Friend Like You Is Hard To Find

Story Of Us

The two girls sat on the swings at the park near Taeyeon's house. A complete silence surrounded them. Although nobody spoke, it felt that they knew what would happen. It was a tense moment where one should let go and give blessing or one should back off and persuade the other that nothing's wrong.

 

Only dog's barking could be heard and few bystanders around there.

 

"So...." Tiffany started and Taeyeon looked at her. "Are you in a fake relationship with Wooyoung?"

 

Ooof. Taeyeon thought. Only one question, but it's already made her guilty as hell. What would Tiffany ask after this? Another strike? "We broke up." Taeyeon simply answered, making sure her voice wasn't shaky at all.

 

Tiffany heaved a deep sigh. When they met eyes, Taeyeon saw disappointment in her eyes. Pain was there too, but it's almost disappear. The pain in Tiffany's eyes were visibly, but also transparent. Only true friends could see and understand them. And this made Taeyeon felt even guiltier.

 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Tiffany asked, her eyes were starting to give up on holding back her tears.

 

It was a cold night, and their vision were blurry.

 

Taeyeon wanted to fall on her knees and apologized. "We were making it a secret. Nobody supposed to know. Not my friends, not even his."

 

"Then how can Siwon oppa know?" Tiffany asked.

 

"He saw us somewhere together and remembered that Wooyoung is-"

 

"was."

 

"-the guy you like and confronted me about it." Taeyeon's eyes widen at Tiffany's whispered. "Excuse me?"

 

"I said he was the guy I loved. But not anymore." Tiffany felt her heart gave a painful squeeze, but with the thought of Siwon, everything was bearable.

 

"W-what do you mean?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"I mean, I wanted to know do you love him or not." Tiffany said. "Because for sure, Wooyoung does."

 

Taeyeon looked at the ground, seemingly lost. "Truthfully?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Yes." Tiffany answered.

 

"I do." Taeyeon replied.

 

There was a brief silence for a moment.

 

Tiffany hunged her head down, a tear leaked out silently and she quietly wiped them off. "I understand." Her voice had become huskier because of the tear. "And I give you my blessing."

 

Taeyeon snapped her head to Tiffany. She couldn't believe her ear. Does Tiffany really meant what she say?

 

"Fany? Are you okay?" Taeyeon asked worriedly.

 

They were friends from so long ago, and it wasn't hard to know when she was sad or happy.

 

"I'm fine." Tiffany said. "Don't worry about me."

 

Taeyeon wasn't convinced. She knew better. "Fany."

 

"I'm serious." Tiffany said convincingly, but not looking into Taeyeon's eyes. "I'm fine. If I'm not now, then I'll be later."

 

"Fany ah...." Taeyeon felt her eyes b with tears.

 

Without a moment of hesitation, she hugged Tiffany.

 

"Taeng!" Tiffany yelped in surprised.

 

"Fany ah.... I don't know what to say. That's why I never wanted to tell you about the fake relationship. I don't want to hurt you. And also, when I realized that I like him, I avoided you. I'm sorry!!!" Taeyeon shouted. "Forgive me, Fany ahh!"

 

Tiffany felt her tears streamed down thanks to the sincere speech from Taeyeon. She knew she would never could hate Taeyeon. They were just too good to each other. "It's okay." She said with cracking voice. "I'm also sorry for making you going through hard time. I should've could seen that you didn't hate Wooyoung anymore and.... I should've understand a bit! I'm sorry for pressuring you!"

 

Taeyeon shook her head furiously. "You didn't do anything wrong! If there's anyone who should say sorry and ask forgiveness, it should only be me. I'm the one who did the wrong mistake."

 

"Hush. Falling in love with Wooyoung wasn't your mistake. I should have seen that he liked you first. The way he would only talk and tease you should've opened my eyes and not hoping for the impossible. I guess I was blinded by liking him too much that I couldn't feel his love for you." Tiffany said.

 

Taeyeon wiped her tears as she said softly, "Thank you, Fany."

 

Tiffany felt her own tear fall down. "Yeah."

 

She could see Siwon smiling warmly and comfortingly there, right at the entrance line of the park. Although it's dark, Tiffany could see Siwon mouthed, "You did good."

 

And for a moment right there, her heart swelled in happiness.

 

 

 

 

 

"This is stupid." Taeyeon murmured. "Why do I have to hide myself behind this wall?"

 

She was currently hiding from Wooyoung. The reason why was because she felt that she still hasn't has the heart to meet him yet.

 

Not after her bestfriend let him go.

 

Yes, she did love him, but she still has to find her inner courage to face him and embraced him. Apparently, now is not the good time. She was afraid of how would she act in front of him. Knowing that he knew she loves him, and all that he loves her...... duh. Even when it wasn't complicated, she made it looks like it is.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

Taeyeon yelped and quickly covered . She whipped around to find Sooyoung behind her.

 

"Yah! You surprise me!" Taeyeon scolded in low tone.

 

Sooyoung rolled her eyes. "Skip the incessant talk. What are you doing?" Sooyoung asked coolly.

 

"What am I doing is not your problem, I suppose." Taeyeon replied with attitude. She blinked her eyes mockingly.

 

"Yah." Sooyoung glared at her. "Although you're older, I could still beat your ." She said.

 

"Choi Sooyoung!" Taeyeon shouted. "That's not very nice."

 

Sooyoung huffed, not giving a comeback. She knew it was wrong to say that. That was really impolite.

 

Taeyeon left to her class and sneakily went inside the class. She made sure she was on her tip-toes because she didn't want to face Wooyoung before the teacher got in.

 

Luckily for her, the teacher came in time with her. She hopped to her seat and avoided Wooyoung's gaze at her.

 

 

 

 

When the break time bell rang, Taeyeon sprung out from the class before anyone else and in a flash she was already disappeared.

 

Wooyoung scratched his head, knowing something was off. And he was going to find out whatever it is.

 

"Something's weird with Taeyeon, don't you think?" Junsu asked, someone popped out to beside Wooyoung, startling the latter.

 

"What are you doing?" Wooyoung asked in surprise, one palm putted on his chest.

 

Junsu continued chatting, "Are you in good term with Taeyeon these days?"

 

Wooyoung looked at the man scrutinizingly. "I believe that it's none of your concerns."

 

Junsu rolled his eyes irritatedly and hit the man's shoulder. "You should be happy that someone still cares for you, dammit. So ungrateful."

 

Wooyoung rubbed the spot Junsu hit him. It was unbelievably painful.

 

"Hey, do you notice something else?" Junsu asked Wooyoung, whispering.

 

"What?" Wooyoung wasn't really interested, but he just couldn't get away from this man gossiper.

 

"Junho and Hyoyeon were rumoured dating."

 

Wooyoung stared at Junsu blankly. "So? Should I say wow?"

 

"Oh, come on. That was hot news. We all know Junho has crush on Taeyeon and..." Junsu blabbered, unaware he just spoiled something important.

 

"Wait." Wooyoung stopped Junsu from talking incessantly. He grabbed the man shoulder and looked straight into his eyes. "Junho liked Taeyeon?"

 

Junsu thought back and yelped as he realized his mistake. "Eeeep!!! Don't say you hear it from me." And then he ran out from the class as fast as possible.

 

So this is not the end yet. I still have one problem to solve. Dammit. Wooyoung thought.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late update guys!