Always

Fated...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hurry up!” Rina as expected was nagging the entire group. “Why did you guys decide to drink last night, you knew we need to wake up early this morning!”

“Don’t even deny it. I saw the beer bottles!” she told Colleen who was about to argue. “Palyi, I got this sorted out already just grab your bags and were ready. Where is Marge?” she asked.

“Here!” Marge said wearing an oversize sunglasses, “I already loaded some of the stuff last night, you just need to load your bags, hurry, I’ll be in the parking lot.” She said as she walked outside.

“Hey you guys! Five minutes in the parking lot, Stat!” Rina added and followed Marge.

“Araso!” Colleen yelled.

“Told you she’ll be nagging us.” May said as the rest head to the parking lot.

It wasn’t long before the group was on the road to meet up the rest of the team.

“Why are you using sunglasses at this time of the day. It’s barely sunrise.” Rina said looking at Marge. “Can you still see through the tint between your sunglasses and the car?” she asked concerned.

Marge laughed. “Yeah of course!” she said. “I wasn’t able to sleep properly last night. i got some eyecream that will help with the swelling I will remove it once we are in the hospital.” She said, it is true she wasn’t able to sleep last night, she kept thinking on how and when to tell youngbae.

“You guys shouldn’t have drank last night. I got aspirin for any hangover!” Rina said.

“We don’t get hangover remember?!” Marge said earning laughter from the rest.

“Yeah, and besides it was just one bottle each Mother Rina!” UJ teased. “I could use some coffee though. I need more than a cup!”

“Yeah me too!” May added, “mind if we detour a bit?!”

“Coffee stop! Coming up!” Marge said.

“yah let’s get those canned coffee!” Colleen said, “Hon, stop by that ministop, I’ll go get some coffee in cans!” she added excitedly.

Marge pulled over and remembered the ministop. It was the convenient store she and Youngbae pulled over on their first date when Youngbae was getting them coffee. Marge was feeling queasy on the inside, all the talk from last night was taking its tow on her.

“Okay! Got some coffee for all of us coffee maniacs!” Colleen said as she passed coffee to everyone.

“Yah, can you please turn the radio on! It is so boring!” Uj said to Rina who was seated at the front beside Marge.

“It’s on Korean radio station.” Rina said turning the radio on and a Korean song played.

“We’ll we are in Korea aren’t we?” May joked, "wait I’ll try and find my ipod."

“Stop, listen!” Said Uj as he pointed at car radio, “That is Youngbae’s voice.”

Although Marge and Youngbae had been dating she never really listened to his songs, or even BigBang’s song for that matter, the song that was playing was one of their old song Always.

“Wow, that was a really nice and meaningful song. Whoever composed that must be really romantic.” Rina said.

“Yeah, probably,” Marge said. Did the song just express her feeling for Youngbae, and her fear of losing Youngbae if she told him that she is leaving in eleven months time, will he forgive him for not telling him ahead of time. All this was running in Marge’s mind that she forgot to make the turn for the hospital parking lot.

“Ahm, Marge, there must be a lot on your mind.” Uj said calmly earning stares from May, and Colleen.

“Wae?” she asked still driving.

“You missed the turn for the hospital parking lot.

It was then that Marge realized her mistake. She always take long drives when she needs to think and this time she really needs it, she forgot her turn, but she pretend like everything was ok and as if nothing happened and come up with an excuse.

“I didn’t, I wanted to get some pineapple juice for the trip. So were having a detour at a convenient store.” She said as she pulled over seeing a convenient store.

“What’s wrong with the one near our hospital?” Rina asked.

“I don’t like it, so you want me to get you anything?” Marge asked as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

“I’ll come with you. So orders?” Uj asked the group.

“Sandwich! Yeah I am starving!” May said. “Oh water as well!”

Both Uj and Marge head inside the convenient store. UJ knew that Marge was deep in thoughts.

“Girl, tell me you overshoot didn’t you?” Uj friend.

“I didn’t, I wanted some juice.” She said and grab one, “May wanted some water right? Maybe we should get some for others as well, You should go pick up your stuff.” She said and ignored UJ’s comments.

“The dark glasses, the silent treatment, the way you drive. Seriously, you are thinking about last night conversation aren’t you?” Uj insisted.

“Yah, I can’t focus on it for now. Stop pushing it. You want me to write the wrong stuff later?” she said as they approached the counter.

“Can I have 2 packets of cigarettes please.” Marge told the guy.

“Yep, you are stressed alright.” Uj said, “Make it five, it will be a long weekend, don’t worry the other three are for me, Colleen, and May.” He added smirking at Marge.

They head back inside the car and went to the parking lot where they were supposed to meet. There weren’t that much people yet, so Marge decided to stay inside their van and wait till later to join the group while the rest of friends chatted with the others.

“Hey! You guys are 30 minutes early, I am impressed” Doctor Kim Hyun Bin said to UJ.

“Well, Rina was nagging us to get up this morning. And we got Marge, she hates being late.” He said as he tilted his at her direction.

“Is she OK?” Dr. Kim asked, “why isn’t she joining us here?”

“Oh yeah she’s fine.” UJ lied, she knew Marge needed some alone moment. “ she is just sorting her eye makeup. You know us girls we need to always look pretty.”

“We’ll she didn’t need that much make-up she is already pretty.” Doctor Kim said looking at Marge’s direction.

Marge was typing, deleting and retyping a morning greeting for Youngbae. She wanted to greet her goodmornig but she wanted to keep her distance to him as well, then Colleen message Marge instead her phone vibrated in her hand surprising her. She checked the message and it was from Colleen “GET YOUR BUT OUT HERE NOW! Your starting to make yourself look like an out casted weirdo! GET OUT OF THE CAR!”

Marge checked her eye and make sure it wasn’t puffy and stepped out and joined her friends. It wasn’t long before they head for the bus that would take them to their trip.  Inside the bus Marge took the window seat but UJ sat beside May who was seated behind her, while Rina sat with Colleen. Doctor Kim was the last to get on the bus there were no other spaces available near the front beside Marge so he asked if he could sit beside her.

“Miss Perez, you don’t mind if I sit here do you?” he asked smiling at her.

“Oh!” she said she didn’t notice that her friends were all paired up and UJ and Colleen was smirking behind her.

“Oh of course she doesn’t mind, after all you’re the doctor the head of this medical team it is just proper for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter