Jiyong P.O.V)

 

She’s crazy. When she walked away in our classroom, Professor Sean continued his discussion like nothing happened. Professor has been so considerate of CL, but I guess she just pushed him too hard earlier. She’s been calling him in his true name ever since our first day and he didn’t even complain about it. He’s too kind and unfortunately, he’s been CL’s victim.

 

I can’t seem to focus on our class so I just stared out the window until he dismissed us. When I was fixing my things, I heard professor calling my name.

 

Professor Sean: Jiyong.

Jiyong: Eo…yes, professor?

 

I walked towards his table and saw his face full of worry.

 

Professor Sean: I can see you know Chaerin.

Jiyong: She’s my…best friend actually.

Professor Sean: That’s odd. She’s a complete opposite of you.

Jiyong: *smiles embarrassingly* Uhm, I get that a lot.

Professor Sean: Give me a favour, will you?

Jiyong: What…is that, professor?

Professor Sean: I’m worried about CL’s actions. She’s smart and I noticed that even then, but other teachers see her as the black sheep. Will you help her?

Jiyong: Believe me, Professor. I’ve been doing it all my life.

Professor Sean: Hmm, I’d like to know more if that’s okay…Come to my office with me.

Jiyong: Uhm…Okay, sir.

 

We went out of the room, with me following his lead in his office.

 

------

(CL P.O.V)

 

As I was looking for my recruits around school, I saw Jiyong walking in the hallway. Perfect timing! I’m starving already. I was about to call him when I saw he’s been following Jinusean all the way to his office. Raising my eyebrows up, I didn’t even bother to call that nerd.

 

CL: That nerdy , he won’t stop will he? Trying to frame me up again, huh? Damn.

 

Just then I heard Giant Seunghyun’s voice. This better be good news.

 

TOP: Ya. CL.

CL: Why are you here?

TOP: Jeez. I go to school too, in case you don’t know.

 

I spanked his head, real hard.

 

TOP: Ow! Jeez.*scratches his head*

CL: That’s for being rude, .

TOP: *makes face* anyway, I have good news.

CL: You got in?

TOP: Not me, actually I…

CL: . Just get to the point.

TOP: Yeah. No securities. Just an old storage alright.

CL: Ha. That was easy, start packing up our gang and tell them meet me there tonight. We’ll be celebrating in our new hide-out. *smiles*

TOP: What for?

CL: You’ll see. For now, gather them up. Those who won’t come, I’ll hunt them instead. You got me, big guy?

TOP: Sure.

 

I walked ahead and peeked again at the hallway Jiyong and Jinusean passed by. He’s really doing everything to bring me down, eh? Fine. If he wants war, I’ll give him war.

 

-------

(TOP P.O.V)

 

When CL went away, I touched my head where she spanked it real hard. It really hurt, I thought. But somehow I wanted it so badly, it’s really one of the ways where she gets in touch with me…yeah, by hitting or spanking or punching…oh, you get the picture. It may be pathetic as it sounds but I like getting attention from her even if it’s in the hard way. You see, I’ve always admired her. She’s a one of a kind girl who’s really tough and can live with a gang life too as much as I do.

 

But here’s the catch. She has JIYONG. She lives with him and basically gives her everything she wants, which I can’t. Me? I’m a 200-pound GIANT who CL thinks as her loyal forever dumb-o right hand and gives her endless headaches. So much for a potential rival, huh?  Compared to that nerdy kid, I’m still nothing.

 

When I was deep in my thoughts, Seunghyun, our new recruit came rushing over me.

 

Seunghyun: HYUNG!

 

I looked at him and ignored him.

 

Seunghyun: Yaaa. You don’t remember me?

TOP: Shut up.

Seunghyun: I’m Seungri! You’re newest recruit! *saluted*

TOP: Like I ing care?

Seunghyun: Kyaaaa. I really admire your language. CL sajangnim and you always say “” in your every sentence. That’s soooo, cool.

TOP: If you’re not that dumb, I’d like you to go with your fat away from me.

Seunghyun: Anything for you, TOP Hyung! *grins and was about to go away*

TOP: Ya. Wait.

Seunghyun: WAE??? *excitedly came back*

TOP: Do something for me, will ya?

Seunghyun: I’m listening!

TOP: Gather all recruits tonight and meet me in the old storage I told you yesterday. 10 pm, sharp. You understand?

Seunghyun: All recruits. Old storage. 10 pm. I’m on it!

TOP: Right. Now, shoo.