Talking and Getting Better

Story Of Us

Taeyeon was so worried when she heard about Junho's condition and big problem. She felt as if she has a part of hurting him and determined to make him feel better; but not by breaking up with Wooyoung. As much as she loves Junho as a fried, losing Wooyoung for him was a bit...SO WRONG.

 

I mean, how on earth could she give up on her own happiness when she know she at least deserve to be happy, and not only for a few days. She and Wooyoung are meant to be, she knew it. And there was something else weird that she noticed.

 

Hyoyeon was avoiding her as well, just like Junho. But Taeyeon didn't understand why would Hyoyeon be like that, and she couldn't find her mistake to her at anything. She had this feeling, she had a feeling that Hyoyeon.....

 

But no, she shook her head whenever she thought of it. There's no way Hyoyeon is in love with Junho, right? The more she thought about it, the more absurd it was. Taeyeon closed her eyes, couldn't think of how much would it hurt if Hyoyeon does like Junho.

 

And how many people did she need to hurt because of her own selfishness?

 

A pair of arms s on her waist and pulled her closed to the arms' owner.

 

"What are you thinking so deeply?" Wooyoung nuzzled on her hair, smelling her nice fragrance.

 

Taeyeon inhaled deeply. "Just.... Hyoyeon and Junho." She replied honestly, placing her hands on Wooyoung's.

 

They were on a night date and currently standing on top of the 63 floor building, with locks all over the railings. They had made one too, and placed their wish locked together around the corner, noticing how safe that corner was.

 

Taeyeon was somehow fell into a deep thought, looking far to the town, which was lighted with electricity and nosy with the car's honks and whatever else there were.

 

"Are you okay?" He asked softly, noticing how guilty Taeyeon felt.

 

But it wasn't her nor his fault. They were just falling in love. And if loving her was a mistake, then it must be the best mistake he'd ever done in his entire life. And if he will be reborn again as a human, then he would fall for her again and again, until she was bored with him.

 

"Hmm, I think so." She smiled slightly but a ceased on her forehead told him the opposite.

 

"Don't lie to me, Taengoo." He said with adding a nickname he gave to her as he flicked her forehead lightly.

 

"I don't." She tried to laugh it off, but it sounded bitter.

 

"You know it's not your fault." He chided gently, hugging her even tighter.

 

"I was just wondering, why there were so many people hurt with us being together?"

 

Wooyoung just tighten his embrace. "Because, it's their fate." He replied nonchalantly.

 

Taeyeon broke the hug and faced him. She bored a death glared into his eyes. "How can you be so heartless!?" She scolded, slapping his shoulder with a hard whack. "You should have comforted me with a smooth way, not making me become a heartless person like you!"

 

Wooyoung bitterly rubbed the spot she had hit him. "That's really hurt." He said, making a painful face.

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "I thought you're a man."

 

"Hey, I am!" He replied defensively, stopping his rubbing action. "It's not hurt, but I wanted you to show you care with me, which you response with a cold action; such as saying 'I thought you're a man'," He made quotation marks at the said statement. "And you said I'm teaching you to become a heartless person," He grumbled.

 

She let out a deep, furious sigh. "Jang Wooyoung." She said through gritted teeth. "HOW DARE YOU!?"

 

And........

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WHACK!

 

 

 

 

 

The next Saturday found Taeyeon standing in front of Junho's house doorstep, nervously standing with clasped hands as if she was praying. She tugged the strap of her bag one more time before nodding to herself, bracing herself to ring the doorbell.

 

Her heart thud loudly as she waited for the door to be opened and when it did, she swallowed her saliva nervously.

 

A middle-aged woman looked at Taeyeon from head-to-toe, wondering what this lady is doing in front of her doorstep, looking anxious and nervous. "Who are you looking for?"

 

Taeyeon slapped herself for forgetting to introduce herself. She quickly bowed ninety degrees and announced, "Annyeonghaseyo! Kim Taeyeon imnida! I am Junho's friend. I heard he was injured so I came to visit him."

 

The woman smiled gratefully as she pushed the door wider so that Taeyeon could walk in. "Thank you for coming. I am Junho's mother." She said with thankful tone and gestured Taeyeon to follow her. "He had been so quiet these few days because the doctor forbid him from dancing, and we know how much dancing meant for him. He had never been this down, truthfully, and seeing him this way scared me." Junho's mother continued on talking as they walked up stairs to Junho's room on second floor.

 

Taeyeon only listened quietly, not sure what to say. "Has he been eating well?" She finally asked, realizing how rude it was to not say something the least.

 

Junho's mother smile fell immediately the moment Taeyeon asked the question. "Unfortunately, no. He's not been eating well." Her eyes brimmed with tears, but she refused to shed it. Suddenly, she grabbed Taeyeon's hand and looked straight into the latter's eyes. "Thank you for coming."

 

Taeyeon nodded as she watched Junho's mother retreated back to down stairs, after telling her to go inside Junho's room as she made drink for her. Taeyeon hesitantly looked at the closed door in front of her, wondering whether it's really alright to just barge in to someone's room like that. After a long, mental battling, she finally opened the door.

 

Junho was reading a book on his bed, sitting silently with a straight face, but everyone could notice the sad aura surrounding him. Taeyeon knocked on the door two times softly as she waited him to look up and see her. When he looked up, his eyes widen in surprised and he scrambled off the bed, unpurposely fell down to the floor.

