038

My Bestfriend's Boyfriend

'We're moving.' Mum said as she kept pulling me.

'Wait what?'

'We're moving to the states, there's no time to pack, we'll buy you stuff when we get there.'

'I'm not going!'

'Just shut up there's no time we need to leave-' 

'No!' I screamed and pulled my hand away forcefully. This made her wobble and drop her purse.

'I'm tired of you telling me what to do. This is my life, and I'm not going.' I said stubbornly.

She picked up her stuff in a rush and hurried away.

'Fine, you're not my responsibility anymore. It's not my fault if something happens to you.' She said as she got in a cab, 'Incheon airport please.'

The cab drove away and I just stared at the back of it. Why is she in such a hurry? And why are we suddenly moving?

I turned around and saw something white where she dropped her stuff, as I walked closer, I saw the familiar photograph paper and the writing at the back.

I picked it up as my hands were shaking. It was a picture of.... mum, but when she was younger...a little bit older than I am now...

On the back, it says 'I'm back'

What the hell...

Why does he have a picture of my mum when she was little...?

Does she know about him more than I think?

'Jisoo!' Jungkook came running holding my bag that I didn't get to pick up. I hid the photograph behind me, I wanted to know more first before I tell him anything.

'Jungkook...' I said as he pulled me into a hug.

'What's wrong? Why did she pull you out?' He asked.

'My family's moving to the states. I said I didnt want to go and then she just left me... What am I supposed to do now?' I said as I was so confused to what to do.

'I guess you just go back to what you did before, didn't you used to live alone?'

'Yea I guess.'

He pulled me into a tight hug and rested his head on top of mine.

'You scared me so much there. I thought you were actually gonna leave.'

'Me too.' I said and hugged him as well.

'Yah what happened?' Sugar asked as the boys came out as well.

'Its fine.' I said and explained what just happened.

'But why is your mum acting like that?'

'I don't know either. But I'm just glad I don't have to leave.'

'I would be so sad if you actually left.' Taehyung said and hugged me.

'Yah, she's mine.' Jungkook said and looked annoyed that Tae was hugging me.

'Nah she's ours, we met her first.' Taehyng said and stuck out his tongue.

'Yah!' Jungkook said and started chasing Tae. We were all laughing as he kept hiding behind me.

'Common let's go back and have some more meat!' Hoseok said and we all went back to the restaurant.

 

'Bye!' We parted our ways after dinner as there's school the next day. Jungkook and I held hands as we walked to the bus stop. 

'Now I can come over more often since your parents won't be home!' Jungkook grinned. 

'Won't your parents get angry?' I asked.

'They don't mind, they're probably tease me about you if they knew you were my girlfriend, they literally love you!'

'I probably need to get a job now, they probably won't be giving me money.' I sighed.

'Why don't you go work at the cafe near our building? I heard they're recruiting. If you do work there I can walk you home after my basketball practise on Thursdays.'

'You play basketball? I didn't know that.'

'Yea I picked it up recently after I stopped playing it a few years ago.'

'What if the girl start fingerling you again? I'd be annoyed.' I said and pouted.

'Don't worry I don't like any of them, except for one.' 

'Who?' I asked angrily.

'You.' He said and smiled cheekily.

'So cheesy...' I said and rolled my eyes. He always says really cheesy things just to annoy me.

'I'll see you tomorrow Ji.' He said and kissed me on the cheek as I left the elevator to my level.

I went back to my house, everything looked the same, except for some open drawers and shelves, probably from mum packing her stuff in a hurry.

I took out the photograph and studied it again as I sat on my sofa.

Why does he have a picture of mum when she was little? Suspicion starting rising.

In the corner of the picture, there were blurry letters imprinted on it. As I read closer, I figured out those weren't letter, but numbers.

'1999... 24th of January...'

That was the year I was born in...

But in the picture mum didn't look pregnant yet. What is this all about?

I wanted to know, if mum knew more about the stalker than I think, so I called her, but the call wouldn't go through at all. I kept calling but it just wouldn't go through.

'For sake...' I cursed and threw the phone.

Maybe I'll find something in her room...

I went into her room, which I usually don't. Her room was bare, but there were a few books and in drawers and shelves.

Apart from a few magazines and cheque books, there wasn't much, and I failed to find anything useful. I searched harder.

Nothing was useful in her drawers which I was disappointed in. I sat down on the floor and sighed.

'What could this mean...?' I sighed as I looked around.

Suddenly, something under the bed caught my attention.