A Fresh Start

Story Of Us

"Let's break up," Wooyoung repeated.

 

Taeyeon looked at Wooyoung with eyes as wide as saucers, and mouth agaped. Wasn't this guy just telling her that he will not give up on her? Then what's with the break up?

 

He chuckled as he saw her expression. "Hey. Don't be so shock. I mean let's break our fake relationship up." He explained.

 

She silently let out a relieved sigh.

 

"Seems good, aren't you?" Wooyoung teased. "You looked pretty much depressed when I said let's break up. After I explained, you seemed more relaxed."

 

She shot a glare to him. "Shut up."

 

"You look cute when you're angry." He complimented.

 

She felt her cheeks growing hot and she knew she was going to die because of his mushy attacks.

 

"I want to start fresh with you. I don't want you to remember about our feud in the past. I want you to see me, the gentleman Jang Wooyoung." He said seriously, locking his eyes to her.

 

"A fresh start....?" She asked unsurely.

 

Wooyoung nodded. "Yes. From tomorrow onwards, be prepared with Wooyoung's ultimate charm!" He winked in the progress.

 

Taeyeon felt her heart jumped and swelled in happiness. She wanted to laugh so badly. "Wooyoung's..... ultimate charm?" She cracked up in her loud ahjumma version laugh as she thought about it.

 

"Yah!" He pouted. "What are you laughing at?" He felt offended and pouted even cuter.

 

"Oh gosh. Is this one of your aegyeo?!" Taeyeon laughed even louder.

 

"What?!" Wooyoung looked horrified. "I have aegyeo!?"

 

"Ahem." A waitress coughed. Nobody knows since when she had been standing.

 

Taeyeon stopped laughing and looked up. Wooyoung did the same.

 

"We got complains from other tables that this table is very noisy." She said in low voice but firm tone.

 

Taeyeon's cheeks started to form a tinge of reddish color and she bowed her head politely. "We're sorry."

 

The waitress left the table and Taeyeon let a relieve sigh out.

 

"Let's go." Wooyoung stood up.

 

"What?" She blinked at him.

 

"I said let's go!" He repeated.

 

"To where?"

 

"Somewhere." He grabbed her hand and yanked her up. "Quit asking and just follow me." He grinned. "Let's have a day out."

 

"A day out!?" She shrieked and ducked her head down after the waitress shot a look to her.

 

"Yeah. As I said, start a new." He said, pulling her out of the cafe.

 

Taeyeon just followed blankly.

 

"Nah, now where are we going?" He asked cheekily.

 

 

 

 

 

Thirty minutes later found them in an amusement park.

 

"Seriously? This is the best you can get?" Taeyeon asked cockily.

 

"What's wrong with this place?" Wooyoung asked, growing defensive. Well, if anything, he really loves amusement park. And he absolutely didn't like anyone to talk bad about it.

 

Taeyeon blinked and shrugged. "Nothing. I thought you want to go somewhere fancy. But well, I like amusement park as well." Then she smiled slyly. "Who late to the gate pay for today's expenses!" She announced and made a quick run towards the amusement park gate.

 

Wooyoung was puzzled for a while before runnign after her. "TAEYEON!!!!"
 

 

 


"And no matter what, it's still going to be me who pay for all the expenses for today." Wooyoung rolled his eyes irritatedly. "And you call that a game? You were cheating from the start!"

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "Quit whining and just eat your fried-rice." She said as she munched her french fries. "And like you said, since you're going to pay for everything today, I was running for the mental victory." She childishly did mehrong.

 

He shook his head in disbelief, but a smile plastered on his face. If there's anything he wanted to say, it would be how happy and elated he felt at that moment. "You have sauce on your face." He muttered suddenly, his hand reached out automatically to wipe it off from her face.

 

Her face grew hotter all of sudden and red colored both her cheeks. "Ermmmm... thanks." She mumbled, drinking her cola without pipette.

 

He knew she felt rather awkward at that moment, but what can he say? He liked how her lips felt. They were soft and pink. He loves them very much.

 

After the meal, they went to stroll down the path to look for some games that they could play together. There were a lot; such as rollercoaster and other heart-attack games things, and none of these games the couple wanted to play.
 


The waiting line was so long (even though not weekeds) that Taeyeon kept rejecting every games that Wooyoung's purpose. She wasn't one kind of patient people.
 


Wooyoung eventually grew tired of her behavior. "Seriously!? Are we even going to play!?" He asked like a little kid asking for cotton candy.
 


Taeyeon rolled her eyes at him. "I've told you, if you wanted to play the games, then wait by yourself! I don't want to waste my time standing!"

 

This felt as if they went back to the past; where they were still foes. They quarreled and there was once when they had almost broke into a big fight. Yeah, fist and kick were used. But luckily nobody was hurt. And it seemed that a while later  a big fight would occur.

 

"And I've told you, I don't want to get on those by myself!"

 

"I don't like games like this!" Taeyeon argued again. "Can't you understand? I don't really like amusement park! Especially arcades. You said you wanted fresh start, but now, I don't think we're even somewhere near 'fresh start'." She crossed her arms.

 

"Then what do you want to do?" He asked, suppressing his selfishness.

 

"Nothing. I don't want nothing. I just wanted to go home." Taeyeon said. "And I'm really sorry, Woo. I didn't  mean to be a spoilsport. I'm just not one of girls that so naive and innocent that would jump in excitement when the boy they like brought  them to amusement park or somewhere like that." Taeyeon explained.

 

Wooyoung rubbed his chin. "I forgave you..... as long as you repeated that line." He snickered.

 

"Wh....at line?" She furrowed her eyebrows questioningly.

 

"That." He nudged her teasingly. "The boy the likee~~" He said in singsong voice.

 

She remembered and flustered. "Bleh. Like I would do that again!" She stomped her feet and walked away from him.

 

"YAh! Wait!! You still hadn't forgiven yet!"

 

 

 

 

The night fell upon and the two found themselves sitting in a ddukbokki's restaurant. They were enjoying the ddukbokki while talking. The passerby would've thought that they were a couple that had already gotten the stage where 'we've tired of each other' when in fact, they were just starting.

 

"I'll see you on Monday." Wooyoung said as he dropped Taeyeon off.

 

"Okay." Taeyeon replied. "Bye. Go home safely." She said.

 

Wooyoung nodded and walked away. After making sure Wooyoung was out of sight, Taeyeon grabbed the front gate to push it.

 

"Taeyeon."

 

Taeyeon's hand froze on the gate and she slowly turned around. "Fany?"

 

Tiffany smiled despite the haggard feeling she felt. "Taengoo~" She tried to make her voice sounded excited.

 

"Hey.." Taeyeon greeted unsurely. "What are you doing here?" She asked. "It's late."

 

Tiffany let a small smile. "I just wanted to see my best friend that I've not able to see for a few days." She said, stepping closer to Taeyeon. "And I think we need to talk."

 

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany for a while. The feeling that the final is already right in front of her hit her. "Okay."