Pretending

Story Of Us

Taeyeon's POV

 

Wooyoung told me that his mother is missing me. And truth to be told, I miss her as well. She just like my own mother already; I could feel the attachment. But it's getting harder to pretend be in love with her son.

 

Because the feeling might be real.

 

*shivers*

 

So, after the school ended, I follow Wooyoung stealthily and go to his car that park in the empty next building beside the school. Ever since I pretended to become his girlfriend, he parked his car there, so that I don't have to feel anxious of people catching me with him. He's very considerate, actually, if we weren't enemies, I would've thought of it.

 

I go inside his car and put the seat belt on as he goes in to the driver's seat. He sits down and starts the engine. We aren't talking; we have no topic to talk about. This is weird and totally strange, I know it. But I couldn't open my mouth and say something convincing that we're okay. I just have the feeling that everything I will say to him will be replied with cold shoulder. And I hate it.

 

Five minutes later, he speaks up; probably couldn't get a control for his blabbering mouth. "Let's start pretending to be a good couple."

 

I frown at him even though he couldn't see it. "Don't you think I have been a good girlfriend enough? Your mother loves me; no doubt."

 

"Yes, but I guess she has a feeling we're slipping off." He stated.

 

"And then?" I ask. "We weren't a real couple to begin for. If we're over, it wouldn't leave any feelings right?" It was hurt to say those cold words. But I can't take back what I say.

 

His face becomes pale and his jaw tighten. "I know." He says through gritted teeth.

 

The rest of the road was silent.

 

"Taeyeonnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!" Nicole's voice blasted in the front door. "I've missed you!!!!!!!!!"

 

I chuckled at her enthusiasm. I really like her. Really. And the thought of hurting her was really sad.

 

"I missed you too, Omonim." I said and hugged her.

 

Soon, we are already walking around like mom and daughter in the mall. We stop by some shops to buy clothes and accessories. It's really nice and great. After buying some dresses, she asked me whether we could have a coffee first or not. I chuckled; thinking it's absurd for her to ask me about it.

 

"Of course we can, omonim. Where do you want to have coffee?"

 

Nicole looked around. "How about that coffee shop?"

 

She pointed one on our left. I nodded and we went there.

 

After ordering a cup of coffee for her and a glass of orange juice for me, we talked and talked. It's really how I usually talk to my mom. I'm so elated........until I think of him.

 

He's really ruining my mood. When I thought of his face, there's always an annoying and disturbing thumping in my heart that I'm sure I hate. I've read a lot of love story and I know what they usually write:

 

"My heart began to thump loudly when I thought of him....."

 

Blah. Even though it's true that my heart thump loudly, there's a chance that I might have a slight heart disease and since I'm still young, the disease didn't show much. Seriously, I must've those kind of heart diseases or whatsoever, because there's no way I have feeling for him.

 

"Eh, Taeng?"

 

My eyes widen when I heard the familiar voice.

 

Oh, god.... don't tell me......

 

I turned around and saw Hyoyeon without her dorky glasses. Hyoyeon is actually a very fashionable person, but when it comes to school, she just turns to be a nerd and she's proud of it. I'm not in the right of talking or telling her on what to do anyway.

 

But please, even so, why do I have to meet one of my friends??

 

"Oh, hey, Hyo." I greeted rather awkwardly.

 

Hyoyeon nodded and her eyes traveled to Nicole. Her eyes widen. "Omo, ahjumma!"

 

Nicole's eyes shone in realization to Hyoyeon. "Omo, Hyoyeon!" She said loudly.

 

.....

 

.......

 

...........

 

WHAT THE !? They know each other!? HOW COME!?

 

I felt sweat beads running out from my forehead and my back. Gosh, this is so awkward right now. How to get out from this situation???

 

After the "I-miss-you' and 'How-are-you', Hyoyeon turned her head to me and then back to Nicole. "But ahjumma, how can you know Taeyeon?"

 

"Oh, you know her too?" Nicole asked with much enthusiasm.

 

Hyoyeon nodded eagerly.

 

"She's Wooyoung girlfriend!" Nicole proudly stated and I felt my crash down.

 

.

 

Now the lion is out from the cage.

 

 

It took precisely five minutes to bring out Hyoyeon out from the cafe and excused myself from Nicole; saying we have to go to restroom. She was nearly shouting in shock and I barely made it to bring her out from there. Her eyes was glaring at me widely. Oh boy, what am I getting myself into? *wondering*

 

Once we're out from the cafe's range, I looked at my friend apologetically. "I have somethng to tell you. Can you promise not to leak this secret?" I asked her meekly. "Please?"

