046

My Bestfriend's Boyfriend

Jungkook's POV

I was finally allowed to be discharged from the hospital after a week. The stab wound was starting to recover but all I cared about was Jisoo. I wonder if she's okay, physically and emotionally.

Going back to school, loads of people asked if I was okay, even people I didn't know, mostly girls though. Rose stopped being clingy to be after I told her to stop. She was still trying to flirt with me, but I was having none of it. Since I still had a cast on my leg, the guys always came to pick me up and help me around.

I constantly called he doctor and asked if I could visit but he said to give her more time, though her condition was getting better.

After 2 weeks of waiting, the doctor finally called me and said it was fine for Jisoo to go home, although she was advised to go back for follow up appointments.

I stopped by her room as I met her doctor.

'Just before you get her home, I need to tell you a few things. Her condition has improved but she's still not recovered entirely. She's been quiet and distant with people, which are symptoms of shock. According to our observations, she seems to be sensitive with darkness so nurses tend to let her sleep with a side light on. She also tend to be sensitive to knives and blood, she had a panic attack when she saw someone in the hospital with a cut on their arm. She has to take these pills everyday, come I'll show you.'

He led me into a room where he gave me all the medication for Jisoo and led me to her room.

'Hey Jisoo, you ready to leave?' The doctor asked her in a friendly way as we went into the room. Jisoo was sitting by her bed, looking out the window. She turned around as she heard us coming in.

She seemed more worn out as usual, but she was still beautiful. Her attention shifted to me and she seemed kind of more excited but in a calming way.

'Jisoo, this is Jungkook, you remember?'

She nodded lightly, without any emotions on her face.

'He's gonna bring you home and live with you for a while, okay? Like how we talked about.'

She nodded and the end of her lip curved up a bit, it was almost a smile, but not yet. 

'I'll live you two to it then. I'll see you next time.'

'Thanks doctor.'

'No problem.' He said and left the room.

'You ready to go home?'

She nodded.

'Let's go then.' I said and smiled, I raised my hand so she could hold it and she hesitantly took my hand.

'Promise...'

I was surprised by her suddenly talking.

'Promise you won't leave me.' She said and looked at me with innocent eyes.

'I won't leave you. I'll never leave you.'

She suddenly hugged me. I hugged her back tightly. She seemed scared as she had never hugged me that tightly before.

'I won't let anything hurt you.'

 

-

 

We took a cab and arrived at her house. I had already told mum about moving in to Jisoo's and she agreed after hearing what had happened to her.

I had already bought ingredients to cook at hers so I could cook her dinner.

Jisoo walked and looked around her house like she hadn't been there in years. 

'This is your room.' I said to her and showed her.

She was quiet the whole time. I cooked her dinner as I the TV for her to watch. 

She seemed very insecure even at her own house. She was hugging a pillow while watch TV, like she was prepared someone was gonna get her.

I finished cooking pasta carbonara, one of her favourites, and we ate it.

When she first bit it, her eyes lightened up and she started shoving everything in .

I couldn't help but laugh at her.

'You always begged me to cook it for you.' I said and smiled.

 

I slept in Jisoo's room that night, but not on her bed. I sat on her chair and fell asleep after 2 hours.

She insisted on going to school since she missed too many days.

I was worried in the beginning as she was more quiet than usual but while being quiet, she seemed really attached to me.

She held my arm as we walked, she seemed really nervous.

We went to the bus and of course people started whispering and gossiping as we walked down to the back of the bus. I was walking behind her and she started to look uncomfortable. I covered her ears and told her to ignore them.

We finally made it to the back and I removed my hands from her ears. She seemed more at ease but the gossiping started up again.

I got out my earphones and put it on her. She seemed shy but it was cute.

We made it to school and she still seemed scared and worried.

'I'm here, don't be scared.' I said and held her hand.

She smiled softly and nodded.

'Let's go then.' I said and squeezed her hand.