039

My Bestfriend's Boyfriend

There was a red box under my parent's bed that caught my attention.

I took out the box, I had never seen it before.

I opened the box, it wasn't nothing interesting to my disappoint, there was a grey scarf just like mine I wear in the winter, a few books, but one thing in the box stood out to me. 

There was a photograph of mum with some people taken around the same time as in the photograph she dropped.

The picture was extremely blurry, I couldn't make out the faces of those people, but there were names.

'Park Jinyoung... Lee Minjoo... Bae Suzy? That's quite an unusual name...' 

They were just names that I didn't know, and just with names, I can get nowhere. I don't even know what school my mum went to so this is all meaningless.

I closed the box and put the pictures on my desk, they were important for me to find out more about everything.

 

The next morning I woke up early so I decided to go for a run. I ran pass where I would normally run and remembered Jungkook telling me about that cafe that was recruiting. I really needed to get a job so I went to the cafe.

To my surprise the cafe lights were on. The poster outside did say they were looking for students as part time workers so I went in.

'Sorry we're not open yet!' A guy said from the counter.

'Sorry my name's Jisoo and I came to ask about the job.'

The guy from the counter came out and smiled.

'Oh finally! I was quite urgent to find a person. What school do you go to?'

'XXX High School.'

'Oh! One of my employees go there as well! I'm Nichkhun by the way, and you're hired.' He said and smiled.

'Great! Thank you so much! When do I have to work?'

'Tuesday and Thursday from 5 to 8 and Saturday from 9 to 8. Is that fine for you?' He asked.

'Yea that's perfect! Thank you so much! I'll see you this evening!' I said and bowed.

I happily went home and got changed into school uniform and went out.

'I got a job!' I said as I swung Jungkook's hand around as we were walking to the bus stop.

'Really? Is it at that cafe place!'

'Yea! The boss is really nice, he didn't even ask me much and hired me.'

'I'll come often then.' He said and smiled.

Arriving at school, girls were constantly giving me jealous looks as now everyone knows me and Jungkook are dating.  We went to the classroom soon after the bell rang. Rose happily greeted Jungkook when he sat next to her. He smiled shyly at her.

'So your exam grans this term in economics isn't going to be based on a test, but a presentation.'

The whole class immediately sighed, a presentation always meant more work.

'K quiet down. I thought it would be a great opportunity for you guys to learn more, since you guys never listen in class anyways. You will be working with your test partner and this is due in 3 weeks. The best presentation will receive a prize.'

We all sighed again as we all knew the prize would be anyways, probably gonna be some book coupons.

I looked over and Rose looked especially happy compared to everyone else, then I realised why, because she was gonna work with Jungkook.

I sighed and Jimin sensed that I was sighing because of Rose.

'You know he will never do something like that.'

'I know but Rose is just so annoying.'

'Aww she's just too innocent.'

Sure. 

 

Lunch break ended quickly and training was tougher as there is a competition coming up soon. Me and Jungkook already surpassed our target and we were confident we were gonna win.

'I'll pick you up at 8 later okay?' Jungkook said.

'Okay I'll see you later!' I said and went into the cafe.

'Jisoo! Excited to start work?' Nichkhun welcomed me.

'Here's your locker and your apron. One of the employees will teach you how to use everything when you're done changing.' He said and showed me the locker room.

I walked out after I put on the apron and put my stuff away and looked for an employee.

'Jisoo?' Someone familiar said and I turned around to see...

'Hanbin? You were the employee Nichkhun was talking about?'

'What a coincidence! I had a feeling it was gonna be you as Nichkhun described you as the pretty girl with long brown hair.' 

'He said that? That's so funny.'

'Common I'll show you how to use everything.' He said and started teaching me how to use the machines to make coffee.

'Okay I think I got it.'

'You're a quick learner, Nichkhun would be so proud of you. Normally it takes a new comer a while to learn to use the machines.'

'Of course, I'm a genius.' I joked.

'You? Maybe. But I was the first person to not spill anything the first time I made coffee.'

'Ahh come again? I didn't hear you.' I said as I filled the cup with coffee with ease.

'You're so annoying.' He said with an unimpressed face.

My first day working was quite fun actually, it went really well and I didn't have any problems with orders and everything.

'Miss please may I have a latte?'

I turned around from the machine and saw Jungkook with a wide smile on his face.