004

My Bestfriend's Boyfriend

'You're now going to be trained separately from others, including warm up and everything. I'll talk to you guys in more detail later. You may be dismissed.'

It was awkward as we both walked to the changing rooms. I walked slightly ahead and none of us talked.

After I got my bag, I headed to the bus station. At the same time, Jungkook also walked there, in silence again, I walked slightly in front of him.

It was like he purposely followed closely after me, like he was doing his duty to protect me.

I got in my seat and as expected he sat next to me, avoiding the y girls. Finally the girls left him alone, and I put my earphones in while I looked out the window.

After a while, we arrived at the station and we all got off to go our separate ways. 

Jungkook still followed closely after me. I turned around to look and he looked away like he wasn't walking with me on purpose. I walked slowly to see if he was walking behind me on purpose and he didn't walk in front of me. He just stayed walking behind me.

Again, I turned around, this time I spoke.

'You know you don't have to do what Jennie told you to do. I won't tell her.'

'I'm walking the same way anyways. Besides, it's not like I'm doing this for you, I'm doing this for Jennie.'

What he said kind of surprised me, I didn't know he was gonna be this honest. 

'Okay then suit yourself. I don't really care.'

Then we fell into silence again.

I wanted to get along with him, just because he's Jennie's boyfriend, but it seems he has no intention to do that after all. Well then, it's not my fault that I'm not trying.

I put my earphones back in. As I approached the apartment building, I saw my little brother walking out and the moment he saw me he immediately ran towards me.

I took my earphones out and smiled brightly as I hugged him and carried him into my arms.

'How come you're here alone?' I asked smiling.

'Granny said she wanted to get something from the market and I ran so I could meet noona!'

As I looked at the building door granny walked out from there and her expression turned cold. Mum and dad always have to go to work so my little brother lives with my granny in the same building. Somehow my grandma just doesn't like me so I never get to visit my little brother Zelo.

'You better get back to granny she seems angry at me again.' I said as I put him down.

'Awww but I don't want to go with grandma I want noona!' 

I looked at my whiny little brother and at my grandma. She knew Zelo liked me more than her so she just handed me a list.

'This is the shopping list, take care of him.'

This always happened, that's why Zelo always tries his best to find me so he can spend time with me. I try to be nice to grandma but she's always really cold to me.

'Yay untie let's go!' Zelo held my shirt and pulled me as granny went back.

Suddenly, the boy behind me coughed and he looked at me.

'You can go you know.' I said to him while holding Zelo's hand.

'Noona who is that?' Zelo asked innocently.

'Don't worry about him.'

'But I promised Jennie...-'

'Suit yourself then, I'm going to the supermarket. Follow me if you want, leave if you want. I don't care.' I said and turned around with Zelo.

'Noona the guy is following us!' Zelo whispered loudly as he tried to keep quiet.

I turned around and he looked away. He really likes Jennie I guess.

After 10 minutes walk we arrived at the supermarket and we took a basket as there was quite a lot on the list.

'Noona noona I want the teddy!' He whined as he pointed at the gigantic doll.

'Maybe for your birthday, but not now okay?'

'Thanks noona you're the best!'

I got the groceries and the basket got heavier and heavier, filled with milk, food, and other stuff.

I forgot Jungkook was still there as I was too busy taking care of Zelo and getting the groceries.

I struggled to balance myself as the basket was now too heavy for me to handle. With a hard pull from Zelo as he saw a toy, I managed to lose my balance. I closed my eyes to wait for the fall when somebody caught me with both hands around my arm.

I opened my eyes and it was Jungkook. How can this get any more awkward.

'You okay?' He asked softly.

'Ye- yea thx...' I said and stood back up.

'I'll take it.' He offered.

'No no it's fine...'

He ignored and grabbed the heavy basket.

'I don't want Jennie smacking my head when she sees a bruise or something on you.'

I giggled and for the first time I saw him smile  slightly in front of me. Finally I felt like the ice had melted a tiny bit between us.

'Thx. I just need to get rice and then I'm done.'

'Noona noona look at this!' Zelo came running back with sweets in his hands.

'Does granny let you eat them?'

'Ne! She's bought them for me before.'

I raised an eyebrow as I was trying to tell if he was lying.

'Fine I'll get it but don't blame me when grandma tells you off!'

 

I got everything else I needed and paid for them. There was so much I needed 2 large bags. As I was about to grab the other bag, Jungkook grabbed it and carried it on his shoulder.

I couldn't help but sniggered.

'What?' He asked.

'Nothing nothing.' I said and turned around.

'Tell me.' He asked again.

'Nothing... you just look like an ahjumma with that bag on your shoulder...'

He did look like an old lady with the bag granny gave me to put stuff in, it looked funny even though I wasn't close to him.

'Shut up, let's just go.'

'Okay okay...'