 

Taeyeon quickly rushed over him and knelt down beside him, looking worried and cared. "Are you okay!?" She asked with a high-pitch voice.

 

"T-Taeyeon?" Junho asked with a disbelief voice. He couldn't believe she was right in front of his eyes!

 

Taeyeon smiled hesitantly when Junho was looking with his large eyes, making her feel so uncomfortable. She felt so disturbed just by standing there, doing nothing and looking at him. Could he just stop looking at me that way!? She screamed desperately in her mind, trying not to choke herself out of frustration.

 

Then, as if he understood what she was thinking, he looked away and brushed his hands on his homey pants. He brushed his hair using his fingers hurriedly because he wanted to look good in front of her, he also wiped his face harshly with his hands, afraid if there are drools or anything like that.

 

That just made her more uncomfortable.

 

After a long silence, the two just awkwardly standing as they faced each other, not knowing how to start a conversation. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, a voice broke in, "Here is the drink and food!"

 

Taeyeon quickly stepped back and faced Mrs. Lee, who was bringing in a tray of drinks and foods. "Omo, ahjummeoni, there's no need for you to make anything for me! You don't have to busy yourself." Taeyeon said caringly, being the respectful girl she was.

 

"Aigoo, it's okay! It's only a cup of tea and snack for you to eat while the two of you talk." Mrs. Lee brushed her off. "I will go now. Take care of him while I'm gone, okay, Taeyeon ssi?" Before Taeyeon could reply, Mrs. Lee had stalked off from the room.

 

The room once again fell into an uncomfortable silence.

 

Junho cleared his throat before he gestured her to sit on the floor, since there's no couch in the room. "Please be comfortable and drink the tea." Junho shakily said, he was still in the state of disbelieving. He fell on the bed with his as Taeyeon silently sat down on the floor, taking the cup in her hand.

 

She slowly rubbed the porcelain skin of the cup, transferring the warm tea to her skin. She felt herself relaxing a bit. "So.... how are you?" She asked, relaxing herself a bit.

 

"I'm fine, thank you." He replied hesitantly. His emotions were mixed up and he didn't know how to response her. He gathered his courage up, "What are you doing here?"

 

Taeyeon felt her mind stop functioning for a while. Was that hostility she detected in his voice? She shook her head, brushing off the annoying thought. "I'm visiting you."

 

"Why?" His voice dripped with curiousity and hope.

 

Taeyeon sighed, couldn't bear to see him like this. It's time to finalize everything once and for all. She didn't want him to get more heartbroken than he already was, and decided to tell him everything in simple way. "Look, Junho. I came here because I worried for you, but I only see you as a friend. I care for all my friends and I visit them if any of them is sick, and I'm doing the same to you. What I am doing now wasn't something special, and I don't want you to feel that way. I don't want to hurt you, Junho. That's why, the faster I talked to you about this, the faster you can move on. I hope you understand what I'm trying to do now, Junho. This is the best for all of us."

 

Junho was trying to digest everything she said in his brain and felt dizzy for the whole information and fact that she just cruelly threw over him. He knew she meant every word and never meant to hurt him. But damn, no matter how soothing she wanted to say it (which she did it badly), it still hurt. And very.

 

"I never wanted to hurt anyone, Junho. I hope you understand." Taeyeon rubbed her forehead. "I'm just not the one for you. There are other girls out there, and one of them is yours. So just erase me from your head, your feeling for me, and find a better girl for you. I wish you all the best, Junho." She said calmly, her eyes were searching his, hoping that they could make eye-contact and he could feel all the sincerity from her eyes.

 

Junho finally looked up, his eyes were blank and his face was emotionless. For a minute of silence, he only stared blankly at her before finally opening his mouth, "Then, why are you here? If you avoid me, I might have the chance to move on even faster."

 

Taeyeon shook her head. "No. Avoiding you means nothing. I still want to be your friend and if avoiding you can only make me lose you, I better not. And more, you are friend with Wooyoung, and I don't want just because of me; or anything else, the two of you broke the friendship bond. I thought of what should I do before, and I think talking would be the best choice out of everything." She explained. "You do know that Tiffany liked Wooyoung, right?"

 

Junho nodded.

 

Taeyeon continued, sighing at the memory. "At first Tiffany avoided me, just like what you asked me to do. But later, she came to me and we talked. I still don't know what's the reason she did it, but I think it's because she found someone else." Taeyeon remembered when she first saw Tiffany and Siwon one day when she and Wooyoung were eating at a ddukbokki restaurant, and sneakily went away from the place before the other couple found out they were eating there. Then she gazed back at Junho tenderly, almost lovingly, but not the love like her love for Wooyoung. "And you could do the same. Finding someone who really worth your time and your love."

 

Their gazes locked and Junho pondered on what Taeyeon just told him. Everything she said make sense and everything was undeniably true. All the things she'd been saying was her support to let him fall for another woman, to fall for someone who might love him back just like he loves that person.

 

After a long thought, he finally made up his mind. "Well, I can't say you're wrong or you're at fault of my injury. And thank you for visiting me, I mean it. I might be a douche-bag for a while when you came, and I'm sorry for that." He smiled. "You think you could forgive me?"

 

Taeyeon beamed at him and got up, walking towards him. She gave him a light punch on the shoulder, and said softly, "Of course."

 

"And please bless me to find my happiness soon." Junho squeezed her hand.

 

"I think she might come sooner." Taeyeon let a teasing gaze at him, as if she knew who the person is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And I think I might be right.