Denial

Story Of Us

Taeyeon's POV

 

It has been three weeks after that 'hugged' incident. He was surprised, and I was beyond shock. I don't know why I did that, but I know that was a mistake. I shouldn't have done that. Really. That night, after the hugged, we went to eat in a 24 hour open restaurant, and ate like strangers. We did not talk, did not look at each other, did not do anything........at all.

 

It's not like I do not want to, but I mean, what was I supposed to do, when I hugged my ex-enemy(still for me)? I don't know what he thinks about me now, I got something tinging ran through my spine. Maybe he still thinks us as enemies... who knows? But this is really weird, you know, the more I thought about this incident, the more absurd it sounded.

 

Why the hell did I even hug him!?????????

 

This is really wrong, I shouldn't have. And Tiffany likes him, Taeng. She likes him, my so-called enemy. She made a brave confession to me because she really really likes this guy. So I shouldn't get in the way or I will be the one who hurt her. It will make me look like a . Seriously. Back-stabber. 

 

Huhuhu, this is really hard. Why is my life like this? Why do I feel guilty and unhappy? Why, WHy, WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

 

Wooyoung said he didn't like Tiffany......did that make any difference!? The guy wouldn't like me! We were enemies and enemies don't fall in love!

 

...........

 

Did I say LOVE? With my long-long-great enemy???

 

HAHAHAHA *awkward laugh*

 

No way in hell I do! And how could I like him? I shouldn't have! *What the hell am I even talking about?*

 

(Waves everything. Pretend everything above hasn't been written)

 

"Taeyeon, are you okay?" Yoona asked, concerned.

 

I turned around, looking into the deer face Yoona. I just stared blankly at her.

 

"Taeng?" Yoona asked once again. "Are you okay?"

 

I snapped out from daze and replied, "No, I'm not." The answer just flowed automatically.

 

Everything is a mess. I don't know... It's like a tornado just stormed inside my life and I am frantically running away from it. The problem is; there's no tornado here. And I don't know what I'm running away from.

 

"I wonder why you suddenly avoid Wooyoung."

 

The statement from Choi Sooyoung make me awake.

 

"BWO?!" I shouted. "What did you say?"

 

"I said, I wondered why you suddenly avoid Wooyoung." Sooyoung widen her eyes challenging me. She's the chic one, you know. She does everything bravely and I usually become the victim.

 

How sad :(

 

"W-what. I did not avoid Wooyoung." I reply, denying it.

 

"Yeah, yeah." She rolls her eyes.

 

"I mean it." I stubbornly say.

 

"Yeah, yeah. I understand." She replies, but obviously doesn't mean it.

 

I feel totally irk by her attitude.

 

"I said I am not avoiding it!!!!" I scream and she shot her eyes on me.

 

"And I said, I understand." She replied calmly while glaring at me with big eyes.

 

I cannot reply, well, first because she is really scary at that time, and yeah, I am afraid. Totally , isn't it?

 

"Okay, fine." I sigh. "But why did you say that? What make you say that?"

 

Then, the almighty Choi Sooyoung smiles mischievously. "Because you avoid him." She replies. "Well, look, everytime Wooyoung comes near you, you will immediately look around to find a way to run away. And whenever he looks at you, you will look elsewhere. And don't say no," She points a finger at me, stopping me from protesting her absurb observation, "because I, have seen it with my own eyes."

 

"And why do you look at me?" I accuse.

 

"Because you're my prey." She battles her eyelashes, making me want to puke.

 

"Ugh. Someone please stop her." Jessica says, making a disgusted face.

 

Yeah, right. Do that, Sica! Jessica vs Sooyoung; A cold queen vs an evil queen. Well, heck, both aren't good queens anyway.

 

"We can't." Yuri and Yoona reply almost immediately like an obedient puppy. "Princess Sooyoung will kill us." They say together, making us laugh.

 

Well, I wanted to laugh.

 

A moment later, a figure appears, walking inside the class with his confident overflowing seen through. I just have to stare deeply into him. Oh god. Please spare me. Why, why, am I looking at him? He wasn't my type in any angles, but why, why, should I stare at him like this? This is wrong.

 

And totally a disaster.

 

"See, you do it again." Sunny's voice echoes like a sharp needle pushes into my skin.

 

"Mwo, what did I do?" I ask naively.

 

"Psh. You're looking-no, you're drooling at him, Taeng." She says.

 

"I did not."

 

"Well, I don't think it's only us who saw that." She rolls her eyes.

 

I close my mouth and look at them. "Where's Tiffany?" I ask, changing the topic.

 

"I don't know." Seohyun replies. "I've never seen her lately after that article came out."

 

"What, what article?" I ask curiously.

 

I never know this problem.

