Broke Up?

Story Of Us

"Mom." Wooyoung snapped. "Stop talking about Taeyeon. Don't nag me right now." He said with much crankiness.

 

Nicole pouted and said, "How impolite are you!" She then called GiKwang, her husband, to help her.

 

GiKwang awkwardly looked at his shirtless, sleepy son. It was just seven in the morning and Nicole had already started her nagging at Wooyoung. "Son, as awkward as it is right now, and also not the right time to scold you, I'll just say, don't get angry at your mom."

 

Wooyoung closed his eyes lazily as he rubbed his temple. "Alright. I'm sorry. Now, can you leave? I only wear pants." He said as Nicole and GiKwang left the room.

 

"They are not breaking up right?" Nicole asked worriedly.

 

Wooyoung heard them and laid back on the back as he forcefully closed his eyes. Don't hear. Don't listen.

 

"I don't know, honey. They just never go out together anymore these days." GiKwang said.

 

Nicole then sobbed, "Oh my. I can't even think to have another girl as my daughter-in-law. Taeyeon and I was just so close already."

 

Wooyoung sighed. His mom was seriously horrible. How could she talk loudly? The door was closed, I tell you, and her voice still could be heard.These days, Wooyoung was just so sensitive if someone talks about Taeyeon. And most definitely, when her name was used together with his.

 

It was just painful.

 

He didn't get to talk to her and she wouldn't even try when she has the chance to. It seemed that she has completely given up on trying to be friend with him.

 

He squeezed his chest and got up from the bed quickly.

 

"No. I couldn't just sit down and give up." Wooyoung muttered. "I'll fight for her if I have to."

 

 

 

Taeyeon shuddered.

 

She looked around, wondering why she shuddered just now. No wind or breeze though. Then why?

 

She was in the library, sitting on a desk while reading on a book. Although the book was opened, it was highly doubted that she read the book. Her mind was wandering around, occasionally thinking of Wooyoung. Yes, she was that pathetic.

 

Her phone beeped and she looked at the screen.

 

Wooyoungie~ is calling

 

She stared at the phone for a second before widening her eyes. "Why is he calling me?" She muttered, bewildered. She felt her heart was throbbing against her ribcage, asking something that she can't answer.

 

She was contemplating to answer and was relieved when the ring tone was off, meaning that he had stopped. But before she could even thank God, the phone was ringing again, making her to jump in surprise.

 

"SHHEESHHH." The librarian eyed her dangerously.

 

Taeyeon ducked her head in embarrassment and grabbed her bag quickly as she left the library with a still ringing phone.

 

Once she was outside, the ring was finished and she took a deep breath. But the phone then started ringing again. She was slowly getting angry and tried to calm herself. But when the sixth times he called, she picked it up.

 

"STOP IT!" She screamed as the passersby gave a strange look. She felt embarrassment were already leaving her that she didn't care anymore. "You are so annoying! Why did you keep calling me!?"

 

Wooyoung was surprised with her sudden reaction, but somehow he smiled. "Well, finally you pick up your phone."

 

"Of course." She rolled her eyes. "It's so damn annoying!"

 

"Let's meet up. I have something to tell you."

 

Taeyeon turned rigid. She didn't want to meet him.

 

"Don't make excuse. If I have to, I will drag you from anywhere you are."

 

"Damn it." She muttered as she asked, "Fine. Where do you want to meet?"
 


Even though they weren't face to face, Taeyeon couldn't help but imagined Wooyoung's smiling face.
 


"You know the Orange Cafe?" He asked. "I'll meet you there."
 


Taeyeon hung up and took the bus to the said cafe. She knew the place well, anyway, the girls and her used to hang out there when they were still in middle school.
 


And when she remembered her past, she remembered Wooyoung.
 


Now that she thought of it, Wooyoung had always been by her side even though with the title 'enemy'. He was just always there to annoy her and disturbed her. But seems that everything was different from this time.
 


There's no way she could ever look at him with the same hatred as she did before (and she kind of wondering whether had she really hated him or not).
 


But again, she sighed, whenever she thought of her with Wooyoung being together in the future, Tiffany has to always popped in her mind. She felt so bad, as if she was falling in love with Wooyoung on purpose.
 


And trust me, it felt anything but good.
 


