023

My Bestfriend's Boyfriend

I walked to the field and sat on one of the benches. Jimin came after and sat next to me as he gave me a carton of strawberry milk.

'Thanks.' I said and drank the milk through the straw.

'I knew he was trouble.'

I looked at Jimin as he was looking at the field.

'Hmm...'

We sat and enjoyed the view and the breeze blowing against us.

'I really don't understand Jennie...'

'Me neither. Maybe she's having family problems, who knows.' Jimin said.

'If that's the case, I wouldn't be annoyed at her acting this way, but I would be annoyed at the fact that she's not telling me anything.'

It was training time so I went to the changing rooms with Jimin, coach still won't let me train so I'll just have to sit around.

As I was waiting outside, Jungkook came out of the changing rooms. I tried to turn around nut he called me.

'Jisoo...' He said in a gentle voice.

I just stared at him. 

'Please can we talk.'

'I don't want to.'

He took a step and I took a step back.

He was gonna reach to touch my shoulder or something but a hand stopped him. It was Jimin.

'What do you think you're doing?'

'I just wanted to talk.'

'She doesn't want to. Didn't I warn you already? Stay away from her.'

Jimin held my wrist and pulled me along with him as we walked to the field.

What does he mean when he said he warned Jungkook? What did he tell him?

I sat on the benches in training time instead of helping Jungkook. There're no way I'm helping him train.

I watched Jimin run and train with his partner, separately from the others as they are the best runners out of the 100m group, like me and Jungkook.

He was really fast and looked really cool, no wonder the girls like him so much. I focused on watching Jimin but from time to time I couldn't help by look at Jungkook. He looked really manly and handsome in his running gear. Damn it Jisoo, stop thinking about him.

Jimin winked at me as he walked over after his race.

'Don't I look so cool?' He said and ran his fingers through his hair.

'You look like an idiot.' I said with a straight face.

'Aw thanks... I feel so happy now.' He said and pouted, I laughed at him.

While I was laughing I looked in Jungkook's direction and he was looking at me, he looked away soon and started running again.

Coach blew the whistle to call Jimin rot go back to training so he left.

I waved and told him to keep up.

Training ended and I walked with Jimin to the gates. I didn't want to take the school bus, but the public bus doesn't come in an hour.

But I just didn't want to see Jungkook so I just asked Jimin if I could hang out with him for a bit.

We decided to go to the cafe nearby with Taehyung and Jin.

We ordered milkshakes and chatted.

'Aw my legs arch so much... I need a massage...' Taehyung said and pouted.

'I haven't ran in so long, I miss running...' I said.

'I wish I enjoyed running as much as you... I just get tired so easily...' Jimin said.

'Swimming is so tiring as well...' Jin said and massaged the back of his neck.

As we were talking, Jungkook and Jennie walked in, as soon as Jennie saw me, she smirked.

Suddenly she turned around and gave Jungkook a perk on his cheek.

He was confused but then he saw me.

He then whispered something into Jennie's ear, which Jennie giggled in response.

I just couldn't look, so I just stared down at my drink.

'Should we go?' Jin asked.

'Yea...' I said and we got out with our drinks and just walked around the streets.

Soon I got on the bus and went to sit at the back.

The bus was about to go off when Jungkook rushed in the bus, he saw me and looked down, walking behind me and sat there.

I just put my earphones in and looked out the window.

When we arrived I walked quickly out so he can't catch up with me.

But Jungkook was fast so he held onto my arm and turned me around.

'Jisoo..'

'What?! Can you just leave me alone?' I said, annoyed.

'Can we please just talk, and then I'll stop bothering you.'

'Fine.'

He held his hands together and looked really shy.

'First, I just wanted to say sorry. I know I hurt your feelings and I know I'm wrong. There's a reason why I'm like this but I can't tell you now.'

'Oh what's your reason? That you're just a selfish ?'

He seemed a bit taken back when I swore, but I was really angry.

'I'm sorry, I do have a reason but I can't tell you.'

'You're done talking right? I'm gonna go now.' I said and stomped off. We're going the same way so it's awkward.

I walked faster and faster so he wouldn't catch up.

Luckily he walked really slowly so I went in the elevator without him.

I really hate him, but at the same time, I want to see him. I want everything to return how it was.

Why can't I hate him?