005

My Bestfriend's Boyfriend

Walking back to the building was slightly more awkward as Zelo was sleeping as I carried him and both of us remained silent as we tried not to wake him up.

On the way Jungkook took the other bag from me as I was carrying Zelo and being the weak person I am I was getting tired.

When we got into the elevator, the awkwardness increased.

I just hated the fact that he was always so quiet and unpredictable.

Finally I got out and went to granny's house.

'I can take the bags now, thanks.' I said and bowed.

'I guess I'll see you tomorrow then.' He said smiling and gave me my bags.

I said thanks again and walked into granny's house. Of course granny came out and checked if I got everything. Last time I forgot something, she made me go all the way back just to get it event though she didn't need it urgently.

I placed Zelo in his bed and went into the living room.

'You can go now.'

I awkwardly nodded and walked out. Why does she not like me? I don't get it. I didn't want to make a scene when Zelo's around so I never said anything.

I walked along the long corridor and reached my house.

'I'm back!'

No one replies, I guess mum and dad are walking late again.

I took off my shoes and got changed into my running gear as I wanted to go for a run after dinner and it was comfier than my uniform.

I was always too lazy to cook food so I just cooked ramen and eggs again. Yum right.

It was now 9 and I got on my jogging shoes and earphones and headed for night jog.

I liked jogging at night cuz there's not a lot of people as they're all walking home from work.

I chose my running playlist which was more up beat compared to my normal dad playlist. I just realised how emo I sounded just now...

I usually avoided dark alley ways except for this short cut cuz I didn't like to jog pass the market where there's loads of people.

Normally it was fine but today I felt like somebody was following me. I told myself everything was gonna be okay but my anxiety was getting really bad. 

Being the idiot I am I turned around to check if anyone was there and suddenly someone forcefully grabbed my mouth with a cloth and tried and choke me. I tried to fight back but the person was too strong.

With all my strength I kicked the person behind me and ran for my life. It was really dark so I couldn't see, all I heard were footsteps running after me. It was a good thing I'm an athlete or he would've caught me, he was quite a fast runner as well.

My breathing was getting heavy and the footsteps behind got softer and softer.

Tears were falling down my face and soon it had developed into a panic attack.

It was All a mess so I couldn't see anything. And suddenly, I ran into what seemed like a person. 

With such great force I fell into my bum but all I did was sit there and try to calm down.

'Gwenchenayo?' The familiar voice asked.

I shoke my head as I was still trying to calm down as my hands was shaking so much.

Then I realised who the voice belonged to as I thought, it was Jungkook.

'No no stay away from me...' I said as tears kept falling down my face.

'Shh shh it's okay...' He said I pulled me into a securing hug.

Soon with his tight hug making me feel protected, I calmed down and stopped shaking.

He let go of me and looked into my eyes with a worried expression.

'What  happened?' He asked as he held me with his muscular hands.

'He followed me.. and tried to kidnap me...'

His eyes widened as he seemed really surprised.

He took off his hoodie and put it in my shoulders. 

'Come on let's get you home.' He said and helped me up while wrapping his arm around my body.

I was still shaking a bit as we walked in silent. He's definitely back, I knew it.

The walk back was awkward as I was in such a bad state, I felt like people were just staring at me.     

We walked into the building elevator and he finally ended the silence.

'From now on, call me when you're about to go jogging or jog in the morning cuz I normally jog in the morning. Just avoid going out at night time now.'

He took my phone and put in his number. 'Here.'

I nodded but I just couldn't hold back my curiosity.

'Why are you being so nice to me?'

He gave me a look, not a mean one.

'Because I promised Jennie and she means the world to me.'

It melted my heart how he cared so much about Jennie, I was really glad that he was her boyfriend.

'Thanks. I mean.. thanks for treating Jennie so well. I'm not very good at caring about people.' I said and smiled softly.

He smiled back and said nothing, but now the silence wasn't as awkward. 

Finally, I reached my level.

'Bye.' I said and he waved.

Somehow the awkwardness died down so much and I felt like I could trust him. It was weird as I've never felt so close with someone even though I just met them.

I don't usually trust people that easily but with him I felt so safe.

I went into the flat and realised I was still wearing his hoodie. Whoops.

I guess I'll just give it back tomorrow.