One surprise after another

So Similar Yet so Different

"I approve. You definitely cannot cook." She said, spitting the fried rice on her plate. 

"I said that i can't cook but you insisted" a sternly gaze of mine met the girl in front of me.

"I thought you were kidding, the great Stephanie hwang miyoung has a flaw. I couldn't believe that so I gave your cooking skills a try. It turned out to be a mistake of me thinking that." I felt angry because she made fun of me again. 

"Don't complain just eat it!" I demanded.

"But your food is ty. This is going to poison me." She stood up from the seat, walked to the kitchen, opened the fridge and took things out. 

"What are you doing?" 

"I'm going to make edible food"

"Who allowed you to make something with my things, in my kitchen?"

"No one, I'm quite sure that you don't want to eat it your failed experiment either." I still couldn't get over the fact that she was so self conscious and always got that smug look on the face of hers ... just like me. I watched her washing the carrots, cutting them in squares and throwing them in the pot just like other ingredients for the dish. She definitely knew what she was doing  unlike me... I stood up and walked in the bathroom to shower.

"Do whatever you want to do but don't destroy my apartment and don't forget to turn of the stove, I'm going to shower."
---------
After 30 minutes of showering, washing hair, shaving legs and other parts of my body and drying my hair. I came back but was surprised because she wasn't there anymore just a bowl with soup and beside of it a note 'eat before it gets cold'. Something in me began to get warm because of her nice gesture. 
I ate it and felt lonely and still groggy because of the pills she gave me. Suddenly I reminisce that she said '"Took you a long time till the pills operated"' I felt angry again and yelled "KIM TAEYEON" although she wasn't there anymore. I rested in my bed  to calm down and drifted slowly to dream land.
------------------
I woke up and looked at my phone. 
From: Yuri |2.17 pm|
'Yah come out with us tonight at hyoyeon's will be a special event I heard.'

I got ready but had to tidy up the bedroom. Starting on my bed, there were my pjs I had on in the morning before I showered. Something was smelling odd, first I smelled on my shirt and then my armpits but nothing, it wasn't me. I then smelt on the PJs that I had in my hand. A sweet vanilla scent invaded my nose. Neither, I had perfume nor does my detergent smelled like that. A prediction came to my mind but I couldn't believe it so I checked the recording of the camera from last night. 
----------------
Flashback. last night. [TAEYEON] 
"Where's your key" I fumbled on her body that I was holding, searching for her key. 

"I-in my p-pockets" she said sniffing on my hair.

"Ah, there you are" I grabbed in her pockets of her skinny jeans as I felt her shiver against my fingers that didn't even touch her skin. 

"Now come" I held her waist. On the way to her apartment she was so high that she laughed so hard from the back at the rear view seeing herself. If it already wasn't the worst she suddenly couldn't take steps anymore. 
"I-I think-k that I am paraplegic" I heard her giggle. "I can't walk anymore.". She was so annoying, I couldn't take it anymore and took her bridal style. "Wooooooah am I flying???" She was so happy, I think it was a big mistake to drug her.

Since I was the first time in her apartment I had to go through many rooms until I found her bedroom. She was indeed the CEO of the hwang groups. I was amazed by the various kinds of rooms an apartment can have, from storage room to fitness room. It was like an arcade-center with a lot of different games. Me with my 2-room apartment was as comparison an ant and taeyeon's apartment a horse. 

In her bedroom I slumped her on the bed and changed her tight cloth in comfortable pjs I found in a room that her clothes stored. 

She looked dead so I tapped her. No respond. '' I thought. I tapped her again a little harder this time. Still no respond. 'Did I just committed a murder?' I asked myself anxiously. Now I shook her body from left to right. I heard her groan. 'Thank god'. I felt exhausted but relieved. The last time I felt this exhausted was when my late grandma suffered from a bone disease in which she had to try hard to move.

I rolled her in her bed and covered her with the blanket. I felt relieved that I didn't kill her and started to get out the room, switching out the lights as she spoke up again. "Stay" I heard it clearly although she mumbled.

"Wae??" 

"I'm cold, come here to me, cuddle with me" she whined. 'Did she really say that?' 

"Do you even know who I am?"

"Of course hyoyeon" 

I looked at her confused even if she didn't see my expression. 

I thought about it, I was cold too and I was to tired to go home so why not? I decided to stay and tomorrow I will make her cook for me, what a great plan.

I lay down and slung one arm of mine around her waist and let her head rest on my other arm. Her arms slung automatically around me and in addition she swung her leg over me. 'I'm definitely going to get out of her embrace before she gains consciousness' 

'What is she going to feel when she found out that she was so clingy to one of her employee?' I asked myself
--------------
'I CUDDLED HER?!' I was so shocked at what I just saw. I rewound the third time at the moment where I nearly pounced on her , until I finally realized what I had done. 'I think I have to arrange my funeral now...I hope I won't meet her tomorrow at work... This will be so embarrassing for the both of us' 

 I started to put on my shoes and coat because I wanted to go to the mall to buy a present for my father whose birthday followed on the day after wherefore I needed ro cancel the meeting with yulsic. 
-------------
 I was a person who had to buy somethings materialistic because I wasn't good at showing my feelings and money made almost everything possible in the world.

