Strange Feelings

Story Of Us

Taeyeon and Junsu decided that they had done practising for the night and went to the lounge to sit for awhile. They have to gather with their roommate, because only there are only two keys for one room. And Taeyeon's room, the keys were taken by Kibum and Tiffany.

 

As they reached the lounge, Yoona scurried off to Taeyeon quickly.

 

"You're back from the treasure hunt?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Er... me and Taecyeon backed out from the game." She answered. "Anyway unnie. Why didn't you join playing the game?" She asked curiously, her eyes rounded.

 

"BoA ssem wants me and Junsu to practise for our song for the upcoming National Singing Competition." Taeyeon explained. "Where is Tiffany?"

 

Yoona then snapped her fingers. "Oh right! I just remembered! Fany unnie sprained her leg in the woods. She's now in the sickbay."

 

"MWO?" Taeyeon exclaimed. "Bring me to her now!" She shouted as Yoona led her the way to the resort's sickbay.

 

Before they reached the room, Yoona stopped Taeyeon.

 

"Unnie.... it might be best not to get in right now... because..." She hasn't finished her sentence as Taeyeon hurriedly opened the door.

 

[silence]

 

Inside, Tiffany was holding Wooyoung's hand even though the latter seemed unwilling. Seeing the door flung open [and saw Taeyeon], Wooyoung quickly pulled away. It felt really really wrong. As if he got caught cheating on his girlfriend. [add again : fake]

 

Here is the problem; he is totally not cheating, because well, Tiffany held his hand.

 

"Taeng." Tiffany called. Her face still shining in pure happiness.

 

Taeyeon shuffled her feet uncomfortably. This is harder than she thought. She had thought of helping Tiffany and Wooyoung together, as well as helping Siwon and Tiffany. In the end, Tiffany is the one who choose between the guys.

 

But right now, seeing 'that' scene, she felt a gush of strange emotion ran through her body. Oddly, she hates it. The strange feeling just awakened because of that simple scene. And she doesn't know why.

 

"Oh, hey. I heard you sprained your leg." Taeyeon moved forward, hoping Wooyoung wouldn't try to speak at her.

 

Tiffany waved her hand dismissively. "It's nothing. I just fell and it sprained. I'm really stupid." She said. "But luckily Wooyoung is there." Her eyes shone admiringly, proving her sincerities and true feelings.

 

Wooyoung looked away uncomfortably. Gosh, he wanted to go away far away.

 

Taeyeon cleared , unaware of the sudden anger that envelopes her heart. "I'm going back to our room. Would you give me the key?" Taeyeon asked with low voice.

 

Tiffany smiled. "Sure. And I'm sorry, I cannot sleep at our room tonight. The nurse insisted that I slept here." She said.

 

"Oh, okay." Taeyeon said.

 

"Do you need anything, unnie?" Yoona asked. "I can bring them for you."

 

Tiffany shook her head softly. "No need. Just go rest and look for me tomorrow."

 

Yoona smiled and left with Taeyeon. Wooyoung followed soon, saying excuses like sleepy. Yoona had ran off to the room with the key. Taeyeon gave it to her because she didn't feel like running excitedly to anywhere. Wooyoung paced up with her and walked beside her with five centimetres gap.

 

He knew how Taeyeon doesn't like they look close to other people.

 

"Hey." He whispered, but enough for her to hear it.

 

She greeted with small voice. "Hey."

 

Wooyoung placed his hand in his pocket, not knowing what to do. Should he explain why Tiffany grab his hand? Should he tell her why they were together? But Taeyeon was the one who suggested that he should partner with Tiffany.

 

He raked his fingers through his hairs. "I went with Tiffany because you wanted it." He blurted out of nowhere.

 

She halted and looked at him confusedly. "Why are you telling me this?"

 

"I don't know!" He screamed. "I just wanted you to know that it's not my wish to be partnered with her!"

 

"So it's my fault?!" Taeyeon shot back. "I didn't  think I force you to do it!"

 

"Yes you did!" His eyes narrowed sharply at her. "Should I remind you what you told me!?"

 

"Don't do that for yourself," She said as calm as she could. "For me, can't you?"

 

She snapped as she remembered, "You can just ignore what I said. Why do you put the blame on me?!"

 

He ran his fingers through his hairs furiously. "I don't know! I don't know!"

 

"Why the hell are you shouting, Wooyoung?!" She screamed, not minding anymore of the abashed stares given from the bystanders.

 

"I don't know why I did that, and it's frustrating!" He retorted, "It felt absolutely unrighteous if I went with another girl when you're my....!" He stopped himself as he almost burst out their utmost secret.

 

Her eyes rounded in threatening way. "Don't you dare." She hissed. "Once it comes out from your mouth, especially when ears are around, we're over." She threatened.

 

"Then explain to me why I felt so wrong, so guilty if I go with another girl? You don't even care." He murmured the last sentence.

 

She heard it, unfortunately. It's not that I don't care, but I felt wrong too if people find out we've been dating. Fake or not. She thought, as she sighed. Wooyoung, I also don't know the answer.

 

 

 

 

The whole night was torturing. They can't sleep and Taeyeon decided to occupy Tiffany's space, mostly because she didn't want to gaze at Wooyoung's face for another night. Wooyoung looked at the empty spot and sighed to himself.