 

"Er...." Seohyun hesitates at first, but I look at her, urging her to continue. "It's....that article of unnie and Wooyoung ssi." She honestly informs.

 

My eyes grew wide. The last article of me and Wooyoung were two weeks ago! Where had Tiffany been hiding these times? I stand up and say, "I'll look for Tiffany."

 

They obviously not too concern, because they just nod and say goodbyes.

 

 

I found Tiffany standing on the roof top, thinking deeply in thought. It's weird you know, seeing your best friend standing and you were oblivious of what's happening and didn't know what to do. She's my best friend and I don't know what happen. *sigh* Dragging my feet closer to her, I felt that she acknowledged someone is coming.

 

She turns around and I give my best smile.

 

"Tiff." I say, looking at her.

 

She gives me an awkward smile. "Hey."

 

"Are you okay?" That's a question I was able to ask her after a long time not talking to her.

 

She blinks rapidly. "What do you mean? Of course I am." She gives a nervous chuckle and I continue to stare at her.

 

"We're best friends, Tiff. Don't lie." I tell her, getting closer to her. "You know you could always rely on me whenever you have problem."

 

She gulps. "I don't think it's necessary."

 

"Well, I think our friendship is necessary." If the only way I could find out her problem is by forcing her, I will do it. I can't watch her saving all her problem by herself.

 

Tiffany fidgets as her fingers play with the hem of her skirt. "I can't tell you, Taeng."

 

"Please." I beg, sounded desperate.

 

Finally she lets out a giving up sigh and sits down on a bench. I follow and sit beside her.

 

"I like Wooyoung." She blantly starts. "And you know it." She takes a deep sigh before continuing, "I felt hurt when I read that article, Taeng. I don't understand. And I can't just make excuses in my head that it might be false or whatever. I knew that both your parents are friends and stuff....but, this is just plain weird and I don't think I could handle it. The two of you also aren't enemies anymore, so that's a possibility that you two might be going out, right? But one thing, Taeng, why do I feel hurt, I feel betrayed?" She sobs.

 

I am speechless. I can't make any thing up at the moment. Everything is spinning in slow-motion and I still pushing the information into my head. So Tiffany feels insecure because of me. Me, Kim Taeyeon.

 

"But you know I and Wooyoung wouldn't be together." The answered came almost immediately, it's automatic reply after all.

 

I wouldn't want to hurt her. She's very kind and she's my friend.

 

Tiffany looks at me with tears in eyes. "Really?"

 

I nod reluctantly.

 

This is right, isn't it? This is what I should do right? Be supportive and good.

 

Yes. This is right, Kim Taeyeon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

But why do this heart squeeze a little bit too hard?

 

 

Wooyoung's POV

 

I follow Taeyeon to roof top. I don't know what she's doing there, but I definitely have some business to do with her. She's been avoiding me recently, after that incident occuring me and her hugging. I felt very happy that time, it was like my heart suddenly burst out but I can't do anything.

 

There's suddenly a barrier between us; it's invisible. It's dangerous if we lift it up or we cut it off. I feel if we lift it up, something big will happen. If we cut it off, another big thing will happen. I just can't figure it out.

 

Her petite figure disappears behind the door, and I slowly go up but stop when notice another figure there. It's Tiffany Hwang. Ugh, man, why's that girl always around?

 

They sit on a bench and I couldn't really listen to what they said, but something came out from Tiffany's mouth and Taeyeon looked pale. Then opened and she declared loudly, loud enough for me to hear, "But you know I and Wooyoung wouldn't be together."

 

*JLEB*

 

Something sharp edge, poisonous and painful was stabbed to my heart, right into it. I really don't understand with this suddenly hurt feeling. Wait, why do I even feel hurt?

 

And right here? *touch the place where my heart belongs*

 

I gulp, unable to digest what's the hell happening with this. I CAN'T BE FALLING FOR THAT DORK. I thought aloud, but then I force a smile.

 

And she said she and me will not be together.

 

Turning around, I calm my breath so that my heart will not feel the hurtful squeeze.

 

Kim Taeyeon, prolong this you-avoid-me attitude.

 

 

 

 

Please.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Heyyy! I've been listening to All My Love For You - SNSD. And you know what, *telling story*, I just fought with my sister. She was talking to me, but I couldn't hear it because I was wearing headphones and it was quite loud. But then when she talked to my grandma, I heard 'bzz' and pulled one away and when I turned around, I noticed she glared at me. Yeah, so I confronted her. She told me that I was purposely not listening to her when she talked to me. And all because I could hear 'bzz' when she talked with grandma. Who to blame? My ears were made this way. And who can I say in fault? And more, I was having a fight with my best friend because something. Long long story. These days have been a hard times for me. I feel very tired..................(blabbering. Sorry to waste your time reading this .......thought of mine)