the talk. their dreams. one day.

Perfect Getaway..

~ Hazel's POV

It’s been few days since jiyong came here, he always accompany me everywhere I go. He drove me to college, and wait for me until my class is done. We’ll be going home together, eat dinner, talk about anything except us. We talk about everything except what happened in seoul. I don’t know why, it’s just maybe I’m not ready to talk about it and to face the next thing that will happen if we talk and jiyong seems to understand that. Even though I knew the main reason that he came here was to talk about it, to make things right.

Today I have an afternoon class. We go early from the house and grab lunch in a diner near the college.

“so, what time will your class end?” he ask while munching his tuna sandwich.

“around 8 pm.”

“8 PM?? Woah.. okay, I’ll be there when you done.” He said.

“you know jiyong, you don’t have to pick me up everyday like this. I can go home by myself, just wait for me at home. Waiting for me at the car is tiring right?”

“nope. I’m here to be with you, what’s the point if coming here if I don’t spend most of my time with you? So I’ll be there, waiting.”

“up to you then.” I said while checking all the papers that I need to bring today.

“that’s a lot of papers you bring right there. What is that? Homework?” he ask looking at me roaming around my bag that filled with papers.

“it’s my thesis proposal.”

“thesis proposal?”

“yeah, I have to bring these papers to the professor to be checked. And if he approves my proposal, then I can start working on my thesis and graduate.”

“graduate? You’ll be graduating this semester?? How come you never told me about it?”

“well you never asked.”

After finishing our lunch, we continue our way to college. I bid goodbye to him and get out of the car went straight to class meeting daisy there. She smile teasingly at me, again.

“what?”

“he drove you here again today? Uuuuhh.. such a prince charming. Wait he’s a dragon not a prince so it will be a charming dragon. Why can’t seungri come here and he will be my charming panda.” She said daydreaming again in her fangirling world and I just laugh at her silly face.

“so are you guys back together again or something?” she ask me looking serious this time.

“I don’t know. We’re not.”

“what do you mean you don’t know?”

“I mean, we never talk about it.”

“why? I thought he come here to talk about everything that happened back then in seoul.”

“because, I kinda avoid that talk.”

“what? Why?”

“I don’t know , it’s just I’m not ready to face that kind of talk. Just say, we finally had that talk and then what? I don’t want all those bad things happen again, not to him.” I said.

“hey, you can’t let those keeps past haunting you and control your life.” She said and as I want to talk back the professor come in starting the lecture of the day.

 

~no one’s POV

As he see her walking to class, jiyong park his car in the parking lot. He sit on the driver seat and take out his notebook. Starts scribble the lyrics that came into his mind. This is what he do everytime he wait for her class to be done. Writing. He close his eyes, try to recall the lyrics that’ve been running around his mind. All that came out is her face. Hazel’s smiling face. He’s happy when he’s with her like this. He knew coming to new York is the right thing to do and she is the only one he need in his life. His tought suddenly interrupted by the sound of his phone ringing. It’s seunghyun.

“yoboseyo? Hyung?”

“hello, jiyong..” wait. It’s not seunghyun hyung’s voice. The voice is husky but different he thought. He’s confused not saying anything and just look at the caller id once again it shows seunghyun’s name. then he heard the laugh he knew the most.

“yah! Maknae!” He yell at the phone.

“hyuuuung… hahahahaa you thought I’m seunghyun hyung… hahahahahaa… my imitating voice is great, maybe next time I’ll use sajangnim’s voice. Hahahahahaa” the maknae unstoppably laughing at him.

“yah!! you! Do you want your part cut out from the song?huh?!”

“no..no .. hyung.. mianheyo hyung..” the maknae said then he hear someon snatch the phone.

“jiyong-ah!” it’s yongbae.

“wassup, bae..”

“how are you? How is hazel? How is the two of you?” yongbae ask him. Then he hear Seunghyun’s voice “yongbae! Put it on speaker, so we can hear it!”

“arassoo arassoo.. I put it on speaker already so talk now ji..” yongbae said.

“what do you want me to talk about?” jiyong said chuckling at the members. He can imagine how their faces look like waiting for him to talk.

“okay cut the chase. How are you with Hazel there? Did you work everything out? You finally get her back right?” Seunghyun said being the impatient one.

“I don’t know.”

“what do you mean?” seunghyun said again.

“I don’t know we haven’t talk about it yet.”

“WHAT? You’ve been there for like 4days and you haven’t talk about it yet?”

“I know.. but I don’t want to rush her, it seems like she’s not ready to talk so I want to take it slow until she finally want to talk about it. I don’t want to rush things and make the same mistake again hyung.”

“hmmm..” all of them said at the same time , understanding jiyong’s position. Since they knew how wrecked he is when hazel left him and they don’t want jiyong going through all that again.

“well, take it slow then hyung. She must be afraid all the things that happened back then will repeat again. You have to make her believe that won’t happen. “ Daesung said being the wise one.

“arasso daesung-ah..”

“jiyong hyung, hwaiting!” seungri scream from the background.

“gomawo maknae..” jiyong said smiling.

“be home soon jiyong.. and you better in a happy shape when you get back” Yongbae said.

“I hope so,bae.” He said then they bid their goodbye and hung up the phone. He got his confidence back, he will get her back. He can’t live without her anymore. She’s the one that brighten up his day. Just her being beside him already mark his happiness. She’s the only one that can make him feel this way. He look at his watch and it’s already 7.30 pm. 30minutes left until he finally can see her again. He starts scribbling on his notebook again, humming a happy melody for his song. Then he saw her walking out the building with daisy. His face lit up again, he get out from the car to greet her but her expression is different. He come closer to her.

“hey, beautiful. Let’s go have dinner now..” he said smiling wide.

“not now jiyong.” she said and just walk away from him. Jiyong confused with her sudden cold act. Did he make a mistake again? He thought.

“hey..hey.. what happened? Are you okay?” he said walking to her and grab her wrist to stop her from walking. She struggle from his grip.

“leave me alone.” She said and free her hand from his keep walking away fast. Her face is red, her eyes are swelling with tears.

“hey.. haze.. talk to me..” he keeps calling for her until daisy poke his shoulder. He turn around with questioning look.

“let her be alone.. she needs to calm herself. Come on let’s talk, I’ll explain everything.” Daisy said as they look at hazel walking outside the gate. Jiyong just nodded, then they walk to the closest coffee house. They sit , while jiyong impatiently biting his nails. He always do that when he nervous or worried about something. Or in this case, someone.

“what happened with her?” jiyong ask worried. It’s hard to keep his feet from running towards her.

“I know that you might be thinking that it has something to do with you. But it’s not.” Daisy said

“so? What’s wrong?”

“you know that she supposed to bring her thesis proposal to be approved by the professor right?” daisy started.

“yeah, she told me earlier it has something to do with her graduating from college. Did she lost the papers? What happened?”

“ no, she bring it to the professor. But, he rejected it.”

“WHAT? He rejected her proposal?? Why??”

“The professor said the topic was to simple and not qualified to be a thesis title. And the bad news is, that thesis is the only opportunity for her to be graduated this semester. By the professor rejected it, she lost her hope.”

“Oh my.. aish.. is there any other way to revise or dateline for her to remake the proposal so she can still get approved this time?”

“well, the professor said if she want to, she have to remake it from the scratch and bring it to him 7am tomorrow.”

“aiiisshh… then why can’t she try to remake it then? I mean there’s still time right?”

“the time is less than 10 hours jiyong. meanwhile she spent 10 days working that papers until late at night sometime she didn’t sleep until the morning. And hearing the professor words, she just gave up. It’s hard for her you know, the work that you’ve been work your sweat on get rejected like that.” Daisy said feeling sad and pathetic at the sametime not being able to help her bestfriend. They always promise to graduate together. Now, that dream may not coming true. She see jiyong busy calling with his phone.

“aissh.. she’s not answering her phone. Knowing her, she won’t be home. Daisy, do you know where she might be? I mean the place she like to spent time the most when she want to be alone?”

“well, the only place she might be is Central Park. Wait. Where are you going?” daisy said shocked looking at jiyong get up from his seat walking towards the door. He turn around.

“I’m going to make sure that she got that proposal approved tomorrow and graduate this semester.” Is all he said as he stormed outside the door leaving daisy sit there smiling thinking how lucky her bestfriend to have someone that love her like that.

Jiyog went to the car and drive to central park. He park the car and roam around central park to find hazel. After almost half an hour running around, he finally find her sitting on the grass looking at the sky, wiping her tears once in a while. the dark sky seems like complete her sadness. That scenery really broke his heart. He come closer to her and wrap his jacket around her shoulders. She shuddered by the sudden warmness wrapping her. She look around and find jiyong smiling sadly at her. She feels her tears swelling against her eyes again.

“how did you find me here?” she said.

“daisy.”

“aah.. figures.” she look straight to the sky.

“you know, the song ‘Haru-haru’ wasn’t supposed to come out exactly like how it is now.”

“hm? What do you mean?”

“The song used to be different. Well the concept story is the same but the lyrics and melody are different. When I give the song to sajangnim, he told me that it’s too bland. He told me that there’s no emotion in it. He even told yongbae to try writing the song instead of me that time. I’m mad , angry and disappointed by myself. I even thought that I lost my skill on writing song. But then I calm my head, open my mind wide, connecting my ear with my feel and listen to the song once again figuring out which part is wrong. Then I get it. Just like sajangnim said it is bland. I didn’t get the emotion, the feeling of someone being at that position. Then I make it from the start pouring all my feeling into it, focusing on that one song and it finally come out perfect just like what it is now.”

“jiyong, stop it. I knew the point of you telling me all this is too bring back my lost hope so I don’t gave up on it. But I’m not you, I’m not as talented as you. I spent days and nights working on that proposal , and making it from the start in one night is just impossible. So all the things that you’re trying to do here, just stop it.” she said wiping her tears again. Suddenly jiyong grab her shoulders with his hands and make her face him.

“hey, listen to me. It’s not about talent. It’s about the will. The passion. The dream that you want to achieve, how strong your will to achieve that dream. You know, life is like playing video game. This right now is the level that you have to pass to reach the next level. And this professor of yours is the boss that you have to beat by getting his approvement this time. Nothing is impossible. I thought meeting and falling in love with you is impossible, but look at me now. I fall head over heels with you. You are Hazel Forbes. The strongest and smartest girl I have ever met, and this kind of obstacle is no match for you. You can do this.”

“I can do this?”

“yes you can. Come on now, there’s no time to waste.” He said then pick her up from the ground.

“let’s get those paper done and shove it to his face tomorrow morning.” He said again as he look at her lips forming a tiny smile then grab her hand bringing her to the car and drive home. As they arrived home, Hazel finally get her spirits back thanks to jiyong. She go straight to her room and start working on the papers knowing that jiyong will be on her side supporting her every step on the way. Jiyong himself never leave her side, when she starts to feel down again he make her favorite hot chocolate for her. Just to get her spirits up again. All he wants is to see her happy, to see her being able achieve her dreams. Right now, her dreams is as important as his dreams and he want to be able to reach them together.

 After hours of not sleeping and focusing on the laptop screen. She finally finished her new thesis proposal. She can’t believe it. it’s 5 am in the morning and there’s still 2hours left until the deadline time. She stretch her body and look at her side, there he is sleeping on the chair holding one of her books. She looks at him closer and whisper ‘thank you , kwon jiyong.’ . he started to stirred in his sleeps opening his eyes one by one. He find her staring at him.

“what’s wrong? Do you need anything?” he said sitting straight on the chair, as the drowsiness leaving his body.

“it’s done.”

“what is? Come on, you can do it haze. Don’t give up.”

“I said it’s done. I finished the proposal.” Her face lit up. Smiling widely.

“REALLY??!! What time is it? come on! We have to go now!” he said smiling and look at the clock.

“Let me take a shower first then I’ll bring it by myself. You’re tired from staying all night, ji. Just take a sleep here.”

“no, I’m coming with you. I’ll be with you everystep of the way.” He said and she nodded then walk to the bathroom to get a shower. After finishing her shower they went straight to the college. It’s Saturday so there are no student that early in the morning. Jiyong walk with hazel to the professor’s office. She handed the proposal and being told to wait outside while it’s being checked by the professor. They wait outside sitting on the sofa on the waiting room right outside the professor’s office. She keep rocking her feet while jiyong biting his nails. They’re nervous, both of them. Then the secretary called her name to meet the professor. She get up and look at jiyong once again ‘you can do it. fighting!’ jiyong mouthed. Then she went in to the office.

Jiyong wait outside. Seconds feels like days. Minutes feels like months. He get shocked by the sound of ringing from his phone. It’s show seungri’s name.

“what maknae?”

“hyung, I think you need to come back to seoul as soon as possible.”

“wae? What happened?”

“sajangnim has been asking for you, we try to hold him but I don’t know for how much longer anymore. He keeps looking for you knowing that our comeback date is getting close.” The maknae sounds so worried and scared. Jiyong run his hand trough his hair.

“arasso, give me one more day, maknae. Just one more day and I’ll be back.”

“okay hyung. I’ll do my best to hold him.”

“thank you seungri-ah.” He said then hung up the phone. He can’t leave her now. he needs to do that talk. He needs to get her back. Just then the office door open revealing her walk out of the room. He get up and approach her.

“so? What did he say?”

“it-it-it’s approved! I did it! We did it jiyong!” she said crying in happiness and hug jiyong tight. He smile wide feeling her happiness crawling all over his body. They get out of the building and go to the car still smiling and laughing can’t believe that they really did it.

“hazel-ah..”

“hm?”

“I don’t know if it’s the right time or not.. but..”

“what’s wrong ji?”

“will you be my girlfriend again?” jiyong finally said. Hazel is shocked to hear that question. She doesn’t know how to answer it. She love him, yes. But she just don’t know if getting back with him is the right decision for both of them.

“J-Jiyong..” she stuttered

“I’m leaving.” Her face drop. He’s leaving that means no more jiyog beside her. No more breakfast, lunch or dinner with him.

“what? When?”

“tomorrow. Seungri called saying that sajanganim is start to looking for me. That’s why I’m asking you this now. let’s get back together. Please be my girlfriend again..”

“I don’t know ji.. it-it’s j-j-just..”

“give me one day.”

“huh? One day?”

“yes.. tomorrow, give me one day tomorrow so I can convinced you that those things that make you scared and haunted you won’t happen again. Give me that one day and the rest of it will be up to you to decide.”

“but you said you’re leaving tomorrow.”

“I’ll take the last flight. Please ? give me a chance to make things right..”

“okay..” she nodded.


WEEYYSSUUUPPP READERS!!

New chapter here!

This is maybe the last chapter that I update in 2012.

Consider it as my New Year present for all of you.. ^^

so there it is a long long chapter.. LOL

is it too long for one chapter? or not?

what do you think will jiyong do? what will he prepare?

hahhaahhaaa

Thank you for leaving comments, subscribing, for reading and everything..

thank you for all the attention and supports that you gave for me this year.

HAPPY HOLIDAY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

BYE... SEE YALL NEXT YEAR! ^^

ps : still getting goosebumps on Bigbang's performance in SBS Gayo daejun!

. that perfomance is perfection.