022

My Bestfriend's Boyfriend

I listened to Jungkook's music which was really calming. It made me escape into another world, it was really nice.

I was enjoying it so much that time passed so quickly.

'We're here.' Jungkook said as he took the headphones off.

We got off the bus and walked home. Again, he walked slightly behind me.

Getting into the elevator, I stood slightly in front of him, I could hear his breathing, that's how quiet it was.

When I reached my level, I was about to walk out but Jungkook suddenly grabbed my arm lightly and turned me around.

'Wait.'

He then lightly put his lips onto mine and started kissing me.

I kissed back although I was shocked but I was happy at the same time.

We kissed for a good few seconds and parted. We then just stared at each other, I was standing outside and he was standing inside.

After a while of staring, the elevator door closed between us and he was gone.

I walked home, still surprised, so it wasn't an accident when he was drunk, he meant it.

These days, I keep thinking of him, maybe this is what people call love. I don't know a lot about this, but I know I do like him more than a friend.

Maybe I can give this a go, give love a go.

I was determined with this whole thing I actually started smiling to myself when I thought about our kiss again, I just wanted to kiss him again.

I do like him... I've never thought of a person in this way, I must like him.

That night, I slept so well as I thought about the kiss, despite all my problems.

 

-

 

I'll tell him I like him. He must feel the same way, he kissed me first.

I was so happy about this whole thing I was actually excited about going to school, seeing him.

I got out, expecting to see Jungkook, but he wasn't there. Maybe he went to the bus first.

I walked to the bus on my own, wanting to see Jungkook, but as I got into the bus, he wasn't there either. I thought he was gonna show up late but the bus started before he came. He must be ill or something.

I put in my earphones to block out the noise and messaged Jungkook asking where he was.

He didn't reply despite I already arrived at school.

I went to my locker as usual and the boys were already there.

'How are you feeling?' Jin asked.

'Better now thanks, has any of you seen Jungkook?' 

'Hm... no, why?' Hoseok asked.

'He didn't take the bus and-'

The boys suddenly looked really shocked as they saw something behind me, I tried to turn around but Jimin stopped me from it.

'What are you doing?'

I tried to turn around again and realised why he did it.

In front of my eyes, Jungkook and Jennie were holding hands happily together.

'What the ...' I whispered under my breath.

How can he mess with my feelings like that? He was the person who told me to let go of Jennie and who kissed me... Now he's right there, holding hands and being all lovey dovey with her...

He must've used me, how can I have been so stupid? I was just a rebound, he never liked me.

He loves Jennie you idiot.

It wasn't his fault, it was just me being stupid, it was me who was wrong, I trusted him, and I shouldn't have. I trusted him too easily. He was just like Jennie, he only used me.

Jungkook looked in my direction and his smile disappeared. How disappointed I was in him, I couldn't even explain it without crying. It was just me being naive.

This is what you get for liking someone.

I shouldn't have given it a go. You idiot. Love doesn't exist.

I immediately turned around and left, Jimin followed behind me.

I wasn't angry, but heartbroken. I couldn't even think of him without my eyes watering.

No. Jisoo. You need to show that you're strong, you can't act weak in front of Jennie, or anyone.

I went into the bathroom and sorted myself out, telling myself over and over again, not to get upset, not to cry when I see him.

It's embarrassing. Knowing that he was just playing with my feelings.

When I got back form the bathroom, I was gonna sit next to Jimin when I saw Jennie sitting there.

She saw me walking in and gave me a smirk. The only seat available was the seat next to Jungkook. Jimin gave me a worried look and so did the boys. Jimin also gave Jennie dirty looks.

The teacher arrived shortly after me so I had to sit next to Jungkook.

It was the most awkward thing ever, class went on longer than usual. I sat on the edge of my seat, as far away from Jungkook as possible. I didn't look up from my book once, I didn't want Jungkook to see my face.

Jimin stole glances from me from time to time and I couldn't stop thinking about how Jungkook just used me.

When the bell rang, I immediately got out of the classroom with Jimin and the boys followed after me.

'She's gone insane...' Taehyung said about Jennie.

 I could tell they all knew I felt something for Jungkook, maybe not love, but just a strong feeling.

'Are you okay?' Jimin asked as he wrapped his arm around me.

'She can do whatever she wants, I don't even care anymore, I'm too tired to care.' I said as we walked to the dining hall.

We all sat down in our usual table, I didn't speak a thing, or smile either,

The boys started random conversations and tried to make me laugh, but I just couldn't, I did smile softly, but I faked them.

I just played around with my food and rarely looked up. Suddenly, someone put there tray next to me and I looked up. Jennie.

'Hey guys! Mind if we sit here?' She said while smirking as Jungkook was with her.

'I don't feel like eating, I'm gonna go now.' I said.

'I'll come with you.' Jimin said and stood up to leave with me.

'Why? Because me and Jungkook are back together?' She said in a really intimidating way.

I stopped. I can't believe she's trying so hard to start something in front of everyone, in front of Jungkook.

I turned around slowly, she wore a smirk on her face.

'Congrats, you finally did it, you put me down. If your life goal is make me feel horrible, then you should go get a life, cuz my life can't get any worse anymore. I'm done with your games, I don't know what has gotten to you, but if you really think you're accomplishing something here, then I wish you good luck in life.'

I turned around and left.

I'm already broken, shattered, you can't break me anymore.