The bus stopped and she went down, walking on the street slowly. There's no need for hurrying. It's not like she wanted to meet him. (lying)
 


The door creaked opened as she pushed it. She walked to the cashier (because it's like a coffee shop, the ordering and paying place are the same; so I called it cashier) and ordered a glass of orange milkshake. (never had any of that anyway)
 


She chosea table near the corner, since if they wanted to talk and things go to the way they didn't want it, might as well do it privately.
 


The door opened again and came in an exhausted familiar looking guy.
 


Taeyeon felt her heart beating twice faster as Wooyoung proceeded towards her with sweats on his forehead. So he was hurried huh? Taeyeon felt touch.
 


So touched if being very truthful.
 


She gripped on her bag's strap tightly as she locked her eyes with him.
 


"Hey." He greeted, pure happiness were written from his face.
 


She unconsciously smiled, a sincere smile was plastered on her face.
 


At that moment, nothing was more important then themselves.
 


Call them selfish, but at that moment of gazing, it was felt as if their own little world.
 


But the bubble of happiness were bursting off as Taeyeon looked away.
 


"Hey." She greeted softly.
 


They sat down and an awkward tension filled around them.
 


"Talking to you on the phone was much better." Wooyoung started the conversation.
 


Taeyeon didn't reply. She didn't know what to say.
 


"It's been a while since we talked." He continued, still gazing at her.
 


She stared blankly at him.
 


"You looked good today." He added.
 


She still didn't say a thing.
 


He sighed and knew that he should say this sooner or later before everything is too late.
 


"I miss you." He spoke out, looking straight into her eyes.
 


Her body stiffen, but not her heart. It was beating loudly and rapidly that she thought it would fall off her ribcage if he continued with his announcement.
 


"And I love you." He said, still not looking away.
 


Maybe this is not the most romantic moment ever to confess, but he couldn't just let this moment to go away too. He waited for a long time to have a good two-people conversation. And now when he has it, he wasn't going to waste anytime.
 


"I...." Taeyeon finally opened , but nothing came out except a single 'I'.
 


"I know you don't have feelings for me-"
 


"That's not true." She whispered defensively.
 


"-but I do. I'm sorry, what was that?" He stopped as he leaned closer with his ear. Did he hear something that he wouldn't dare to imagine?
 


Taeyeon's ears were EXTREMELY red and her face was too. It was imaginable that she was embarrassed.
 


"Taeyeon." Wooyoung urgently spoke. "Do you have feelings for me?"
 


Taeyeon stared at him blankly.
 


"Taeng." He said more determinedly.
 


She sighed and said, "So what if I do, nothing would change. I would not accept you as my boyfriend if you ask me to. I can't Woo. You have to somehow understand me for not able to give you a reason. Please just understand."
 


Wooyoung rolled his eyes. "I cannot understand," He said. "You love me back, so why?"
 


Taeyeon does love him.
 


Those times she wasted to think and think, made her come to a conclusion that she didn't like him, but way more than that.
 


She loves him.
 


"I have reason." She spoke, tears started b in her eyes. She hated crying, that was one of the reason why girls called as weak and crybaby. But this moment, she felt so vulnerable that she can't do anything but cry. "Please."
 

Wooyoung sighed desperately. "Is this about Tiffany's feeling?"
 

Taeyeon immediately focused on him. "What do you mean?"
 

"I know about her feeling for me." Wooyoung said. "But I couldn't like her that way."
 

"If you know, then why do you still try confessing to me?" Taeyeon asked. "You do know well that I'll reject you for that."
 

"I'm trying to ask you to be selfish for once, Taeyeon. I knew you since we're still little kids. You might not believe me, but I think the reason why I always made fun of you since we're small was because I had already liked you." He smiled in the process. "I knew story about boys pulled the girls' hair that they liked. Maybe that was me when I was small. But now, I realized I'm no longer kids and no longer having fun pulling your hair."
 

Taeyeon felt herself blinking tears away.
 

Nobody, I meant, nobody has ever told her something with this utmost sincerity. As much as she wanted to tell him to go away, he felt herself shrinking deep in her own thoughts and sudden selfishness.
 

"I realized I love you and I will not back off. You know Jang Wooyoung will not give up on anything." He said jokingly, trying to ease the atmosphere. "So, Taeng."
 

Taeyeon looked up.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Let's break up."

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

heyy! I'm finally updating again! Like I said, I have school, although partly because my brain wasn't progressing very well.

Anyway, enjoy the update!

 

(credit to the gif owner)