 

"Based on what the secret is." Hyoyeon replied smartly.

 

"Look, Hyo, I wasn't going to lie to you or our friends, but I have to." I told her seriously. "About me and Wooyoung being an item.... is fake." I honestly said and looked down. I can't look right into my friend's eyes. This is seriously nerve-wracking. "I kind of forget when it started, but he asked me to be his fake girlfriend because his mother kept bugging him on going out with her friend's daughter. He was tired and somehow came up with that stupid plan." I sighed. "And I forgot what make me agreed with that stupid plan." I told her.

 

She looked like she's trying to digest the whole inside. "So..... are you saying that this is a fake relationship?"

 

I nodded. "But I never want to hurt omonim..." I said sadly. "I kind of fond of her already. Eottokhe?" I asked her.

 

"Ahjumma is a very nice person. I won't let you or even Wooyoung himself to hurt her." Hyoyeon declared. "And I am his cousin by the way."

 

Oh...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

Just how long more that this secret has to keep on going?

 

 

Wooyoung's POV

 

It's been five days, eight hours, twenty four minutes, and five seconds after the last time I talked to Taeyeon. After that day she went shopping with my mom and I drove her home; we haven't able to talk ever since. She was suddenly busy with this extracurricular clubs and stuffs. Seriously, is this her way to avoid me?

 

Well, it's obviously not working, because I just become more and more addicted to her. There's this unsatisfied feeling if I didn't see her for the day and it's constantly bugging the hell out of me. And I don't know what to do...like for real.

 

Though she did what I hope, I still feel that it's wrong, you know. The tinsy bit little feeling are there, in my heart, permanently graze in my heart. It's the feeling I can't lie about. I know there's a feeling for her from me deep down, but remembering back that statement of the year from her made me think twice. She, however, didn't do anything wrong.

 

It was fake to begin with. Those happy memories were never real. They were just to be kept deep inside, not to be shown off. It's sad anyhow. I am not going to lie that I have no feelings for her. Nah, I'm not going to do it.

 

I just have a lot to think, that's all.

 

Huff.

 

I hope I can make everything's alright.

 

 

Siwon's POV

 

Hmm, it's been long already since I come out. *rubbed my chin*

 

Anyhow, that's not the point I'm coming out here right now.

 

I love Tiffany, that's obvious, right? But every time I went out with her, all she talks about is Wooyoung this and Wooyoung that....

 

seriously, it's annoying.

 

No, she is definitely not annoying.

 

What annoying is the word 'Wooyoung' coming out from . Now that Taeng has known about that, she wasn't going to give up and she'll pursue him for real. But I do notice that this guy named Wooyoung does not give any supportive ideas of him liking Tiffany back.

 

Heck, he seems like he doens't even have a bit feeling for her.

 

I know I should be angry and throw tantrum... but seeing her in her most beautiful smiles when talking about Wooyoung sure washed those away. She was so adorable and kind; it's hard not to like this woman. But why does the damn Wooyoung not look at her?

 

And that's when I found out.

 

*Don't tell anyone, this is a secret*

 

One rainy day, I was driving to Taeyeon's school to fetch Tiffany and passed by this old abandoned building. I didn't know what made me, but I turned my head to look at the building, and saw a car park there. It wasn't even a second before Wooyoung and Taeyeon running to the said car.

 

I felt my blood rushing off my head, leaving me pale and sick.

 

Did. Taeyeon. just. run. to. that. car. together. with. Wooyoung. ?

 

The guy that Tiffany pursues?

 

Tiffany did mention to me that she told Taeyeon about that and totally relieved when Taeyeon didn't get mad at her. But what was that?

 

I rubbed my eyes, totally disbelieving what I just saw.

 

Taeyeon did not just....

 

Did she.....?

 

Was she playing with Tiffany!?

 

I felt myself angry of the thought.

 

Didn't she know her bestfriend like the guy? Then why Taeng.......?

 

Even if she is my cousin, this is a very shameful act. She shouldn't!

 

I gripped on the wheel tighten and left the place; unable to watch longer. I might can go there and yank her away, and shout at her.

 

For now....

 

 

 

I should just keep this for myself.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone! Sorry for not able to update faster. There was a slight problem of the internet. But luckily, it is alright now :D