 I couldn't think of an idea because the drugs were still hitting me from the bottom. I had to clear my mind so I looked out for a coffee shop. 'Caffeine is definitely going to help' but I just took one step in the store and recognized a familiar silhouette . 

It was taeyeon. What a surprise. Every time I wanted to get rid of the stress she appeared out of the blue. 'How many jobs does she have?' I didn't want her to see me so I just went to another coffee shop and bought a black coffee.

'This was good' I thought as I threw away the empty cup. I turned around and found a bakery store that took orders for individual cakes. I walked in and looked at the catalogue. I skimmed through the pages and decided for one simple cake that could be made in one night. 

"Thank you I will come tomorrow at noon and pick it up, if it's not a problem for you." 

"I'm going to start now so it's definitely ready to pick up by tomorrow." 

"Ok. Bye" I said fake smiling.
-----------------
I visited my father as soon as I got the cake. Opening the door the first time with my own keys, I pushed my way into the house since my handy were buys holding key and cake. I rarely visited him because he always came to me. But since it was his birthday I wanted to surprise him. 

"Surprise appa!!" I yelled closing the door.

"Annyeonghaseyo miyoung-ah" a female voice welcomed me. I turned around expecting someone I knew because only people who I knew for a long time called me by my Korean name. 

"Ah-annyeonghaseyo" I stuttered because I didn't know the woman - judging by her looks -  who was approximately my father's age. I didn't want to be rude because it was obvious that she knew me well because she hugged me and patted my so I just hoped that there will be no questions regarding the past. 

 My attention went to the man standing in the doorframe. "Happy birthday appa!" I straightened my arm so that the cake was in his focus.

"Aaaaawww thank you my little daughter" he blowed the candles off, that I lighten up before I came in. "Let me put it in the fridge" the forgotten woman said. 

"Yeah, yeah here" 

"Miyoung ah why are you here and not at work? I wanted to pick you up from work. I planned to go outside and eat in a fancy restaurant." He said disappointed. 

I answered excitedly: " why do you even ask? I wanted to surprise the best daddy on earth on his birthday!" 

"Thank you thank you, actually I wanted to surprise you with her." He pointed with his thumb at the woman next to him. 

"You've become so tall miyoung-ah" she interrupted him and patted my shoulder.

"The last time I saw you, you were one third of me and now you are even prettier and taller than me!" So I guessed right, she knew me for a very very long time. Again I didn't show that I ddidn't know her. 

We talked about what I've been doing, how the company was going and my love life etc. At the latter both my father and her were shocked because of the amount of people I've dated. My father knew that I changed my lover often but he obviously didn't count. So now I had an astound father, eyes wide open, mouth a gap and an unknown acquaintance with the same shocked expression.

"A-a-alright I-i mean you are a beautiful and grownup woman, so why not?" She chuckled awkwardly and looked to my father with an I-didnt-expect-that face. My father looked apologetic at her. I witnessed this scene but couldn't get behind it. I didn't bother to ask so I broke the awkwardness by saying:
"Soooo... Are we still going out eat?" 

"Yeah but in the evening not now" I nodded and slumped on the couch, switching on the TV and watching the news.
------ 
'Oh I fell asleep' I yawned, looking at the clock in my phone '5.57pm'. 

"Good, you are awake now, I was about to wake you up to tell you to go home and wear something formal. Pretty and simple just how I like it."

I sat up, still not fully awake but perceiving everything he had said to me. 
-----------
I came home and checked the message I got 
From: best daddy |6.45pm|
'Let's meet in front of the xxx in the xxxx street in 1 hour. Don't forget: pretty and simple! :)'

To: best daddy |6.47| 
'I'm always dressed pretty and simple but thanks for the reminder'

I was a little confused because I would never go out in sweatpants or anything like this. It was odd that he said that to me, 5 times in the last 4 hours to be exact. 

I went to the closet for formal cloth and decided to wear a white dress, it was really short and yet not ty. there were no sleeves so I put a matching beige coat on that kept me warm. I did some last touches in front of the mirror 'gorgeous as always' and shot myself an eyesmile before I went out.
---------------
I met up with my father in front of the restaurant. 

"They are already inside." I gave him a confused look ' 'they'?'. 
We came in and we were lead to a table with 2 people already seated. Their backs facing us. 

"Oh you came?" I looked in the face of the woman I met at my dads home. The other woman just stayed like I found her when I first saw her. 

"Annyeonghaseyo miyoung-ah" we came around to seat at the chairs in front of them and I gasped at the sight of the other woman. I began to stutter. "A-a-annyeonghaseyo" I bowed my head a little. "Taeyeon why don't you greet her too" 

"Hey tiff and mr. Hwang" 

This day was filled with many surprises.