008

My Bestfriend's Boyfriend

As the loud music played, I stood by the bar and enjoyed my drink. All I wanted to do was leave, but I don't have a ride so I guess I had to wait for Jungkook or just one of the boys.

Not enjoying the situation, I stood there looking really pissed off, as I just have a bad resting face.

I wish I could just stay at home, but I couldn't say no to Jennie, I've never said no to her before, she's too precious to me, and she just has this weird aura that makes you wanna say yes to her.

I was enjoying my own company when a guy approached me. He had a creepy smirk on his face and he was taller than me.

'Why's a pretty girl like you standing alone with a sad face at a party like this?' He asked as he stood closer to me.

'Sorry I'm not interested...' I said with a cold tone and continued to mind my own business.

'What do you mean? I'm just-'

Suddenly someone wrapped their arm around my waist which made me flinch. Immediately I looked around and Jimin was standing next to me.

'Hey babe sorry I'm late.' He said and kissed me on the cheek. I forced a smile as I tried to hide the fact that I was really uncomfortable.

The creepy guy looked annoyed and walked away which cursing and I could finally breathe out.

'Thank you so much.' I said, relieved.

'No probs Ji. That guy was such a ert. Are you okay? You're shaking.' He said.

That moment I realised I was actually shaking as his touch really scared me. All I could think about was the stalker.

'Yea I'm alright.'

'Here have some water.' He said and handed me water. I drank it and calmed down, soon I was fine as I breathed normally again.

'Thanks.' I said and took a last deep breath.

Jimin took my cup away and pulled me into a hug out of nowhere.

'What's wrong? Why are you suddenly hugging me?' I asked.

He rested his chin on my forehead as his arms were wrapped around my neck.

'I just felt like it.' Jimin explained.

I heard a soft sigh as he let me go.

'I know you don't like places like this. Did Jennie force you to come again?' He asked.

'Yea... Why else would I be here? It's just too loud.' I said and rolled my eyes.

'Do you wanna get out of here?' 

'Oh thank god yes. Let's go.' I said and we started to go for the entrance until Jungkook suddenly pushed us out of the way and stomped out of the busy house. I looked at Jimin with a worried expression as he looked back at me as well. We both looked at the dance floor where Jungkook came from and saw the most unexpected thing ever.

The person I thought was the most loyal person I've ever met was there at the dance floor.

Jennie was making out with a boy, who wasn't Jungkook, her boyfriend.

But the creepy guy who was trying to chat me up just now.

At that moment, her body fell to the ground and the creepy guy tried to pick her up. 

Me and Jimin immediately ran to her and I pushed that guy away as Jimin helped Jennie up.

'She's drunk.' Jimin said as he carried Jen.

'Yah what th-' The guy shouted as he tried to push me back but I shut him up as I punched him in the face.

'Don't you ever mess with my best friend again.' I said aggressively.

'Go check on Jungkook, I'm gonna take care of Jennie.' 

I nodded and ran out to find him.

Looking everywhere, I finally found him sitting by the pond in the garden. 

I felt so sorry for him as I too was surprised at what Jennie did. She was drunk, but that would've stopped her from not kissing back.

I went to sit next to him on the rock. I was just wearing a short dress and it was quite chilly, but I ignored the fact that I was cold.

'Jungkook.'

He looked away from me but continued to sob. I reached out my hand to touch his shoulder.

'It's okay.' I said.

'No it's not... Go away...' He said. He started sobbing even louder despite trying to hide it.

I hugged him as he sobbed. He slowly wrapped his arms around me and hugged back.

'How can she do this? I loved her! I only trusted her! She was the only one I could trust, but now she has betrayed me.'

It got me so emotional how a boy like him with such a tough appearance have such a sensitive heart for someone. It breaks my heart seeing him like this even though he wasn't close to me.

'It's okay. It's okay... Life will try and make you fall all the time, but it happens to everyone. Life can't be always perfect, if it was that way, there will be no point of living. If life hits you with a rock, just prove you're strong enough to catch the rock and throw it back.'

I continued to hold him in my arms as he cried. 

I think we stayed in that position for a while. He pulled away form the hug and looked at me with his puffy eyes. 

'I'm sorry for making you sit here...'

'It's fine, I don't mind. When I'm upset, I always get better when someone hugs me. It always makes me feel so much better.' I said and smiled brightly at him as I wanted to lift his mood up.

'Thanks... I really appreciate it.' He said.

I wasn't trying to make it feel better because he was Jennie's boyfriend, but my heart was telling me to. It's weird. I've never really felt like this before.It was like my heart had sudden'y told me to care about him for no reason. He has saved me before, maybe it's my self conscious telling me to thank him.

'You know it's not the end of the world. She was just drunk, it was a mistake.' 

'It wasn't though.'

I was shocked as I heard him, I thought he would've been more forgiving than this as he seem to really like Jennie.

'What do you mean?' I asked.

'She's cheating on me. I've known since a while ago. I saw her texts with that guy, I thought it was just me being anxious, but this proves it all.'

He paused before saying.

'She doesn't love me.'