Dinner with the team

Fated...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Youngbae would be running late for his dinner date with Marge and her friends. He didn’t know his schedule would take longer. Worried, he called Marge to tell her.

“Chaigiya, are you on your way?” He asked, he could hear men laughing at the background, he assumed those where her friends.

“Hey babe, yeah we are on our way. You?” she asked.

He could hear jesting cheer’s on the background. “Mianhe, I will be running late, just tell the guy that there is a reservation for Youngbae and Marge.” He said. He made the reservations under both their names.

“Oh Ok.” She said, “If you are busy you really don’t have to bother at all.” She said.

“Aniyo, I will be there, just a little bit late.” He promised.

“Arasseo.” She said. “Well let me not hold you up any more. See you later,” she said.

“Neh, Anyeong chagiya, saranghae.” He said.

“Yeah, I love you to, bye.”  She said and hang up.

---------------------------

Marge and her friends arrive at the restaurant, she informed the waitress about their reservation and she smiled warmly and escorted them to their booth.

“Youngbae-ssi called and said he will be late aghassi.” The server informed them once they were settled.

“Ah yes, he called me as well, thank you.” she said and bowed politely. The server left them to themselves until they are ready to place an order.

“So Marge when will we meet this boyfriend of yours?” Robin, the senior of the group asked.

“He is running late, he got caught up with work.” She explained. “Hmm, What do you guys want to eat?” she ask them looking at the menu herself.

“Well, they all seem to look nice and interesting, but were not familiar with this stuff so why don’t you just order for us.” Robin said.

“Yeah that is a better idea.” Romeo, another senior of Marge added. “So he is late, tsk tsk. Not a good sign. Is he always like this?”

“Yah! Be nice to him, he is busy, and to answer your question, no!” she said.

“So how long have you been dating?” Earl asked.

“two months.” She replied, she just got a text message from Youngbae telling her he is on his way. “Okay he is on his way,” she informed the group.

“Hey be nice.” She warned her friends.

“What made you think we are not nice?” Robin asked innocently.

“I have been with you for six years, so I know what is on your mind.” She said as the entire group sniggered.

“Well, you know us, so you are perfectly aware that there is no way to stop us.” John teased.

The food they order already arrived and since they ordered samgyeopsal, they already started grilling the meat and started having some soju shots.

Youngbae arrived forty five minutes later, to be honest, he was excited and anxious to meet her friends. The server escorted Youngbae to their booth, he bowed politely to her friends and kissed Marge on the cheek, which received awkward coughing from her friends as a jest, she shot playful death glares at her friend.

“Everyone this is Youngbae, my boyfriend.” Marge said looking sharply at her friends who where hiding sniggers at the word boyfriend. “Bae this are seniors and coaches, Sir Robin, and Sir Romeo, and my teammates Earl and John.

The seniors all extend their hand in polite greeting while the other two wave and then and bowed their head slightly.

“Nice to finally meet you.” Robin said. “So you manage to snag the last single girl left in our club huh!” he said.

“Youngbae smiled. “I am grateful.” He said.

“Oh don’t be, she is a nurse, never date a nurse!” John said, “In our team we stay away from people like her!” he said jokingly.

Marge just stuck her tongue out at John’s remark.

“Aniyo, I think she is perfect!” he said and helped her grill the meat. “Have you guys been here long?” he asked, “Sorry I was late.”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter