BREAKUP, MOVE ON, AND BE HAPPY

Story Of Us

The moment Yuri stepped into the cafeteria, she immediately went to look for the tanned skin, younger boy. It wasn't hard since he had been sitting on a table with his usual friends, but added with some pretty girls. And one that Yuri noticed to be the one he had f.cked that day. Her heart surrounded with anger, but no more disappointment nor sadness.

 

All those pathetic emotions had somehow really erased from her heart, and she realized; maybe because she wasn't really in love with the younger boy. She made her way to the table and one of his friends noticed and notified Minho. Minho turned his head and smiled at her, standing in the process.

 

"Hey, ba-"

 

Before he finished his sentence, a loud slap echoed in the cafeteria, and in a second, the cafeteria fell into a deafening silence. Her eyes were staring at him coldly, no emotion could be seen. His cheek stung and his mind proceeded what had just happened for a few second before he looked up in disbelief.

 

"Did you just-"

 

Another slap was given by Yuri.

 

Minho growled angrily as he looked at her straightly. "Why did you slap me!?"

 

Yuri didn't even flinch by his furious eyes and looked back at him still as cold as before. "You deserve it." She spat.

 

"What are you talking about?!" Minho questioned, his eyes shot daggers to Yuri.

 

"I'm talking about how you SHOULDN'T HAVE CHEATED BEHIND MY BACK!" Yuri shouted furiously, her look telling him to shut up. "If I hadn't gone to the abandoned building that day, I wouldn't have known what a lying bastard you are." She continued passionately. "Luckily enough I didn't have a deeper feeling for you than mere small love, and caught you ing other girl."

 

Minho's face was pale as he stared at Yuri in shock. He didn't think that his wrongdoings would be exposed for the whole world to know, and all thanks to Yuri. "Babe, I was-"

 

"Don't 'babe' me. Call me senior from now on." Yuri cast him one last look and another one to the girl who had been sitting beside him, face flushed red and currently facing away from Yuri. "Psh. Maybe you should now tell the whole world who's your partner-in-crime." She stated and walked away elegantly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"That was damn awesome!" Nichkhun praised. His face lit brightly at the sight of her smiling at him. He had witnessed everything happened in the cafeteria and never felt happier than this. Seriously, if he had the chance, he would like to give one punch on that younger boy.

 

Yuri gave a warm smile at him. "I know, right? I was barely containing my happiness when I shouted at him! He looked somehow like a lost puppy."

 

Nichkhun shot a look.

 

"....a very ugly lost puppy." Yuri corrected her statement.

 

"That's better." Nichkhun nodded in agreement.

 

Yuri laughed. "You're so childish, you know that?"

 

"I've heard that a lot of times." Nichkhun confessed lightly, earning another laugh from her. Oh my, how beautiful her voice sounded.

 

"But of course, you look very manly." Yuri said, and he gave her a cocky smirk.

 

"I know, right?" He winked at her and she let another round of laugh.

 

"Stop!" She was already clutching her tummy when she said it. "You're making me laugh so much right now."

 

But behind that laugh and smile, Nichkhun noticed a hint of sadness. He silently brought her to the rooftop, where nobody was going to. No matter how much we try to just forget and move on, there would always a bucket of water to cry out, and a shoulder to lean on.

 

That's just a certain circle everybody's going through.

 

Sitting down on the bench at rooftop, side-by-side, Yuri dazed off quietly. He had been watching her expression these times, and all of them made his heart ache. She looked disturbed and lost, but somehow he knew she had managed to sort her feelings.

 

But she's not done yet.

 

"Why?"

 

He turned his head to her. "Why what?"

 

"Why did he cheat on me?"

 

Nichkhun was silent for a moment before replying, "Because he's stupid."

 

Yuri let out a light chuckle. "You don't have to say that to make me feel better."

 

"But it's true." He insisted. "He was stupid to cheat on you. He's stupid because he couldn't see how much you worth. He's stupid because he fell into a seducer's trap. He's stupid because he let go of you." Nichkhun continued, "But I'm not stupid to make the same mistake as he did."

 

Yuri turned her head to him, looking directly into his eyes with mouth slightly agape. 