 

He laid flatly on his back and stared at the ceiling. What have I done? What have I said? I am the stupidest, dumbest person on Earth. I made us awkward. This is so unbearable...... Why am I actually feeling like this?

 

Heart beats fast when she was around, feeling giddy to can notice her everyday. And thinking her innocent and pure.... like angel.... those are outrageous thoughts that I ought to never think of her. She was my foe. We hated each other.

 

But now, I can't even think that way of her. I couldn't even see her in the bad way anymore. What's happening? What's with the sudden change of my feeling?

 

And seeing her this way, clearly avoiding me, aching my heart in the most unthinkable way. It hurts so much and it's frustrating that I don't even know what happened to myself, my heart, because there's no cure for this.

 

As long as this pain keep silent, I could never cure this.

 

Wooyoung thought and thought of this for the whole night.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon couldn't sleep either. And trust me, it's not mere frustration. She thought of what he said and repeated them again and again in her mind.

 

"I went with Tiffany because you wanted it." "I went with Tiffany because you wanted it." "I went with Tiffany because you wanted it." "I went with Tiffany because you wanted it."

 

She bit her lips. Hard.

 

She felt her heart unreasonably happy. It just got jumpy all of sudden, making her wondered what happened to her heart. She curled her hand into a fist and put it in front of her heart and closed her eyes.

 

What is this? As she closed her eyes, she could hear her own heart beating unsteadily. She slept facing sideways that whole night, curling herself into an almost ball.

 

 

 

 

At exactly one o'clock in the morning, Taeyeon woke up and wiped away the sweat beads forming on her forehead. She had an incredibly frightening dream. For her.

 

"You love him, don't you?" The familiar voice echoed accusingly.

 

"What? No, no!" Taeyeon screamed. "I don't love him! I don't!"

 

Tiffany's tears streamed down on her cheeks furiously. "You love him! You took him from me right under my nose! I thought we are best friends!"

 

Taeyeon shook her head furiously. "We are! I don't love him!" She shouted. "I don't love Wooyoung!" But the back of her mind was telling her otherwise. She just chose to ignore it.

 

"How could you Taeng? You betray my trust on you." Tiffany sobbed.

 

"NOOOO! I never mean too! No, I meant, I don't love him!!!!!" Taeyeon screamed...

 

 

before she woke up from the scary dream.

 

She glanced at the clock and sighed. She's not going to get a good sleep today. She decided to go out and stealthily got off from the bed and opened the door quietly, hoping nobody will know she sneaked out.

 

As soon as she left, Wooyoung's eyes snapped open.

 

 

 

 

 

The cold breeze greeted her as she went to the balcony to get fresh air to clean her confused mind. She's totally couldn't understand what she actually is feeling. There's two type of strange feelings she had been feeling ever since she befriends with Wooyoung; in this case, the more intimate relationship; fake couple.

 

First, as she had been saying all the time, her heart beats fast when she nears him.

 

Second, she felt tugging feeling when he talks or does anything with another girl. (Which is thankfully not a lot)

 

The first feeling is actually felt rather good than the second one. Whenever she felt the second strange feeling, she kind of thinking to rip off the girl's head and kills Wooyoung with any ways she could think of. The first feeling, however, made her feel like she's in the nine heaven or anything great places she loves.

 

She hates to say this; but she kind of fonds of him.

 

Her hand reached out and she grasped the railings softly, and gazed out the view. All green and dark. But this feels like what she needed. Calmness. Silence.

 

She had to think. And this is the perfect place for it.

 

 

 

"Taeng?"

 

Taeyeon opened her eyes and her mind screamed, you're just thinking. You are freaking thinking!

 

But that voice once again called her, this time softer. "Taeyeon?"

 

NONONO! That's totally unreal. No way he could've been here. She cringed at the thought, her grasped on the railings tighten. You're just overthinking.

 

"Kim Taeyeon." He pat her shoulder with one soft pat.

 

Damn, imagination couldn't touch you with a real touch. She thought as she slowly turned around.

 

"Wooyoung. What a surprise." She said with fake enthusiasm.

 

He frowned at her sarcastic way talking. "What are you doing out here?"

 

"What are you doing out here?" She asked back.

 

"Obviously not the same reason as why you here." He muttered.

 

She looked away with a sigh. "I'm here to think. I've a nightmare. Happy now?"

 

"I couldn't sleep. I was awoken all night." He said.

 

"So...." Her voice lost in the silence, she didn't know what to say.

 

That was one uncomfortable moment because they had an absolutely awkward fight before. 

 

"I think I'll go back to my room. I'll try to sleep." Taeyeon said, heading towards the hallway.

 

He grabbed her wrist. "Let's talk."

 

"There's nothing to talk about." She rejected, tugging her hand away.

 

But his grasped tighten. "I have."

 

"Spill. Quickly." She said in hurry.

 

She really didn't want to think of the possibilities for being caught with him. She wanted to go as soon as possible from him.

 

"I'm sorry, okay?" He softly whispered. "I'm sorry for bursting out in anger when it wasn't your fault. I was the one who chose to listen to you. I'm truly sorry."

 

She bit her lower lip, preventing her to say anything. She didn't know whether to cry or to laugh. It was so absurd and adding to her confusion.

 

"If any, I really want to make you feel better. I want you to be at least proud of me. I don't know why, but I feel I must do anything to make you happy." He blurted out what's on his mind without thinking twice. "I am willing to do anything. Anything for you."