043

My Bestfriend's Boyfriend

Jungkook's POV

I had been trying to call Jisoo all night and she just wouldn't pick up. At first, I got worried that something has happened to her, but every time I called, the call would go through, and judging by the fact that the calls end at a different time every try, it means she's been declining my calls.

I can understand why she's angry, but she was being a hypocrite for Hanbin and Rose. I wanted her to trust me, to know that I only love her, no one else.

I wanted to leave the hospital but the doctors won't let me and made me stay for a night.

The next day, I went back home, on the way, I k Ickes on Jisoo's door but she wouldn't reply. So I thought she just needed some space and time.

After a day of rest, I went back to school. Since I had to use crutches, dad offered to drive me to school. I texted Jisoo telling her she could come as well, but she didn't turn up, so I drove off to school without her.

Arriving at school, the guys helped me around and getting my books.

'Where's Jisoo?' Jin asked.

'She wouldn't reply.'

'The school buses had all arrived, maybe she just didn't come to school... I hope she's okay...'

I hope so as well.

-

'Jungkook? Are you listening?' Rose asked as we were doing our project. I was just thinking about Jisoo. It's been a few days since I last talked to Jisoo, did I really go too far?

'Sorry what?'

'I asked if you wanted to watch a movie after this... as a date...'

'I'm sorry if you're taking this the wrong way, but there was never anything between us, well for me it is. If you think this can blossom into something else, you're wrong and it'll never happen.'

Rose's face immediately fell, and the sadness and jealousy in her eyes were really obvious.

'What's so good about her... Why her? Why her over me?'

'Because she's the girl I love.' I said and got up, 'I'll finish the project myself and send you the script when I finish.' 

I turned around and left her sitting there. I'm not repeating my mistake again, and hopefully Jisoo will forgive me.

I slowly approach my way back home from the cafe, strangely both Jisoo and Hanbin weren't at work. Walking pass the small road, I saw something shiny from a distance.

'What is that?' I slowly made my way towards it and picked it up. It was a gold medal...

I turned it around and saw a picture of a girl running and the word '400m' on it. On the other side was the logo of...

This is Jisoo's...

 

'Just telling you, Jisoo did win the race for the 400m.' Jimin said to me when we were in the hospital.

 

She wouldn't just drop this...

 

'He's more intelligent than you think... He hides his traces so well after 5 years of investigation the police still hadn't found any clues...'

 

No...

I tried to get there as quick as I could.

'Jisoo!' I shouted and knocked on her door, 'Answer me if you're there! Tell me he didn't get you!'

No one answered.

'JISOO!' I screamed and tears started falling down my face.

No. No...

I tried to open the door, by smashing it, trying to break the door. I thought I'd never get in, until I remembered the spare key she always keeps under her floor mat.

'Please be there.' I said and flipped her mat, and there it way, the key.

I immediately opened the door and rushed in.

'Jisoo?!' 

There was no answer.

I looked in every single room, no one, no one, no one.

Lastly, before I went in her room, I prayed in my heart, truly.

Please be there, I beg you.

I opened the door, and my heart broke.

She wasn't there. I fell onto the ground, tears streaming down my face. 

'It's my fault... It's all my fault...'

'But I'm not just gonna sit back... I'm gonna find her.'

I stood up and prepared to leave, but before I did, the photographs on Jisoo's table caught my attention.

There were two photographs. I first picked up the one with a person on it.

'1999... The year we were born in...'

The picture was of a girl, I was guessing it was Jisoo's mum as it really looked like her. Then I picked up the other picture. There was a group of people this time, with names written on it.

They were people I didn't recognised....

Except for one.

I knew that person, the name comfirmed what i saw, she's quite an unusual name, and I doubt anyone's gonna have the same name as her.

I knew where to find her... Bae Suzy...

It didn't take long. I stepped into the familiar place.

'Mum?'