Dilemma

Story Of Us

Wooyoung was worried.

 

No, worried is understatement. The girl he cares so much avoided him. Yes, Wooyoung has finally come to a conclusion that he will do everything for Taeyeon means that he felt something for her, but still, he was so stupid that he didn't know what it is.

 

But at least he knows that he cares for her.

 

Day after day he got more agitated because Taeyeon kept avoiding him. She didn't want to meet his eyes and prevented it to happen at any cost. When their eyes met, they would gaze for a damn short minute that felt like a thousand year and then she would look away.

 

He drank his water in one-shot. Because of the frustrating thing between him and Taeyeon, he let out his frustration by throwing thing; example : basketball.

 

He's not good at exercising, but he did know how to shot a ball. At least.

 

The gym door opened and someone familiar walked in. Wooyoung squinted his eyes and murmured, "Siwon."

 

Siwon strutted toward Wooyoung casually as he spoke, "Are you the reason why Taeyeon is sad these days?"

 

"She's sad? I'm upset." Wooyoung muttered to himself.

 

"I'm sorry? I couldn't hear you." Siwon said, narrowing his eyes.

 

"Nothing. What are you doing here?"

 

"To interrogate you." Siwon simply said.

 

"Interrogate me?" Wooyoung raised an eyebrow questionably. "Why?"

 

Siwon sat down on the ground and crossed his legs. "Taeyeon has been doing pretty bad these past days." He started. "I don't know why, but I have feeling that you are the cause." He emphasized the 'you' word. "She never has this kind of breakdown. She did not even cry. And that's scared me even more. She could at least cry and wail you know, but she just stayed quiet and emotionless." He sighed. "Have you ever seen that kind of Taeyeon?"

 

Wooyoung thought. Of course no. He shook his head quietly.

 

"Do you know what had happened? Or maybe why she was here? Any possibilites?" Siwon pressured.

 

"I'm confused." Wooyoung finally spoke.

 

"Confuse?" Siwon raised an eyebrow.

 

"I don't know since when, but I felt something for Taeyeon. I didn't know what it is, but all I know is that I'm willing to do anything for her as long as she happy. I'm willing to throw myself in front of a train for her. She's worth it. And I'm confused, what am I feeling for her? It's weird, I know, since we're enemies and all...."

 

"Oh, ." Siwon spat, cutting off Wooyoung's sentences. Siwon looked straight into Wooyoung's eyes and said, "Damn man, you're in love with Taeyeon."

 

Wooyoung didn't say anything for a full minute, stay deep in thought and silence. Then he broke into a nervous laugh. "No. I couldn't have liked her."

 

"I said, love, stupid." Siwon rolled his eyes. "If you're already willing to throw yourself in front of the train, which is quite extreme and stupid, I must add, than it's passed liking already. If you're smart, you will realize this soon and know what to do." Siwon pinched his eyebrow hardly. This is bad. So Wooyoung loves Taeyeon..... does Taeyeon love him back? How about Tiffany? Then his eyes snapped open. How about Tiffany? "Wooyoung."

 

Wooyoung looked up.

 

"Get up." Siwon snarled.

 

Wooyoung stared at the older man confusedly.

 

"Get. Up." Siwon repeated and the latter followed his order.

 

Once he's on his feet, Siwon threw a fist right on Wooyoung's face.

 

"What the hell man!?" Wooyoung shouted as he fell flat on the floor.

 

"That's for hurting Taeyeon." Siwon said. "And this." He punched him once more time. "For hurting Tiffany."

 

Wooyoung glared at Siwon. "What do you mean!?" He shouted angrily. "Hurting Taeyeon and Tiffany?"

 

"Don't you know Tiffany habour a feeling for you?" He shouted. "Now, man. Have you realize what you feel for Taeyeon yet?"

 

Wooyoung finally realized what Siwon meant. And he couldn't throw a fist back to Siwon because it won't needed. Siwon helped him to realize faster. "I do." He answered.

 

"What did you do to Taeyeon until she have breakdown? Those questions, you haven't answered me yet."

 

Wooyoung opened his mouth and muttered, "I said I'll do anything for her."

 

Siwon's mouth opened. Wait wait wait.

 

Let me think first.

 

Taeyeon knows that Tiffany likes Wooyoung and Wooyoung likes her? So does that mean Taeyeon having a breakdown because she's scared? She's confused? What the hell, I'm getting confused here. I shall find her later. For now, finishing off this guy first.

 

"What will you do?" Siwon asked.

 

"What?"

 

"After you realize your feeling for Taeyeon now, what will you do?" Siwon asked agitatingly, rolling his eyes.

 

Wooyoung blinked. "I... I'm not sure." He replied honestly. "Taeyeon is avoiding me. What can I possibly do right now? She won't even talk to me or anything. I don't understand."

 

Siwon looked at the young man in front of him. "I could only tell you this; better think faster or she'll be out of your reach." And he left.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany didn't know what went wrong or since when.

 

All she knew that her heart was hurting and splitting into pieces. She was told to go to the gym room by a teacher to take something and unintentionally listened to Siwon's and Wooyoung's conversation. She obviously didn't know what they were talking about, but all she heard was :

 

"Damn man, you're in love with Taeyeon."

 

And it obviously not Wooyoun's voice. So Wooyoung loves.. no, no, he's in love with Taeyeon?!

 

She knew why it pained so much. She's not stupid. The guy you has crush on is in love with your best friend. How could it not hurt? And Taeyeon.... she wasn't herself these days. Does she know that Wooyoung love her?

 

Then Tiffany remembered.

 

Wooyoung’s car!! Her mind told her happily. Lucky me! Her mind dancing around, but abruptly need to stop when someone comes out from the passenger seat. Tiffany’s eyes bulged out. Taeyeon? Is that my best friend Taeyeon?

 

Wooyoung comes out from the driver seat, with a purse in his hand. Taeyeon turned around when her grabbed her hand and handed her the purse. Taeyeon bowed friendlily, mumbling things like ‘thanks’.

 

Tiffany walked out from her car, and looked at them in disbelief.

 

“Taeyeon.” She called out and the latter turned around to her.

 

Shock written all over her face.

 

 

Taeyeon and Wooyoung were conversing at the balcony when they were in the resort. Tiffany was going to a restroom and somehow wanting to look outside and her feet dragged her to that particular balcony. She saw them were in some serious talk and decided not to greet them.

 

She was shocked when Wooyoung gripped Taeyeon's wrist and spoke something. She couldn't hear, but all she knew, that something Wooyoung said make Taeyeon became awfully quiet and pale.

 

 

 

Now she knew.

 

Now she knew why Taeyeon avoided Wooyoung these past days. Maybe no one else noticed, but Tiffany actually did. Did Wooyoung confess his love?

 

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows. But there's no way. Siwon was the one who concluded that freaking statement today. There's no way he confessed that night.

 

Tiffany thought as she cried behind the wall.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon was still didn't know what's waiting for her.

 

She still quiet and emotionless. She kept repeating the same routine everyday. Wakes up, goes to school, go back to home, and then sits back on the rooftop. Even though she always makes sure that the sun has gone down first so that nobody will call her crazy.

 

She played with her fingers as what Hyori told her repeated endlessly in her mind.

 

"He likes you and you like him back. Even if your best friend likes him, can't you have your own happiness? Maybe one day you will not be with Wooyoung, or maybe you two won't end up forever. But for now, right now, your happiness is with him. And without him, you're no different from walking corpse." Hyori spoke honestly. "And I believe that Tiffany will have her own happiness. Everybody does. It's just a matter of accepting and rejecting. What you are doing now is foolish. If one day you realize that you'll just hurt yourself by rejecting him, don't come to me and cry your heart out."

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes. Hyori was just so great in talking. She made Taeyeon to feel so stupid and wise at the same time. Hyori was right. What she is doing right now is completely foolish, because she knows she would just be unhappy at last.

 

But once her mind made up to just tell Wooyoung right away about her feeling, Tiffany's face popped out. What can she do now???

 

"Taeyeon!!"

 

Taeyeon still spaced out.

 

"Taeeyeeeoon!"

 

She still didn't hear her name being called.

 

Eventually, a loud thud was heard and she whipped her head to her left. She blinked at the person before saying, "Oh. You."

 

Siwon flicked his cousin's forehead. "It's oppa for you. You don't call me with 'you' anymore. Arasso?"

 

Taeyeon rubbed her forehead. "I'm not in the mood playing."

 

"I'm not too." Siwon said, contemplating whether to tell this stupid girl or not.

 

"What are you doing here?" Taeyeon asked, tightening her jacket.

 

"To ask why are you being so un-Taeyeon these days."

 

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow. "Un-Taeyeon? That's not a word."

 

Siwon looked at her. "Don't change the topic. You know what I'm talking about."

 

Taeyeon let out a deep sigh. "If you know, can you help me out?"

 

Siwon nodded. "I'll try my best."

 

After another round of deep sigh, Taeyeon talked about all her problems until Hyori's counselling.

 

"So you like him?" Siwon asked, surprised.

 

Taeyeon nodded listlessly. "Yeah. I know that's stupid and I know that you're disappointed in me.... but how? He just found his way to my heart. And now I don't know what am I going to do."

 

Siwon was silent for a while before saying, "It's true that I am disappointed in you. But there's no way I could do to yank him off from your heart, don't I?"

 

Taeyeon nodded.

 

"Actually Taeng..." Siwon started and Taeyeon looked at him expectantly. After a few minutes of thinking, Siwon grinned evilly, "I think I'll let you know by yourself."

 

"Wwhaaaaaaattttt?" Taeyeon looked at him confusingly.

 

Siwon stood up and ruffled her hair. "Well, good luck kiddo. I'll go to comfort another brokenhearted girl. And you, go back to your room and find some good sleep."

 

Taeyeon smiled at him.

 

And even so, after Siwon left, Taeyeon kept thinking about everything. But this time she at least sleep on her bed.