 

He found it difficult to keep his heart inside and soon he found himself confessing, "I'm not going to ever cheat on you, I'll never let go of you. Because even if I'm stupid, I know how much worth you are, and that you're prettiest than any of girl out there that none could trap me into their seduction. Because just one look from you, I'm trapped forever." He said. "You're the best thing I've ever seen and my heart ever  loved. I'm never going to let you sad like what that kid did, because obviously, he was as blind as my eyes that could not see anything but you." And quickly added, "But his blindness is obviously different from my case."

 

His confession left her silent. She digested everything in and suddenly her eyes felt hot and her vision became blurry. She brought her hands up and covered her face. Then a silent whimper was heard and Nichkhun let out a sigh.

 

Why was she crying?

 

The question wandered in his mind. Was that tears of joy or what? He didn't know what to do or what to say. He's afraid, part of him, actually. Afraid of being rejected and afraid he might lose her. But what she did next stunned him.

 

Her hands suddenly wrapped around his neck and soon she was already crying against his broad shoulders. Perplexed, he only could wrap his arms back around her once he had digested everything in. Ah..... young life.

 

A small smile plastered on his face.

 

 

"I like you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So are the two of you currently dating?"

 

Sooyoung sipped on her chocolate frappe as she asked Yuri.

 

"Hmm." Yuri hummed in agreement as she took a bite on her chocolate brownies.

 

The two were having a shopping day out, supposedly with other girls, but the ones with couple went on date with their boyfriend (speak about friendship), while Seohyun, as usual, with Yonghwa. Sunny was somewhere volunteering herself to help the poor. Hyoyeon said that she was having some serious talk with Junho when Yuri called to ask about going out.

 

"Oh my god, I'm so depressed now!" Sooyoung whined. "Look at you and our friends! They are dating and I'm here all alone. I might be forever alone. Try imagine myself as a mary in the future!" Sooyoung shivered at the thought, and she closed her eyes in pure disgust.

 

Yuri laughed. "Even hell know you wouldn't be forever alone." She said. "And Sunny, Seohyun, nor Hyoyeon don't have boyfriend."

 

"How about Yoona?"

 

"Oh, she called me last night and said that she is going for a date with Taecyeon today."

 

Sooyoung held a crestfallen expression.

 

"I thought you knew."

 

"No, I don't." Sooyoung said. "Gah.... see! Although the other three don't have boyfriend right now, they have a guy beside them. I still think that Seohyun is going to marry first than all of us here."

 

"Haha. And Taeyeon would marry last." Yuri joked.

 

The two laughed at the joke and a second later the two stopped laughing, thinking. The more they think, the more they realize that time has quickly passed by. It seemed only yesterday they had become friends, had their first girls talk, had their sleepover, had their shopping day. Everything seemed to pass very fast and the two was suddenly saddened by the thought that they would be drifting apart.

 

A soft, warm smile was exchanged when their eyes met.

 

"You know, I was thinking how fast we grow up." Sooyoung started, taking a long sip on her frappe.

 

Yuri nodded in agreement. "It seemed only yesterday we met and befriended. I remembered vividly you calling me tanned skin girl while I call you a long body girl." 

 

Sooyoung smiled at the reminisce. "Yeah. And then one day Taeyeon came and somehow we ended up become friends."

 

"Taeyeon is really fit being a leader. She maintained everything to herself. She never really burdened us with her problems and she weighed our problems too. I've never regretted being friends with her or with you, or the others. You girls are the best thing ever happened into my life."

 

"True." Sooyoung agreed. "You knew I wasn't the type of having friends or being a good friend, but then, everything just happened. All thanks to her."

 

Yuri couldn't agree more.

 

"So, how are you and Nichkhun? How is he treating you?"

 

"Much better than the one before." Yuri rolled her eyes. "Nichkhun is just so sweet you know."

 

"No, I don't." Sooyoung back being grumpy, sensitive in the topic of men. She hasn't been really interested in any boys currently, and it actually agitated her. What if she really grow old and become a mary? BRRRR.

 

Yuri chuckled. "Don't sound so hostile."

 

Sooyoung looked at Yuri before smiling. "Well, as long as you're happy, I guess there's nothing else I could do except not making faces or grumpy voices while you talk about how..." Sooyoung pretended to puke, "how...*cough*... sweet he is."

 

Yuri slapped Sooyoung's arm. "You're overreacting!"

 

Sooyoung just grinned dorkily.

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________