The Competition

Story Of Us

Due to some unknown reasons, the competition was being postponed until February. Taeyeon and Wooyoung were more than glad to know about it because they needed time to practice for their performance. Luckily the dancing competition and singing competition held at the same place but different floor.

 

The only thing that they should take care of was about Taeyeon's schedule. What time was she going to have her singing performance and what time her dancing performance was held.

 

"Please, please. Don't let it be at the same time!" She prayed as cold sweats break on her forehead.

 

She was currently waiting on her bed, scrolling on her laptop which was displaying the school's website. The announcement for her schedule, and also everybody else was going to be displayed just in a matter of minute. And she really needed to know it. ASAP. She could feel agitation rising in her body as she waited.

 

The girls were also in the room, waiting together with her with the same anxiety. All of them were almost melting into a puddle because of the thick tension. Ironically, the air conditioner was working.

 

"Stop fidgeting! You're making me doing the same!" Tiffany scolded Yoona.

 

Yoona whimpered.

 

"Don't be so grumpy, Fany." Jessica rolled her eyes. "It's not like you're going into the competition, right?"

 

Tiffany shot a look at Jessica. "What are you implying?"

 

"I'm not implying anything. I'm just saying, that probably you don't have to be that worried!" Jessica rose up from her the sofa she was currently sitting at.

 

"Can't I be worried for my friend?" Tiffany spat.

 

"ENOUGH!" Taeyeon's voice boomed fiercely.

 

Was worrying about this schedule wasn't enough? Taeyeon almost wanted to throw the two troublemakers out from her house immediately. The thought was tempting.

 

Jessica and Tiffany backed away quickly to their spot before. They knew how fierce Taeyeon would be when she was agitated. And they were really wrong anyway, for fighting over something stupid.

 

Something popped out on the website and Taeyeon shouted, "It's out! It's out!"

 

The girls surrounded her, trying to take a glimpse on the website. They were pathetically trying to look for their own name, and at the same time, looking for Taeyeon. Hers was more important anyhow.

 

"OHH. Taeyeon, your dance competition is scheduled on 3 PM!"

 

"Taeyeon unnie, your singing competition is scheduled on 3. 05 PM!"

 

Both Hyoyeon and Seohyun shouted at the same time.

 

The room suddenly fell into a deep silence... and Taeyeon's soul left her body.

 

"....Taeng?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Don't be so nervous." Teacher BoA advised at Taeyeon and Junsu.

 

They were on backstage, waiting for their turn to perform.

 

<-- (This is what Taeyeon and Wooyoung wore. I'm at clothes description, so don't expect me too... although I could write fluffy black... um okay, that's it. I'm officially doomed because lackness of fashion knowledge. And I don't bother to put Junsu's performance clothes)

 

"Why are you wearing black clothes, Taeyeon?" Teacher BoA raised an eyebrow at her. She had just noticed what her student was wearing. "And why are you in beige color, Junsu?"

 

Taeyeon and Junsu looked at each other, nudging each other to tell an excuse.

 

"We decided to be different." Junsu came with an excuse. "Instead of wearing the same color, we came up with the plan of opposite color."

 

"And how exactly her outfit fit the song?" Teacher BoA raised an eyebrow, obviously not buying the lie.

 

"The point is," Taeyeon decided to speak up, "I'm wearing something instead singing , alright?"

 

When she realized what she had just said, she immediately reddened and ducked away from BoA's fierce glare.

 

"What did you say!?"

 

"Nothing! Nothing!" Taeyeon hid behind Junsu quickly, glancing at Kahi.

 

BoA rolled her eyes irritatedly as she grabbed Taeyeon's arm and hit it lightly. "What a rude student. Talk to a teacher that way."

 

"Sorry, ssem." Taeyeon laughed awkwardly.

 

"You better be." Then she narrowed her eyes on Taeyeon, "And I wish you didn't lie about the opposite color things. I knew you had a dance competition after this with Wooyoung."

 

Taeyeon's eyes widen. "HOW!?"

 

"Your name on the list." BoA rolled her eyes.

 

"...right."

 

Suddenly the current performance had done and the lights had switched off so that there was only a single light for the MC.

 

"Presenting Kim Taeyeon and Kim Junsu!" The MC shouted and BoA pushed the two on stage.

 

"Do your best! I'm putting all my efforts on you two!" BoA scowled but a hint of proud was in her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

"Ohmygosh! We're late! We're late!" Hyoyeon squeaked as she ran towards the building.

 

"Hyo, slow down. My leg's hurt." Junho complained.

 

"Oh right." Hyoyeon giggled as she turned back and held his arm. "But Taeyeon is going to kill us if we're late! One of our-"

 

"deal with her was that we came on time to her and Wooyoung performance." Junho finished.

 

"That's right!" Hyoyeon said, proceeding to walk faster, but slow enough so that Junho didn't hurt.

 

"And beside. We got five minutes left." Junho calmly said.

 

They arrived at the venue and Hyoyeon showed the guard her ticket. They walked in and immediately spotted their group of friends sitting right in the middle of the seat row, and some didn't have the occupant.

 

"You're here! Finally!" Sunny said in relief as she waved them over. "Seohyun just texted me. She'll be here any minute. Her performance had finished."

 

"She's coming alone."

 

Sunny grinned. "That I'm not sure."

 

Hyoyeon just grinned back knowingly as she settled down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh my God! I couldn't believe they had to hold us back! I'm ruined!" Taeyeon grumbled as she hurriedly went out from the backstage, rushing towards the exit.

 

"Good luck, Taeng!" Junsu shouted.

 

Taeyeon went towards the elevator, but the damn thing was too slow for her to wait. She rolled her eyes, taking a u-turn to the emergency exit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Where is she!?" Kahi shouted furiously.

 

Wooyoung was waiting with Kahi nervously. He knew about Taeyeon's schedule and prayed that no matter what, she could make it to this dance competition. Or not.... they're going to be killed by Kahi.

 

The heard the booming voice on stage stopped and Wooyoung broke into cold sweat as his eyes widen. Please tell me it's not... please tell me the previous competitor hasn't finished yet...

 

"WE PRESENT KIM TAEYEON AND JANG WOOYOUNG!!!!!" The MC said loudly.

 

Kahi bit her lips preventing herself from shouting. "You go first. If she's not coming, you have to perform alone."

 

Crap.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wooyoung walked out to the stage dreadedly, his heart was jumping in anxiety. The blinding flash of light hit his eyes and he squinted his eyes for a while before standing in the middle.

 

The MC walked up to him. "Solo or couple dance?"

 

Before he could reply, the double door opened, revealing a panting petite girl.

 

"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPP RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!!!" Despite her petite body, her loud voice boomed at the quiet room.

 

Wooyoung looked shock, but quickly straightened up. "I'm doing couple dance. And that's my partner." He grinned goofily as his voice was heard loud and clear through the speaker.

 

Taeyeon ran towards the stage as fast as possible and positioned herself beside him. She took a deep final breath to calm her jumpy heart. The MC left the stage and cue them to start.

 

"Took you long enough." Wooyoung murmured before they got into positioned.

 

"If only you know what I got through." She replied.

 

"Well, let's do our best now."

 

"As always." She smiled.