Out with Dr. Kim

Fated...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Unnie, we just got a call, there will be trauma patient arrivng in 7 minutes suspected MI, here is the details.” Hyejung said to Marge the moment she got back from her break.

“Araso, so did you refer to the cardiologist on duty?” Marge asked.

“Ani, but I informed Our ER doctor,” she said.

“Excuse me Doctor Hwang, but do you want me to refer it to the cardiologist on call. Since we already know that the trauma patient is suffering from MI we might as well have him on standby if his not busy.” Marge said to their medical clerk on duty.

“Oh that would be great. Please do. I still have to do some suturing, I’ll assist the cardiologist once I am done. Good call Marge ssi.”

“Neh, no problem I will refer it right away.” She replied and phoned the cardiologist department and ask them to page for the cardiologist on call to come to the emergency room. Just as Marge hang up the phone rang again. They have another patient coming in, suffering from cardiac arrest. She informed her ER medical clerk about it and decides to divide the tam in half, since both patients are expected to arrive only a few minutes apart, she got her team to ready the things they might use. Dr. Kim got the page and head to the ER.

“Hey, you page?” he said smiling at Marge.

“Yeah, two MI coming this way, two minutes apart.” She said calmly.

“Where is the Medical clerk on duty?” he asked.

“He is suturing up a patient just now, he will be done shortly.” She said, “there are two groups already to man two different patients.” She said.

“Wow, you are prepared,” he said, but they both turn their head at the entrance when they heard the ambulance siren. “Showtime!” he said winking at her.

The patient came in and shortly after followed by the next patient.

“Your trained in ACLS, can you assess him and refer to him, I’ll give you orders while I try and stabilize this one.” Hyun Bin told Marge, she followed his orders and took care of the patient as she deemed necessary following some orders from Doctor Kim. The emergency room despite the rush of patients run smoothly. Dr. Hwang finishes in time and helped with Doctor Kim. It wasn’t long before both patients were stabilized and transported to the ICU.

“That went smooth.” Dr. Hwang said to the team. “I was expecting the ER to be all panicky but everybody was calm.”

“Unnie got us assigned task before the patients came in so we were pretty much on a roll and we knew what we were supposed to do.” Hyejung said. “Unnie you are always organize. I would have panicked, I was actually panicking when I got the call.”

Marge just smiled, “Well it is normal to be surprised but we should learn to think quickly. If we panic it will be chaotic and we won’t be effective, and since we had a cardiologist on calm it’s best if we had one around since it was MI saves us running some test.” She said to her team.

“That is true, really is a good call, and you and Dr. Kim had great rapport.” Dr. Hwang commented.

“Well, we worked together at the medical mission so I got to know his style.” She replied honestly.

After her shift was finished Marge was heading off to the exit. Colleen had a dental appointment so she took the car Marge decided to take the bus home instead, Dr. Kim spotted her standing the bus stop and stopped.

“Hey, where’s your car?” He asked her.

“Colleen is taking it, Well UJ is working afternoon so he needs the car for tonight!” she said smiling.

“Hop in! I will take you where you are going?” he said and stepped out of his car to open the car door for her.

“Aniya, I am not going home yet anyway. I feel like strolling Cheonggyecheong.” She smiled at him.

“Well, I'll drop you off then, come on. Now please I insist,” he said as he open the car door for her.

“I really don’t want to impose.” She said not moving.

“Come on!” he said taking her by the hand, ushering her inside. He closed the car door after Marge and drove off. “So what are you doing in Cheonggyecheon? Meeting your boyfriend?” Hyun Bin .

Marge laughed at the idea, sure she would take Youngbae to such a crowded place. “Aniya, I just wanted to go out for a stroll, I have been caught up with work so much this past few weeks I might get burnt out.” She said honestly.

“I see,” he said. “Is something bothering you at work?” he asked looking at her sideways to see her expression.

“No, there is nothing, it’s just the schedule has been jam packed that’s all.” She said.

“Well, I heard you, Colleen, and some of the other nurses are going to Japan anytime soon. I bet you that is exciting.” He said smiling at her.

“Yeah, I am looking forward to it actually, hey why are you still in the hospital anyway, weren’t you supposed to finished your shift earlier?” she asked remembering the time and Hyun Bin is still in the hospital.

“Well, I still had to make sure that the patient we admit earlier is stable so I lingered a bit, making sure everything was ok” he said.

“Hey, I am hungry maybe we should just grab some snack together, there is this great coffe shop that I frequent whenever I am near here.” Hyun Bin said. “I know you are a coffee-holic!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter