009

My Bestfriend's Boyfriend

'Don't you think love is such an interesting thing?' I said without really thinking as the emotions in me suddenly burst out of me. I guess the alcohol affected me as I wouldn't usually talk about something like this.

'One day someone can say that they love you, and the next they suddenly stop loving you. They stop caring about you, or even to refuse to look at you. Isn't it scary?' I said that in quite an angry tone as my rage was building up.

My parents loved me once.  But one day, they came back from work, and it all changed.

They stopped talking to me, showed no interest for me. They stopped loving me. That's when I learned the truth about love, that it doesn't last forever.

It was like Jungkook was about to speak but he got interrupted by Taehyung.

'Guys there you are!' He said and started catching his breath after running to find us.

 

-

 

Soon I found myself in the backseat next to Jungkook. He was too miserable so Jimin is driving his car.

The car was silent throughout the whole way, no one spoke. I was staring out the window, observing the raindrops hitting against the window.

It reminded me of the day I was rescued, I sat in the police car. It rained that day. Mum and dad would've been better off without me. Apart of me wanted to just end my life. I wasn't wanted anywhere anyway.

'We're here.' Jimin said and broke my train of thoughts.

I got out the car. For some reason, tonight, all my bad memories keep coming back, I'm not normally like this, but tonight, I felt really emotional and depressed.

'Bye.' Jimin said and gave me a hug. I waved and smiled while I entered the building lobby.

Jungkook followed closely after me, as I entered the elevator, Jungkook stood behind me. Complete silence.

As I reached my floor, I looked back at him, his face as miserable as ever. 

'Look, I'm sorry about Jen. I know I'm not very good in terms of relationship, I guess I don't really understand, but I hope you'll feel better soon.'

I walked out and went into my house. Again my parents weren't home. I wonder where mum goes to sleep. These days it seems like she doesn't even come home anymore.

Oh well, I prefer it like this, it's not like I'm gonna speak to them anyways even if they're at home.

That night, I just couldn't sleep. I lied in bed for hours, thinking about everything about anything. Mostly about Jungkook, I just didn't know why. The image of him crying just kept coming back to my head, and he thought of him makes me nervous. I don't really know what's happening to me, but I'm starting to feel something weird. 

 

-

 

The next morning I woke up and I looked really tired and pale. The lack of sleep also caused me to refuse to wake up.

I left my house and waited for the elevator, as the door opened, Jungkook was standing there already. I prepared myself for the awkwardness as I walked in and stood next to him.

'Hey... How are you feeling?' I asked.

He seemed to still be a bit upset but he seemed better than yesterday.

'I'm better thanks...'

'Have you talked to Jen about this yet?'

His face darkened.

'We broke up yesterday.'

'I'm sorry...'

'It's okay, you don't have to say sorry. It was gonna happen anyways.'

The elevator reached ground floor and we walked together to the bus stop.

'Oh yea, do you wanna go running together after school or something? As coach said we have to go running everyday to keep fit, we might as well just go together as we both have to do it.' I said to change the topic.

I realised Jennie would probably be hungover today so she probably won't come to school. It's probably better for both of them not to see each other for a while, it seems like they broke up on bad terms.

'Yea that's a good idea.'

He then became silent.

'Do you have any siblings?' I asked.

'No, I'm an only child. Why?'

'Hmm just asking, that explains why you're so quiet and shy all the time.'

'I'm not shy!' He said louder.

I couldn't help but start laughing, it's funny how he get so protective.

'What?' He said in an innocent way.

'No... just how you reacted was so funny! Don't have to get all defensive all of a sudden.'

He laughed softly.

We got on the bus and sat in our usual seats.

 

'What do you mean you have never watched Harry Potter? Everyone has seen it! Are you kidding me?' Jungkook said.

'I'm serious! I don't get why everyone get so excited and hyped about them. It's about a guy with no nose failing to kill a powerless baby and now he is trying to get back his powers and whatever. Sounds boring to me.' I dissed.

'No one day we have to watch it together and you'll definitely take back what you said before. I swear!' He said.

'What if I don't like it? You have to treat me lunch if I didn't enjoy it.'

'Deal! Looks like you're gonna be treating me lunch!'

We reached school and we chatted as we walked to our lockers.

Taehyung and Hoseok was by my locker.

I went up to them with Jungkook.

'You alright bro?' Taehyung high fived Jungkook and hugged him.

'Better yea.' Jungkook said.

It seemed like Jungkook and the boys had actually gotten quite close for some reason.

'Hey Jisoo!' Hoseok said and we fist pumped.

'Is Jennie better now?' I whispered to Hoseok as Taehyung and Jungkook talked.

'She was crying when I took her home, she didn't act drunk and she was completely awake. I was really confused.' He explained.

'Wait so she wasn't drunk?' I asked, shocked. What is happening? Why is Jennie being like this?

'I don't really know what's happening as well... Don't tell Jennie I told you. When she was in the car she was still crying, but when I tried to give her her bag that she left in the car, she was completely fine, and I heard her talking on the phone with someone.'

'...What?'

'I know right, something strange is going on with her, and I don't like the sound of it.'

Something is up with her and I have a bad feeling about this...

'Come in let's go it's lesson time.' Jungkook said as he poked me.

'Do we have a test today?' Hoseok asked.

'Oh do we?' I said, surprised. Oh well, I probably wouldn't have revised anyways.

' me neither. Should we have a bet? Whoever gets lower has to treat the winner food.'

'Call!' All four of us yelled.

'I bet Jungkook will end up having to treat us.' I said.

'Yah! I'm clever you know!' He said and hit my arm.

As we walked it, silence filled the room. I thought we we were late or something that's why it was quiet but when I looked into the room, Jennie was there, in my sit next to Jimin.

And she didn't look happy.